• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Open carry in New Hampshire.

It's not just us sheep in MA who think that open carry is unusual. I've lived in various places and worked in "free" states. OC just isn't that common. When people do see a gun on someone's hip who isn't clearly a LEO they can get concerned and will call the police.

"...open carry is regarded as a Right, and though any citizen may call the police if they observe someone carrying a gun openly, that citizen's 'annoyance and alarm' does not override the Right to carry openly."

meh, so what. That's their own problem.

I've OC'd in nashua plenty of times, I get looks from the moonbats but I also don't care.

"...open carry is regarded as a Right, and though any citizen may call the police if they observe someone carrying a gun openly, that citizen's 'annoyance and alarm' does not override the Right to carry openly."

I agree. I'm not saying anyone shouldn't open carry. Im not saying you should care what they think. I'm definitely not saying we should ditch our rights to carry because of them either.

All I'm saying is that there are sheep all over the country who get "scared" when they see it happening. Even in the free states... It's not just MA. And just don't be surprised when they call the cops.

did she have Aspergers? people with Aspergers are easily amused by things with lots of unnecessary levers, switches, and buttons. they also fling poo, have a hard time understanding the concept of straight lines, hit things with rocks, and drool a lot so they're into AKs as well.

While I have autistic neices and nephews and disagree with the symptoms listed - your comment is still hilarious!

Thanks for the comments, guys, but I really wasn't questioning the legality. I was just asking if anyone had any bizarre experiences in Nashua or ever got hassled by any of the stores.

Today at Weir's beach I saw a Glock 19 (pretty sure thats what it was) in an OWB holster. Nobody flinched. I don't usually see anyone open carry at bikeweek, but routinely see the indicators of concealed carry.

Thanks for the comments, guys, but I really wasn't questioning the legality. I was just asking if anyone had any bizarre experiences in Nashua or ever got hassled by any of the stores.

I think most of us knew you weren't looking for legal advice. Bottom line is this. If it's perfectly legal for you to do and you are comfortable doing it, then by all means go ahead. If you're not comfortable, then don't do it and carry concealed.

People spend way too much time worrying over what others will think of them, who cares? It doesn't affect them in the slightest (well maybe in their mental bubble... but that's a whole other case of worms).

I think most of us knew you weren't looking for legal advice. Bottom line is this. If it's perfectly legal for you to do and you are comfortable doing it, then by all means go ahead. If you're not comfortable, then don't do it and carry concealed.

People spend way too much time worrying over what others will think of them, who cares? It doesn't affect them in the slightest (well maybe in their mental bubble... but that's a whole other case of worms).

Yes in many ways I agree with your statements, but remember anything that can potentially put you on the police radar screen has potential for you to get entered in a data base somewhere, even in "Live Free or Die" New Hampshire. Back in the pen and paper days it was different, but with today's automated police reporting systems and data bases, chances are you are "in the system" somewhere, no matter how benign the encounter may be and all perfectly legal.

I think you'd be okay. Malls are usually gun-free because they are on private property so you can't argue their rules, but places like Costco should be fine. OC in NH is always better than no carry in NH.

...places like Costco should be fine.
As I stated earlier: Costco doesn't post, but they have a national policy against all carry, open or concealed. Many OCers have been booted from Costco, and corporate HQ always parrots the same line: "For the safety of our members and guests, firearms are not allowed on Costco property."

That was the root of Erik Scott's death in Las Vegas, at the Summerlin Costco.

As I stated earlier: Costco doesn't post, but they have a national policy against all carry, open or concealed. Many OCers have been booted from Costco, and corporate HQ always parrots the same line: "For the safety of our members and guests, firearms are not allowed on Costco property."

That was the root of Erik Scott's death in Las Vegas, at the Summerlin Costco.

Costco is a slightly different animal because it's a membership organization. You sign away some privileges in order to shop there.

Back
Top Bottom