• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Open carry sighting in Mass...or was it?

While out to lunch today my co-workers sitting across from me say, "yeah dude. he is wearing a gun". One cowworker is a gun owner and the other I have fully indocrinated so I know this person with a gun is probably not a cop. I reminded them there is nothing illegal about OC it just not socially accepted in the commiewealth. So I turn around to check it out this person waiting in line to order. From behind it certainly looks like a sholder holster but I could not see a gun. His shirt was untucked so I could not see a badge if one was there. My perception of him, his girl, dress and mannerism told me he was not a LEO.

I observed all the people around him in line and in the restaurant and no one seemed alarmed. I though cool these people around here are not uptight (or didn't see him) and this guys got balls for OC in Mass or he is from out of state and really clueless of where he was. I was really waiting for SWAT to show up.

I maneuverd to get a closer look and was ready to shake his hand for having such balls to OC in Mass when it turned out to be a glorified murse.

This is pretty close to what it looked like. I guess he didn't hear about the umbrella incident at the Burlington Mall or doesn't care.

murse13.jpg
holster.jpg

A lot of times plainclothes types will wear their ID/badge around their neck or down by their belt.

In this case though it looks like you got scooped by a hipster that probably has a lisp.

That would be funny as hell though "Man taken down by SWAT for carrying murse" [rofl]

-Mike

can anyone tell me where to find the rules on "open cary" in MA? I have tried to look it up on the state sight and although it's writen in english hell if I can understand it.

can anyone tell me where to find the rules on "open cary" in MA? I have tried to look it up on the state sight and although it's writen in english hell if I can understand it.

There is nothing in MGL that blocks open carry or regulates it in the strictest sense.

That said, LE often reacts poorly to it in this state depending on the context. If your issuing authority does not "like" open carry, expect problems. The problem with LTC's in MA is that police van levy non-judicial punishment on gun carriers without due process of law. This gives them the latitude to cancel your license if they don't like the way your breath smells, or that you open carry, or whatever.

Another way of looking at it is most armed security and armored car guards in MA carry under the same license we do, and they do it openly all the time. The reason there is never a problem is because moonbat sheeple give a "pass" to some guy with even a marginally official uniform carrying a gun.

-Mike

I open carried for about 2 minutes yesterday, got out of my car to grab some lunch and didnt pull my shirt back down. Didnt notice until I was picking out some chowder, think the counter guy saw it but didnt say anything [laugh]

As for the murse, damn thats gay.

I'll have to admit to having considered an UrbanTool SportHolster to wear under my Sox jersey at Fenway because the cheap seats are so narrow and hit me right where my phone rides on my belt.

....Another way of looking at it is most armed security and armored car guards in MA carry under the same license we do, and they do it openly all the time. The reason there is never a problem is because moonbat sheeple give a "pass" to some guy with even a marginally official uniform carrying a gun. ....

So it's OK to open carry if I'm wearing a cowboy outfit and carrying a single action?[rofl]

Jack

This was also seen on the original English 'The Office', where a character wore a shoulder holster for a cell phone.

I figured this was just another example of English sheeplitude, but the thought of this here in the Comonwealth of Sheep just makes me sigh.

A few years ago, I went to get a hair cut and the new "guy" working on the ladie's side was carrying his hair dryer in a cowboy hip holster. [rolleyes]

A few years ago, I went to get a hair cut and the new "guy" working on the ladie's side was carrying his hair dryer in a cowboy hip holster. [rolleyes]

I actually think thats kind of awesome. At the bank I went to (DCU in Acton) there was an assistant branch manager who always wore a plastic sheriffs badge pinned to a purple bandanna she wore around her neck. The first time I saw her I thought it was dress up Friday - but she had it every time I saw her there. Too bad she didn't have a holster - or chaps.

Back
Top Bottom