Official 1911 Pic Thread...

S&W 1911 E-Series bobtail.
Tungsten grey frame.
Graphite black slide.
VZ Operator slim grips.

B3227EC2-83B4-4620-BB86-9D0CE5E9E326-4595-0000071DABD1C76C_zps5291f772.jpg

2E5C85EE-D444-45CE-BFE1-6B5098FF27E3-4595-0000071DB163F8A5_zps1c1225fe.jpg
Love it. I just picked one up a couple weeks ago and it has quickly become my favorite. The round butt just feels the best in my hand. I did some IDPA practice for the first time the other day and all my shots were on target and my time was good. I may have to pick up a pair of VZ's after seeing yours. I don't have any experience with Cerakote. How does the finish hold up with regards to carrying. I carry mine in a supertuck.

Love it. I just picked one up a couple weeks ago and it has quickly become my favorite. The round butt just feels the best in my hand. I did some IDPA practice for the first time the other day and all my shots were on target and my time was good. I may have to pick up a pair of VZ's after seeing yours. I don't have any experience with Cerakote. How does the finish hold up with regards to carrying. I carry mine in a supertuck.

Cerakote is a very durable finish. I carry in a comp Tac. You will always get some sort of holster wear on the high spots, but that's what adds character [smile]

Bring some 556/223 and we will shoot up some long distance steel.

Plenty of 45acp and 9mm, so we can use all those nice 1911'$ you have. :)

You obviously have me mistaken for a nice person who is willing to give you ammo....I am willing to give you some ammo in exchange for $$$$. [smile] and all of those nice 1911's are only happy if I am the one fondling and shooting them [grin]

Yes, that was my CQB Elite. Beautiful piece but the front site is too tall. Dropped that off along with the Ed Brown that will get new sites as well. Thought about having Dave fit the Wilson with a 38 super barrel but there is no brass , bullets or dies to be found anywhere right now.

I have been wanting one of these for some time :) Finally happened. Did you know stainless rusts :( After 6 hours of tapeing , glass beading and hand rubbing she's done.......except for maybe a grip change.

Baer-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Stainless does rust but it'll take a lot longer unless it's in a high humidity area or near an ocean of something haha. That's a beauty for sure. That's a 1911 that gets passed down in the family.

I have been wanting one of these for some time :) Finally happened. Did you know stainless rusts :( After 6 hours of tapeing , glass beading and hand rubbing she's done.......except for maybe a grip change.

Baer-vi.jpg
F****in "A"!!!!!!! Sweeeeeet!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom