OK...Mossberg 500 JIC...Lesson learned.

Shooting one is extremely painful to the hand. Particularly between thumb and finger. [crying] I was told this might be the case when I inquired about my JIC in the survival forum awhile back. So I'm now looking at folding stocks and I'm leaning towards this one, Mossberg 500 Protector from Butler Creek http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=24828. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with this stock, or any suggestions on some others. TIA

i mentioned that in someone else's thread--

i hate our JIC for that one reason.

we have 5 other mossberg 500's so we leave the pistol grip on it....plus a brand new 500 is cheap

Have you notice any effect on accuracy with the Knoxx stock?

Absolutely ................

After a dozen or so rounds of heavy slugs or buckshot, I'm not flinching so bad from anticipated recoil that I'm still able to keep hitting what I am aiming at. [smile]

Absolutely ................

After a dozen or so rounds of heavy slugs or buckshot, I'm not flinching so bad from anticipated recoil that I'm still able to keep hitting what I am aiming at. [smile]

Exactly. I did 16 fast shots (8, reload, 8) of max load slugs and loved it. Try that with a wooden stock!

I use a Choate side folders on my 500, love it.

Wouldn't mind trying one of those Knoxx eventually if I get another 500. I can't imagine owning 3 of them though. I'm thinking 870 next.

Back
Top Bottom