• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mossberg OpSol Minishotshell adapter

alan226

NES Member
I just purchased a Mossberg 590a1 20". I saw online that you can purchase an OpSol adapter that allows you to cycle and shoot minishells in a bunch of different Mossberg pump shotguns. I ordered one for short money. Every review I see is 100%

Anyone use one and what do you think of it?

I just purchased a Mossberg 590a1 20". I saw online that you can purchase an OpSol adapter that allows you to cycle and shoot minishells in a bunch of different Mossberg pump shotguns. I ordered one for short money. Every review I see is 100%
I've got one, it does work, but now I am tempted to obtain a new 590s, with the modified elevator, modified bolt slide, and added bumper.

I've got one, it does work, but now I am tempted to obtain a new 590s, with the modified elevator, modified bolt slide, and added bumper.

I almost bought the 590s, but for just about the same money I liked the heavy duty 590a1

What's the point of the mini shells?

Seriously. I have a couple boxes of them that I bought years ago, sitting in the back of my safe. Bought them because they looked interesting and the shop was going out of business - I picked up some things I wouldn't have ordinarily gotten.

Every so often, I look at them, and wonder just wtf I'm going to do with them.

I almost bought the 590s, but for just about the same money I liked the heavy duty 590a1
I know the 14" shockwave 590S carries the heavy barrel, not sure about the other models.
IIRC, they first became popular in Argentina for high-cap dove hunts.

If you're going to run low-recoil buckshot, you give up very little (e.g. 00 with 8 pellets instead of 9) in exchange for fitting more shells in the mag tube.

Seriously. I have a couple boxes of them that I bought years ago, sitting in the back of my safe. Bought them because they looked interesting and the shop was going out of business - I picked up some things I wouldn't have ordinarily gotten.

Every so often, I look at them, and wonder just wtf I'm going to do with them.
I like the fact that in my 20" shotgun it holds 13+1 shells

Back
Top Bottom