Obtaining a LTC-A in Revere, MA...any issues?

Trying to get my friend to get his LTC-A in Revere, MA...anybody have any experience or stories about obtaining theirs in Revere?

I was speaking to the guy who taught my gun safety course last week and he mentioned Revere as an example of a town where it's impossible to get an LTC-A...
He knows what he is talking about, so, I feel bad for your friend, but good luck.

I was speaking to the guy who taught my gun safety course last week and he mentioned Revere as an example of a town where it's impossible to get an LTC-A...
He knows what he is talking about, so, I feel bad for your friend, but good luck.

there are only a handful of towns where it could be considered near "impossible" to get an LTC-A, and Revere isnt one of them. Canton, Peabody, Rowley come to mind. And even then, that is usually for the first time out the gate (not that is an excuse, but blows the doors of your post way open).

Remember, an LTC-A doesnt automatically mean you can CCW, so me may have menat it is tough to get "restrictions:none" on a Revere LTC-A, but even that I dont buy 100%.

So nobody in Revere has an LTC A? [rofl]

almost no one. first time issuance is ALWAYS a restricted license. if you bitch and whine enough, the licensing officer MIGHT lift restrictions after one year (for another $100 of course). (i'll update if that goes through for someone i know)

if you're related to someone higher up on R.P.D., you might get it...but for a first time applicant, i wouldnt count on it.

It depends who you know. Yeah Revere is like that. My Grandfather has had a ccw in Revere probably since the ccw was invented. He also owned a gas station there for thirty plus years. Keep asking around in a nice way and you are bound to find someone who knows someone who just may know someone.

almost no one. first time issuance is ALWAYS a restricted license. if you bitch and whine enough, the licensing officer MIGHT lift restrictions after one year (for another $100 of course). (i'll update if that goes through for someone i know)

if you're related to someone higher up on R.P.D., you might get it...but for a first time applicant, i wouldnt count on it.

you are missing one key thing: LTCA doesnt automatically mean CCW. SO, if there are restrictions on the licenses in revere, then yes people are getting LTC-A, they just cant carry concealed. TWo different things.

Jasper, you are absolutely correct, first time restricted, renewal restriction lifted. A few towns in that general area all operate basically the same.

Jasper, you are absolutely correct, first time restricted, upon renewal, restriction lifted. A few towns in that general area all operate basically the same. I also know like yourself, a restricted license isn't for CCW.

With all due respect; It makes me nuts when I see people citing this as a fact. There are plenty of unrestricted licenses out there and I promise you there are plenty that were issued on the first go around.
For lack of a better analogy I'll compare it to the price of a car. They'll tell you that they don't discount but we all know they do. Now some people get better deals than others because they do their homework and figure out what they need to do. And there are some people who pay the sticker price because the believe the line!!!
As I've said many times before on this forum. It's a negotiation. They say "We won't give you unrestricted first time" You say, "that doesn't work for me" They say " That's all we give out" You say "I have several reasons that I need an unrestricted license." They say "like what?" Now you have your chance to shine!!!
There was a similar post and someone said that the Licensing officer told them "we only give out target and hunting with the first license. That ok with you?" The poster stated that they were afraid to disagree. Come on. He was laying it out there.

With all due respect; It makes me nuts when I see people citing this as a fact. There are plenty of unrestricted licenses out there and I promise you there are plenty that were issued on the first go around.

Basically, this conversion is aimed at the ordinary Joe, lawyers, doctors, people who own businesses etc., or people that have connections, will probably be granted a LTC A restrictions none on the first application. As we all know, each Chief of each town does as he pleases, which of course is unfortunate for the person applying. Off course one may decide to lawyer up, no guarantee on the results. I am very familiar with this particular area "Revere" and many who have applied whom have done extensive research have been restricted. It stinks but that is the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom