Is there any usable night sight for an AR in under $500?

paul73

NES Member
Which would not be a complete and utter garbage? I just want to setup one of ARs for night work.
So far al i read of modern digital models does not give much of an assurance, from the reviews - glitches, image that gets stuck and needs a long reboot, zero that gets lost, etc.
have anyone here had any factual experience with those new modern units - anything good to speak of, at all?
Like - what about this one? it is odd to see it has 983 mostly positive ratings but all recent reviews mostly tell it is a complete piece of crap.
1645916486342.png
Amazon product ASIN B07MW21G53View: https://www.amazon.com/Sightmark-Wraith-4-32x50-Digital-Riflescope/dp/B07MW21G53

Not for under 500.00, more likely 1K+ and up. Are you looking for magnification or just an NVD set atop your rifle w/a RDS?

Not for under 500.00, more likely 1K+ and up. Are you looking for magnification or just an NVD set atop your rifle w/a RDS?
the idea is to be able to hit a coyote or a similar size object - not a squirrel - at a 50-100yds or so, at night.
$1k is a bit too much, I was wondering for something cheaper and simpler. ideally as a side scope, to put there instead of the pinty - dunno. it is just an idea.

That thing’s huge. Looks like an old StarLight scope.

Sightmark Wraith:
2820AC24-F3E3-4D40-B8BA-4851B7EAD717.jpeg

^^ 17” long, 2lbs, needs two 3V batts and two Lithium AA’s

Starlight Scope Vietnam Era:
B3815E2D-8944-4137-9F2F-C69D1DA8992D.jpeg

I’d have to guess the image clarity/fuzz (gain) plus magnification plus any stability issues over 4x on that is going to be junk. If you’re looking for a humane shot and not a more drawn out tracking experience.

NOD’s are something that when you go short money you can really tell the diff right away. There’s a lot of garbage out there these days still selling for hundreds of dollars.

I’d have to guess the image clarity/fuzz (gain) plus magnification plus any stability issues over 4x on that is going to be junk. If you’re looking for a humane shot and not a more drawn out tracking experience.

NOD’s are something that when you go short money you can really tell the diff right away. There’s a lot of garbage out there these days still selling for hundreds of dollars.
i never paid much attention to that market, so was just curious if anything at all was built using modern infralight sensors like FLIR or similar. well, if not - then not, pity.

i never paid much attention to that market, so was just curious if anything at all was built using modern infralight sensors like FLIR or similar. well, if not - then not, pity.
Understood. Give it some time, there’s a lot of smart people around here that will probably be able to point you in the right direction on just about anything.

Back
Top Bottom