• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Open carry in New Hampshire.

je25ff

NES Member
Nashua specifically. Has anyone ever gone shopping in Nashua and open carried? I usually hit costco and the bookstore and I just have a gut feeling that the dopes behind the counter at the bookstore will be on the phone with the Nashua SWAT team if I walked in there with a peace maker on my hip.

Nashua specifically. Has anyone ever gone shopping in Nashua and open carried? I usually hit costco and the bookstore and I just have a gut feeling that the dopes behind the counter at the bookstore will be on the phone with the Nashua SWAT team if I walked in there with a peace maker on my hip.

it's really no big deal, brosef.

If your non-chalent about it, it shouldn't be an issue at all. Don't look nervous, don't draw attention to it be resting the web of your hand on it. Just wear it on your hip and go about your business, you should be fine.

If you don't have a New Hampshire Revolver & Pistol license, make sure it's unloaded while you're in your car while in NH. You can pull over into the Pheasant Lane Mall parking lot from Exit 36 on Rt 3 north. there used to be a line cutting through the middle of the parking lot that marked the NH/MA border (not sure if it's still there, it's been a few years) you can park on the southern end of the lot to unload (if you're driving further into NH) or to park in MA and then walk to NH with open carry.

Second the recommendation for Toadstool in Milford, NH.

I saw a guy at the HD in Nashua OC a nice revolver. No one freaked out, and no one got shot.

edit: MA people will just think you work for the government. Thats how bad most people have been conditioned already. Gun = Government = I am Safe

Last edited:

Really? More than half of the shoppers in Costco or B&N are from MA. Don't you think you'll be offending all the liberals from RPM? [shocked][shocked][rolleyes]

Just do it. I don't get bothered at lake winnipesaukee on the weekends, and that place is infested with bats of the moon a fair amount of the year. I'll get stares from the MA people, I'm sure they call the cops on people with guns (maybe or maybe not on me, who knows, never had a run-in), and I'm sure the cops ask if it's holstered, and they will say "yes officer but...", and the cop will say "call me when someone breaks a law, you're in NH not MA, and I'm not wasting any more time on this conversation".

Last edited:
private property / house rules

It is a Simon owned mall. All Simon Malls have that same policy. Burlington Mall is also a Simon Mall. We know what happen there.

As much as we might not like their rules, it is their right to set the house rules on their private property...so long as we still have the right to private property.

[thinking]

As much as we might not like their rules, it is their right to set the house rules on their private property...so long as we still have the right to private property.

[thinking]

I think most people realize that the owner of the property set the rules, I've only seen a few people bent out of shape over it.

The pheasant lane mall does have a no weapons policy on the entrances. They will just kick you out and you will have to leave when asked.

Was there last weekend with my family, didn't see any signage on the doors to the mall by the foodcourt.

To answer the next question: Yes that was a gun in my pocket.

All Simon Malls (Burlington, Liberty Tree-Danvers, Solomon Pond, So. Shore Plaza, etc.) have a long sign with tons of "can't do this, can't do that on it posted somewhere near each major mall entrance (inside, nobody looks at it) and it contains the "no firearms" phrase on it. Some of those signs are harder to find than others, but they are there. I've never seen them at the anchor store entrances however as that "real estate" is controlled by stores like Sears, Macy's, etc.

My BIL used to manage a number of those malls some years ago.

I open carried in Walmart up in NH... i think by concord? i forgot, but the gentlemen who sold me ammo said "hey thats a nice 1911" lol as i handed him my LTC (not knowing) and he goes.. "oh i dont need that" and proceeded to ring my things up.

All Simon Malls (Burlington, Liberty Tree-Danvers, Solomon Pond, So. Shore Plaza, etc.) have a long sign with tons of "can't do this, can't do that on it posted somewhere near each major mall entrance (inside, nobody looks at it) and it contains the "no firearms" phrase on it.

Yeah, I've seen those signs ... usually as I'm waltzing by with my carry rig under my jacket.

No disagreement here, But the other twist to this is called "Discrimination" and being that these places are open to the public, and being a "public place" where the public is Invited in. Denieing someone there "Right" to keep and bear arms, is no different that telling someone they can't wear a "Cross or a Star of David" openly in the mall. I would have to Agrue that, Having a place of business open to the public is different than your back yard that is private.

The property owner CHOSE to make the property public by inviting people in to do business.

I have no strong position on this as I will not go into these overpriced places any way.

It's important to distinguish between being open to the public and being paid-for/owned-by the public. It's the same line of thinking I apply to setting rules for who to allow onto/into a privately-owned location based on whatever arbitrary measures one wants, including hiring and employment.

Just my 2 cents' worth, and I agree that it's too bad that is their policy and attitude, but there is plenty of shopping competition, and certainly there are locations that are 2A friendly.

Never a problem

I open carry in Nashua from time to time (Pheasant Lane Mall, ...) and have never had a problem.

Just make sure you don't park in Mass (the parking lot along side Sears is in Mass).

Last edited:
Every time these threads come up I realize how badly MA breaks peoples souls. Seriously? It's not against the law just do it and stop asking already. This forum is full of threads exactly like this with 100 replies saying "I OC all the time and nobody ever bothers me". Yeah, no shit they shouldn't you're not breaking any laws.

Every time these threads come up I realize how badly MA breaks peoples souls. Seriously? It's not against the law just do it and stop asking already. This forum is full of threads exactly like this with 100 replies saying "I OC all the time and nobody ever bothers me". Yeah, no shit they shouldn't you're not breaking any laws.

Epic +1

FYI, Costco bans carry in all stores nationwide. They may or may not enforce it. If they do enforce it, you might end up like Erik Scott in Las Vegas.

I've never OC'd. I might experiment, but it puts you at a tactical disadvantage. Example: If you so happen to walk into a CVS w/ OC, and it's about to get knocked-over, then guess who the first victim is. Sure, the chance is small.

At any rate, you're more likely to get a "courtesy call" from the local PD if a moonbat sees you.

NHAtHeart said:

This!!

Sorry Mike, I don't buy into that logic, In fact there are threads on OpenCarry.org that sayes differently. IIRC there were places that the DB's waited until the person OCing left before making the robbery.

Yeah, good point. Maybe I'm trying to logic where it really doesn't apply. Of course, I'm not a dangerous criminal and would never hold-up a store.

Just do it man.......Whats the worse that will happen,,you not in MA your up in NH, they wont shut down the costco hahaha, Ive seen people OCing at the Nashua Costco. i was having my tires rotated there and a guy walked in with a Glock on his hip, asked how long the wait was and then walked out, no one was alerted, they were too busy thinking about the impending winter storm we were getting, so about 2 years ago

Back
Top Bottom