• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Open carry in north central MA

Saw this earlier today. Faces are covered to protect the innocent but he had a goatee and I believe the locals carry Glock so I don’t think he was a LEO. This being a more conservative town nobody said anything but I though the guy had a pair bringing it out like that. I’m hoping he’s the start of a trend.

open.JPG

ballsy. i live in the area and have found there to be a pretty high concentration of sheeple.

props for him for exercising his rights either way.

Hmm, was this at the Templeton Memorial Day Parade in ending in Baldwinville Center? I was there, I don't recall seeing him.

If you open carry a J-Frame IWB while mowing the lawn, no one will notice, even in the middle of the People's Republic of Central Mass. At least that's what I've heard.

I'll try it tomorrow and let you know. *checking to be sure that Scrivener's card is in his wallet* [devil]

Even if he is, that just means he probably wouldn't be charged.

There's nothing illegal about open carrying a pistol in MA.

The simple fact that the police weren't called is amazing.

Most people barely pay attention to the world around them. [laugh] When I lived in MA I never open carried outside of the range and employment, but others on here have for long periods of time and reported that almost no one noticed or cared.

Most people barely pay attention to the world around them. [laugh]

This.

Or, if someone sees you open carrying and you're even remotely in shape and clean cut, they assume you're a cop.

I have a sort-of open carry story...

I live less than three miles away from the Shirley Rod And Gun Club. Many times when I'm working up a load, I'll load a few rounds, put them in my pocket, put a pistol in another pocket, and drive to the range for a quick function check.

One day I loaded some .45 ACP rounds that I wanted to function check in several guns. I didn't feel like loading up a range bag or locking everything up for what was going to be a 10 minute visit to the range, so I went there "Doobie style" - I had a RRA 1911 in a Fobus holster on my left hip, a Colt in an old retention holster (backwards) on my right hip, a S&W 4506 in my left cargo pocket of my shorts, and a Glock 30 in the right pocket - all loaded.

It was hot as hell and I was thirsty, so on the way to the range I stopped in at the little general store in West Groton to get some Gatorade. I pulled my T-shirt down over the exposed holsters to barely cover just the tops of the 1911s on my hips. It looked ridiculous. There was a uniformed cop in the store investigating a suicide at the old age home across the street. He asked me if I'd seen anything unusual, we chatted for a moment, then I paid for my drink and left. If he noticed, he didn't bat an eye. I don't think he noticed.

I live near there...... he could have been at Memorial day service on the common in my town, and I can see him having no issues....most people are pro 2A.

Me...I just carry concealed...but if that's where it was, I can guarantee he wasn't the only one carrying.......the others you just don't know about.

One day I loaded some .45 ACP rounds that I wanted to function check in several guns. I didn't feel like loading up a range bag or locking everything up for what was going to be a 10 minute visit to the range, so I went there "Doobie style" - I had a RRA 1911 in a Fobus holster on my left hip, a Colt in an old retention holster (backwards) on my right hip, a S&W 4506 in my left cargo pocket of my shorts, and a Glock 30 in the right pocket - all loaded.

That is hilarious....reminds me of this

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom