Open carry in New Hampshire.

I've been carrying concealed in NH for about 11 or 12 years. I only open carry while hunting. In urban and suburban areas the only times I've ever seen anyone open carry they were dresses well and it was hard to tell if they were plain clothes cops. For you FS that say you open carry all the time, in what areas and what's you usual mode of dress? I'm generally a jeans/shorts and t-shirt guy.

I'm gonna get some more OWB holsters and start carrying my prettier guns.

Please do. A right not exercised is a right lost forever.

in what areas and what's you usual mode of dress? I'm generally a jeans/shorts and t-shirt guy.

Sourthern NH, Jeans, & T-shirt sometimes an open overshirt left to flap in the breeze.

The reason I ask is I may start OC'ing just because I can and I'll be doing my part to desensitize the sheep. My preferred method will still be concealed.

Every time these threads come up I realize how badly MA breaks peoples souls. Seriously? It's not against the law just do it and stop asking already. This forum is full of threads exactly like this with 100 replies saying "I OC all the time and nobody ever bothers me". Yeah, no shit they shouldn't you're not breaking any laws.

Dude, it isn't about it being against the law. It's more about the reaction to expect in Nashua as half the dam people there are from the PROM.

Dude, it isn't about it being against the law. It's more about the reaction to expect in Nashua as half the dam people there are from the PROM.

My point still exists, it's been asked in dozens of threads already. You're more likely to get pulled over for a blown headlight than harassed because you're OC'ing.

who gives a f--- about their reaction?

is it legal: YES!---end of discussion.

Last time I was in Maine at my GF's farm, we walked about 200 yards down her road to the neighbor's farm. He's got a nice pit in the back that we shoot at. Anyway, I had my 9mm Smith and Wesson on my belt, out in the open, I had a Enfield .303 slung over my shoulder. My GF had a .22 Mosquito on her belt, and she had my 15-22 slung over her shoulder. That was so much fun! We got waves from the other neighbors, and cars went by us like there was nothing out of the ordinary.

(No, she does not carry a .22 for protection. I was just easier to transport it that way!)

I OCd at Chili's in Nashua, not far from the MA border having lunch with a friend. Several people near me stared at it, no cops called, no problems. I don't think the server or hostess noticed.

homeboys, it's really no big deal. i ate pizza in a restaurant with my dear mother with a gun on my hip. no one wet themself or called the police. also hit up mill stores to check out some wood stuff. cashier there thought my sig (miss you [sad2]) was cool.

People (often MA folks) talk about NH like everyone and their grandmother up here is openly packing. I've lived in NH for years and only twice have I seen someone open carrying, and no I'm not referring to southern NH. Over the years I've also never met a fellow shooter at the club who open carries in public. I'm not saying OC isn't more common out in the really rural area's, but I just don't see it happening in NH.

People (often MA folks) talk about NH like everyone and their grandmother up here is openly packing. I've lived in NH for years and only twice have I seen someone open carrying, and no I'm not referring to southern NH. Over the years I've also never met a fellow shooter at the club who open carries in public. I'm not saying OC isn't more common out in the really rural area's, but I just don't see it happening in NH.

Same here. Thats why some of these posts surprise me. If you guys open carry then God bless you. I'm not sure I want to deal with police. I may try it further up north. I've seen open carry in Nashua about 3 times in 12 years living here. Twice they looked like plain clothes cops, but I saw no badge or cuffs. The third time it was on Main street a guy walking past Alex's Shoe Store with a big old Uncle Mike's nylon holster carryin a full sized auto. What shocked me is he was wearing some fake Wal-Mart style cut off cammie shorts and a wife beater. He was unshaven and pretty grubby looking. I thought he was a pretty bold SOB carrying like that. I figure it begged harrassment from the cops.

- - - Updated - - -

cashier there thought my sig (miss you [sad2]) was cool.

And the point of this thread is folks, never, ever, sell or otherwise get rid of a gun. I've felt seller's regret more than once. never again.

I have been all down 101a while OC'ing,Target,Home Depot,Lowes,Game Stop,Longhorns,Ford Dealership,Staples,Sears ect ect.

I never had an issue,I don't OC in south Nashua and I tend to forget I'm carrying and find myself at a few plazas on the wrong side so to speak,do my business and gtfo of that shit hole state.

did she have Aspergers? people with Aspergers are easily amused by things with lots of unnecessary levers, switches, and buttons. they also fling poo, have a hard time understanding the concept of straight lines, hit things with rocks, and drool a lot so they're into AKs as well.

[rofl]

shiny things.

communist rifles.

drool.

It's not just us sheep in MA who think that open carry is unusual. I've lived in various places and worked in "free" states. OC just isn't that common. When people do see a gun on someone's hip who isn't clearly a LEO they can get concerned and will call the police.

did she have Aspergers? people with Aspergers are easily amused by things with lots of unnecessary levers, switches, and buttons. they also fling poo, have a hard time understanding the concept of straight lines, hit things with rocks, and drool a lot so they're into AKs as well.

Hey, making fun of Aspergerians isn't funny. They're a protected class, much like open-carry proponents and male recreational wrestlers.

It's not just us sheep in MA who think that open carry is unusual. I've lived in various places and worked in "free" states. OC just isn't that common. When people do see a gun on someone's hip who isn't clearly a LEO they can get concerned and will call the police.

meh, so what. That's their own problem.

I've OC'd in nashua plenty of times, I get looks from the moonbats but I also don't care.

Back
Top Bottom