Cry havoc tactical takedown at adapter.

So I just found out about this adapter that will make my AR into a quick-release Barrel configuration. However I have the original Smith & Wesson sport AR which has the plastic two piece front hand grip and the standard AR front post sight. I have been told I need a free float handguard with a gas block to replace my hand guard and the gas block to replace myfrontsight which acts as the gas block and currently. I will also need a front flip up sight that will be the right height to co witness with my current Stock rear sight. Any recommendations on a good lightweight front free float handguard for the stock 16 inch barrel. Also I would like a gas block that fits underneath the handguard as well.

Your simply better of building a new upper with this in mind vs working backwards with your current configuration.

Last edited by a moderator:
EZ takedown pins work for me:

YHM-7284-3.jpg
images

All my ARs have them. You pop the two pins and voila! Quick upper remover. It's a little longer than just the barrel assembly, but also a whole lot cheaper.

EZ takedown pins work for me:

YHM-7284-3.jpg
images

All my ARs have them. You pop the two pins and voila! Quick upper remover. It's a little longer than just the barrel assembly, but also a whole lot cheaper.
I don't get the fascination with gaining 8 inches, plus your optics never really change.

Back
Top Bottom