Folding Adapter for AR

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
I'm fairly certain I know the answer to this already as far as the state is concerned, but want to explore this as a thought experiment.

Are those new-ish folding adapters for AR's that allow one to fold an AR at the buffer tube/stock considered "folding stocks" as far as MA is concerned? I'm thinking the answer will end up being "yes", but at the same time is does change the dynamic of how the gun works. You'd be able to still fire the chambered round after folding it, but wouldn't it stop cycling after that first shot, thus making it no longer semi auto in the folded configuration? It would be a manual bolt action by that point, and a manually operated bolt guns no longer has to abide by the "evil features" limitation.

I believe you have the one in the chamber and that's it. In order to cycle the bolt the stock with the buffer tube and spring need to be locked back in to cycle the bolt.

I'm fairly certain I know the answer to this already as far as the state is concerned, but want to explore this as a thought experiment.

Are those new-ish folding adapters for AR's that allow one to fold an AR at the buffer tube/stock considered "folding stocks" as far as MA is concerned? I'm thinking the answer will end up being "yes", but at the same time is does change the dynamic of how the gun works. You'd be able to still fire the chambered round after folding it, but wouldn't it stop cycling after that first shot, thus making it no longer semi auto in the folded configuration? It would be a manual bolt action by that point, and a manually operated bolt guns no longer has to abide by the "evil features" limitation.
I like the thought experiment. It is not semi auto when folded, but is semi auto when not folded. But it is still a "folding" something when not folded and a semi-auto. So is it a folding "stock" or something else?

I am certain I would not want to be the test case for that one.

I like the thought experiment. It is not semi auto when folded, but is semi auto when not folded. But it is still a "folding" something when not folded and a semi-auto. So is it a folding "stock" or something else?

I am certain I would not want to be the test case for that one.
Oh, I'm sure in MA one would get F'd over for it. But in a very pedantic sense, the logic makes it seem like it should technically be fine if using the exact language in the most literal sense. I think a $1,200/hr defense attorney could do something with it, but I'm not going to find out.

Back
Top Bottom