On Mass Pike today and saw a huge anti assault weapon sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if you ask the people on the greens that day. after all who would start shooting at there RIGHTFULL goverment? its only after a person decides that someone has no legal power over you (hence is not your goverment anymore) that they are going to start fighting against it. Or do you think that where shooting at the british troops but reconised the king as being there rightfull leader?

I have states my 'argument' a dozen times now. If you still cant figure it out then there is no help for you. Maybe you should actualy read some posts before responding to one or two lines out of it.

I tried to read and understand your posts. I was able to get past the horrible spelling and grammar. I overlooked your inane misinterpretation of the 2nd amendment. I even gave you a pass on your misunderstanding of the major events in our our revolution. With all of that said, I just can't abide your willful ignorance of the facts after those facts have been revealed to you. You are either a moron or a troll, either way I have no more time for you so good night.

NO, as you and he both say, that is what you have interpolated the 2nd to mean. At no point at any location in the constitution or the associated documents does it say that like about "all enemies, foreign or domestic". Going solely on the documents in question it refers to people being familer with military grade weapons in order for citizen to transition to a milita with minimal training.

If you want to assume that YOU personaly know what was in the mind of the constitutional congress when they wrote it... good for you. If you know that much about what they where thinking, why didnt they actauly write what you are claiming they ment?

Who gives a crap what the Constitution says? Are you going to base your logic on what a bunch of guys 200+ years ago put down on paper?

WHO CREATED GOVERNMENTS? God?? No??

Ok - then MEN created governments ( I believe this was elaborated up in the Declaration of Indepence) - therefore ALL governments are sown with the seeds of their own destruction and the people who have to live under them.

Why don't you explain to me why an organization - given powers by "laws" that are elaborated and put into place by MEN (or women) - who are no different from you and I - should hold the exclusive power of life and death over some other people. Those other people being Jewish , or black, or Christian, or Muslim - or gun owners, or liberals - or whatever.

It all boils down to this: I (and every other person on the planet) - has the inate right of self defense. That means I have the right to beat the crap out of (or shoot) - some guy who breaks into my house and is trying to steal my stuff or rape my wife, and it also extends to me and my neighbors being assaulted by a "government" thrown together by a bunch of people the next town over - who suddenly decide to group together and come steal all of our stuff - and rape our wives.

Call it whatever you want - a group of guys - a militia, a gang - whatever - it doesn't freaking matter. If I don't have a right to defend myself - then it only follows that I don't have a right to join a group and cooperate to defend ourselves. Furthermore - if I don't have a right to defend myself - WHY WOULD ANY GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATION THAT I JOIN - magically and suddenly bestow the right of self defense on me?

Quite frankly I think a lot of people who try going back to the 2nd amendment as a defense of self defense, militias - and gun ownership - make some pretty freaking retarded arguments. If the 2nd amendment didn't exist these people would be left mentally defenseless and unable to explain why gun ownership is a "right" - the same as eating.

Owning a gun is like owning a fork to eat with. When man moved beyond eating everything with his hands or using a stick - a fork became an essential tool - if somebody said " you don't have a right to use that fork" - you would kick them in the teeth and tell them to STFU for being a retard. Well the same train of logic applies to gun ownership - as soon as man gave up using sticks and stones to bash each other's brains in - the new tools (guns) - are just as much of "right" for you to own - as picking up a rock or a stick would have been 1000 years ago.

You don't need the effing 2nd amendment to figure this out. If you can't figure this out - then quite frankly you need to go back to the life and logic 101 course and get your head on straight.

Yes appeasement always works out well. Ask Neville Chamberlain. The anti's are not looking for compromise. **** them and anyone trying to appease them.

who said anything about appeasement? I was talking about actualy talking to someone who has diffing views instead of threatening them (as they see it). As a matter of fact, many anti's that I have run accross are only anti's because no one has ever TALKED to them and explained the truth about guns. Thanks to people like YOU they will remain anti's and have no reason to help defend the 2nd.

I already answered this. It was so that citizens could become the milita in times of emergancy. They knew that if no one was allowed to have any guns then it would take to long to train up a milita. Same reason why people where required to have longbows in england way back when (i wont even try to remember which king that was). The milita was called up dozens of times for all sorts of emergncies, everything from wars with england, indian raids, and even fires. It was never called up to fight what they viewed as there legal goverment.

Well then by golly I guess we should just get rid of the 2a since we have a standing army we don't have to rely on militias any longer

We agree, it was intended to broadly prohibit the government from infringing on the right to defend one's life liberty, family and community from any threat.

You are just stumbling on the bit where the government itself was specifically assumed amongst those threats because you have come up with some strange rationalization that they were able to lawfully form the United States while still under British rule.

Who said it was lawfull? it was a revelution. We made it legal after the fact, right along the lines of the winners writing the history.

where you are 'stumbling' is where you seem to think that the primary purpose of the 2nd has anything to do with armed resitance against the goverment. AS WRITEN its sole purpose is to assist in the creation of a milita in time of emergancy. At no point does it say anything about what said emergancy could be (or reason for milita to be called up).

The whole point of my oriongal post way back here before you and others started on personal attacks (and not even reading posts) was that running arround screaming about overthrowning the goverment does NOTHING to help support the 2nd and DOES hurt it. Same is true for talk of 'defending against' said goverment (which is really the same thing just a nicer way of saying it), or 'watering the tree of liberty' which is just a way of saying it useing someone elses words.

Well then by golly I guess we should just get rid of the 2a since we have a standing army we don't have to rely on militias any longer
Gets to the heart of your failed analysis there Cantwell...

If you can't accept that the state itself is one of the anticipated potential threats to the people that justifies the inviolate right to keep and bear arms, then the "militia problem" is fully solved in their minds with our standing Army/National guard.

They have literally argued since 1976 in MA that 2A was "the right of the militia" not an individual right.

You keep talking about how "people like [ME]" are the problem, but it is your acceptance of this broken interpretation of history, the Constitution and fundamental rights that drives the "anti" conclusion that we have evolved past the need for individuals to be armed.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this still going?
No, I am done. He can go apologize to the anti's for our wrong-thinking. It is clear that we aren't going to unwind his circular logic for him and he is free to believe as he sees fit.

I tried to read and understand your posts. I was able to get past the horrible spelling and grammar. I overlooked your inane misinterpretation of the 2nd amendment. I even gave you a pass on your misunderstanding of the major events in our our revolution. With all of that said, I just can't abide your willful ignorance of the facts after those facts have been revealed to you. You are either a moron or a troll, either way I have no more time for you so good night.

I will grant you the spelling and grammer.... Its a product of a jersy bublic edubication, a bad keyboard, and not really careing to go back and recheck on a fast responce on the internet. its not like the net is a bastion of spelling.

At least you can admit that you have not read my posts and are only throwing insults and personal attacks based on what you think I was saying. You have NOT shown facts. You have posted how you interp certin claims and how you think that affects other things. The only FACT is what the 2nd ACTAULY SAYS. No letter to the editor or anything else can change that. Go back to makeing tin foil hats and digging spider holes in your back yard. If you talk to people in real life like you do on here, you are only hurting the 2nd and encurageing anti's to enact more laws... Cadillac Deval thanks you for makeing his job easyer...

That is just the kind of things anti's think when you go off on needing guns to defend against the goverment... let the military do it for you. Going by my interp we need the military grade weaponry so that we can have the ability to join said military. As far as I am concerned the military is nothing more then a permanent milita. So everything that I have said is still relevent.

I am sure you are going to go off on how you need to fight off the military because they are all 'in on it' with the goverment and completly ignore the fact that the same people who are in the military now would have been in the milita then.

Gets to the heart of your failed analysis there Cantwell...

If you can't accept that the state itself is one of the anticipated potential threats to the people that justifies the inviolate right to keep and bear arms, then the "militia problem" is fully solved in their minds with our standing Army/National guard.

They have literally argued since 1976 in MA that 2A was "the right of the militia" not an individual right.

You keep talking about how "people like [ME]" are the problem, but it is your acceptance of this broken interpretation of history, the Constitution and fundamental rights that drives the "anti" conclusion that we have evolved past the need for individuals to be armed.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I am done. He can go apologize to the anti's for our wrong-thinking. It is clear that we aren't going to unwind his circular logic for him and he is free to believe as he sees fit.

That is the whole point. By you guys claiming that the 2nd is all about BEING IN a milita you give the anti's room to make claims about not needing a milita anymore. Going by what I said, the 2nd is all about the TRAINING FOR said milita which translates to training for the military.

Like I have said, you have AGAIN complety ignored what I have said about the 2nd and what it says. what makes you think that a 'milita' would fight the 'state' but the military would not? You do realise that is basicaly the same people right? Or do you really think that military as a whole would accept being told to violate basic rights of american citizens? I guess you dont know anyone who has ever served or you think that they all want take away your rights

I will grant you the spelling and grammer.... Its a product of a jersy bublic edubication, a bad keyboard, and not really careing to go back and recheck on a fast responce on the internet. its not like the net is a bastion of spelling.

At least you can admit that you have not read my posts and are only throwing insults and personal attacks based on what you think I was saying. You have NOT shown facts. You have posted how you interp certin claims and how you think that affects other things. The only FACT is what the 2nd ACTAULY SAYS. No letter to the editor or anything else can change that. Go back to makeing tin foil hats and digging spider holes in your back yard. If you talk to people in real life like you do on here, you are only hurting the 2nd and encurageing anti's to enact more laws... Cadillac Deval thanks you for makeing his job easyer...

I haven't posted any facts? Really? GFYS.

anymore childish insults? It does so much to help further the debate.... oh thats right, you dont want to talk, you want to scream your view and threaten to 'water the tree of liberty' with anyone who doesnt agree with you 100%... Gee, and I people wonder why anti's have such a twisted view of the avearge gun owner...

FYI, I just did a read back to figure out when exactly you jumped into this, your first responce to me was
""Shall not be infringed" doesn't need a whole lot of interpretation.

Rosenthal is laughing his balls off as he reads this thread."

Funny considering in NONE of my posts did I EVER suggest 'infringing' on the 2nd.

anymore childish insults? It does so much to help further the debate.... oh thats right, you dont want to talk, you want to scream your view and threaten to 'water the tree of liberty' with anyone who doesnt agree with you 100%... Gee, and I people wonder why anti's have such a twisted view of the avearge gun owner...

FYI, I just did a read back to figure out when exactly you jumped into this, your first responce to me was
""Shall not be infringed" doesn't need a whole lot of interpretation.

Rosenthal is laughing his balls off as he reads this thread."

Funny considering in NONE of my posts did I EVER suggest 'infringing' on the 2nd.

Hold on, I need to go water my toilet of cantendwell logical thought.

Rosenthal,... again...

AWB-billbord-October-19_2012.jpg

I was going to post about it earlier... but it's such a predictable/commonplace occurrence, I didn't see the need to bother.

Despite his suckage, I kind of like this one from years ago...

SHV_billboard.jpg
just curious where you found these pics? as someone pointed out on another forum those pics are photoshops.

Why can't Rosenthal just hurry up and get rabies? Love to see that asshat get a mean case of the rabies, all foaming and chasing the elderly down marlboro street.

Why can't Rosenthal just hurry up and get rabies? Love to see that asshat get a mean case of the rabies, all foaming and chasing the elderly down marlboro street.

unfortunately he probably has someone lined up to take his place.

just curious where you found these pics? as someone pointed out on another forum those pics are photoshops.

Probably from their website. They are renderings, but I drive by there at least twice a week and can confirm that they are accurate representations.

Yep. I love that billboard with the bloody hand though, aside from the ANTI agenda. It would make a sick poster for a show.

Probably from their website. They are renderings, but I drive by there at least twice a week and can confirm that they are accurate representations.

ya figured that the same spot that had the one about gun shows for a while right?

ya figured that the same spot that had the one about gun shows for a while right?

Yeah, they've been there for years. They switch them up once a year or so.

Last edited:
OK, I've held off so far. Having an alternative to this has already been offered and proposed, hashed over and disregarded. This was when the GOAL Foundation and GOAL were under their old organization. Maybe now it is time to review this again.

RKBA! billboard?

.... I need an assault weapon because I might need to shoot a lot of bullets in rapid succession. I want an AR15 because it is the civilian legal version of a modern military weapon.

I don't think I need to have a 2nd Amendment , because it isn't aimed at me - it's a note to the government to leave me alone , not grant me permission - but the 9th and 10th Amendment tell me they aren't allowed to regulate my Natural Right to protect my life & liberty.

And if any anti-gunner wants to explain to me that the hoplophobic fear of the masses trumps the freedoms of the individual I will ignore them.

Last edited:
at least the new one doesnt look like an advertisement for a gun store.

several people I know have asked me if I had been to the "new gunstore in Boston" because they drove by the sign, were unable to read it because they are on the highway and thought it was a sign for a new gun store in the area.

at least the new one doesnt look like an advertisement for a gun store.

several people I know have asked me if I had been to the "new gunstore in Boston" because they drove by the sign, were unable to read it because they are on the highway and thought it was a sign for a new gun store in the area.
See, this is why I don't think they are effective...

Our message requires people to think and the target audience has their head up their hind-end.

Yeah I'm pretty sure if everyone here pitched in, we could get a pro2a billboard up for at least a bit.

second-amendment-foundation-guns-save-lives-truck.jpg

That would look lovely somewhere on 93, rt 1, 95, 495, rt 3, etc etc

Maybe there are some sympathetic billboard owners? Or maybe not, but maybe they will rent to us?

Just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom