Obtaining A Gun LTC With A Juvie Record A&B Charge Against The Police ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all I never was convicted for the A&B on a cop. I took a CWOF once I completed probation the charges were dropped against me. It would be one thing if I was convicted therefore I was not convicted.

Doesn't matter. The chief of police has almost total discretion in the issuing of an LTC. He can issue you an LTC if he wants to. He can deny you an LTC if he wants to. And there is very little you can do about it.

If you decide to go forward with an application for an LTC, you should contact a competent firearms attorney to maximize your chances of success. Realize, however, that even with the help of someone like Darius Arbabi, your chances of success are slim.

Given your attitude about the issue -- it didn't happen, the cops lied, etc. --, I'd say you have zero chance of success. If you accepted responsibility for what happened and were contrite about it, you might be able to demonstrate to the licensing officer that you have grown up and turned your life around. If you tell the licensing officer that the cops lied, you won't get an LTC.

Donofalldons, let me try to put this simply:

GET A LAWYER!!

Until you do, everything else you do in your quest for an LTC is just so much mental masturbation. It may make you feel good, but it's causing a mess in this thread and it really doesn't do anything useful.

Well my lawyer is my uncle. And he represented me when I was 15. He told me my record was expunged. However its in the police databases in every state. I went outta town 3 years ago and was pulled over and they called 5 police cruisers and the K9 department in Chicago. They questioned the A&B charge when I was 15 as well. One officer said "I want to see you beat me down as well". Its crazy I never knew my juvie record would be looked upon so harshly like Im some type of criminal. I dont have a adult record. But its almost like people treat the juvie record like an adult record. I was a juvie not an adult. I really want my LTC and I am going to work hard to get it. I live in Quincy and I have to go to the PD to fill out the application. Also I called an gun attorney and they said it will be a $4000 fee up front. Is their anyway I can do this without a gun attorney ? My uncle that helped me when I was 15 is not a gun attorney but he said I can do it without one bc I never was convicted I had a cwof and charges were dismissed so I was never even convicted of any wrong doings.

Well my lawyer is my uncle. And he represented me when I was 15. He told me my record was expunged. However its in the police databases in every state. I went outta town 3 years ago and was pulled over and they called 5 police cruisers and the K9 department in Chicago. They questioned the A&B charge when I was 15 as well. One officer said "I want to see you beat me down as well". Its crazy I never knew my juvie record would be looked upon so harshly like Im some type of criminal. I dont have a adult record. But its almost like people treat the juvie record like an adult record. I was a juvie not an adult. I really want my LTC and I am going to work hard to get it. I live in Quincy and I have to go to the PD to fill out the application. Also I called an gun attorney and they said it will be a $4000 fee up front. Is their anyway I can do this without a gun attorney ? My uncle that helped me when I was 15 is not a gun attorney but he said I can do it without one bc I never was convicted I had a cwof and charges were dismissed so I was never even convicted of any wrong doings.

We wish you luck, but most likely, NO.

I'd be curious to know who wants $4K up front without even an initial consult.

Have you contacted one of the attorneys in the thread that was referenced back on the first page? Either Darius Arbabi or Keith Langer would be my recommendation.

I'd be curious to know who wants $4K up front without even an initial consult.

Have you contacted one of the attorneys in the thread that was referenced back on the first page? Either Darius Arbabi or Keith Langer would be my recommendation.

and I'm PRETTY sure they'll both give you a free initial consultation before quoting you a price. (Sorry if I misquote you darius or keith).

Doesn't matter. The chief of police has almost total discretion in the issuing of an LTC. He can issue you an LTC if he wants to. He can deny you an LTC if he wants to. And there is very little you can do about it.

If you decide to go forward with an application for an LTC, you should contact a competent firearms attorney to maximize your chances of success. Realize, however, that even with the help of someone like Darius Arbabi, your chances of success are slim.

Given your attitude about the issue -- it didn't happen, the cops lied, etc. --, I'd say you have zero chance of success. If you accepted responsibility for what happened and were contrite about it, you might be able to demonstrate to the licensing officer that you have grown up and turned your life around. If you tell the licensing officer that the cops lied, you won't get an LTC.

Dude I never beat down a cop. I had alot of witnesses but the cops threatned them if they testified if it went to trial. So therefore a trial wasnt the right thing to do. I was on probation at the time of my arrest for A&B from a high school fight. And any person reviewing the application would say "How can a 15 year old kid beat down a police officer there isnt something right ". Police has weapons so I dont know how a 15 year old can beat down a cop when he has weapons nevertheless a gun. Come on. In the police report the cop said I beat him down to the ground and he feared me. The cop lied bc once I got to the PD they found out I was on probation and the cop said he wanted me in jail and he will make sure I will be in DYS. With the help of my attorney I was able to get a CWOF deal and concurrent probation which i completed when I was 16. But still I want an LTC regardless. Is their any other states in the US that will overlook my record in MA and give me an LTC ?

Dude I never beat down a cop. I had alot of witnesses but the cops threatned them if they testified if it went to trial. So therefore a trial wasnt the right thing to do. I was on probation at the time of my arrest for A&B from a high school fight. And any person reviewing the application would say "How can a 15 year old kid beat down a police officer there isnt something right ". Police has weapons so I dont know how a 15 year old can beat down a cop when he has weapons nevertheless a gun. Come on. In the police report the cop said I beat him down to the ground and he feared me. The cop lied bc once I got to the PD they found out I was on probation and the cop said he wanted me in jail and he will make sure I will be in DYS. With the help of my attorney I was able to get a CWOF deal and concurrent probation which i completed when I was 16. But still I want an LTC regardless. Is their any other states in the US that will overlook my record in MA and give me an LTC ?

hahaha
yes there are states that wouldn't care. But you'd have to move to that state permanently.

Does this thread smell of Bullshit to anyone else btw?

Well my lawyer is my uncle. And he represented me when I was 15.
Bad idea unless your uncle is Darius Arbabi, Jesse Cohen, or Keith Langer. You need an attorney who specializes in MA firearms laws. A general practitioner isn't going to cut it.

He told me my record was expunged.
This should give you a clue as to just how good of a criminal attorney your uncle is. Answer: not very.

However its in the police databases in every state. I went outta town 3 years ago and was pulled over and they called 5 police cruisers and the K9 department in Chicago.
Start obeying traffic laws and you won't get pulled over.

Its crazy I never knew my juvie record would be looked upon so harshly like Im some type of criminal. I dont have a adult record. But its almost like people treat the juvie record like an adult record. I was a juvie not an adult.
You seem to have a blind spot here. A crime is a crime, regardless of how old you were when you committed it. You were responsible for your actions when you were 15. You are still responsible for those actions now that you are 22. You don't get a do-over in life. Until you begin to understand this, I have to say that you are simply not mature enough for an LTC, IMHO.

I really want my LTC and I am going to work hard to get it.
I really want to be a billionaire and bed Gisele Bundchen. Your chances of getting an LTC might be better than my chances of becoming a billionaire and taking Tom Brady's place. Or maybe not.

I live in Quincy and I have to go to the PD to fill out the application. Also I called an gun attorney and they said it will be a $4000 fee up front. Is their anyway I can do this without a gun attorney ? My uncle that helped me when I was 15 is not a gun attorney but he said I can do it without one bc I never was convicted I had a cwof and charges were dismissed so I was never even convicted of any wrong doings.
Your uncle also told you that your record would be expunged. You know now that he was incorrect. You fully admit that your uncle is not a firearms attorney. And yet you still want to follow his advice. If I was channeling my inner Scrivener, I'd say TSTL.

I don't know what the $4000 quote was for. That sounds rather high. I'm curious who the attorney is and just what he was going to do for that $4000.

Dude I never beat down a cop.

Dude, who do you think the licensing officer is going to believe? A snotty kid who won't accept responsibility for his actions? A snotty kid who took a CWOF (effectively saying that he did the crime) and is now saying the cop lied? Or is he going to believe the police report and CORI? Grow up.

why is this thread still going??

members here have given you the only advice you need.

you don't seem to be listening.

get a lawyer-- first and foremost.

until you follow that advice, you are not going to get anywhere--kinda like this thread...

i can tell you, too, that cops are not going to want to give an LTC to someone who decides to make excuses and not take responsibility for their own actions. there was SOMETHING you were doing to be in that situation to begin with.... i have a feeling that you have left out MUCH of the story.

Dude, who do you think the licensing officer is going to believe? A snotty kid who won't accept responsibility for his actions? A snotty kid who took a CWOF (effectively saying that he did the crime) and is now saying the cop lied? Or is he going to believe the police report and CORI? Grow up.

I wish I could give you more rep points. It says I have given you too many.

But I thought that your juvie record doesnt matter only your adult record matters more ? So you mean to tell me their is no way to get my juvie record expunged so it wont appear in the police databases ? I hate gettin stopped by the cops and they call the K9 unit bc an A&B charge against a cop appears in their database. I did not beat a cop down the cop lied bc he wanted charges to stick to me so I can get locked in DYS.

WHAT DON"T YOU UNDERSTAND !!!! WHY ARE YOU NOT LISTENING TO WHAT PEOPLE, COMPETENT PEOPLE ARE TELLING YOU.

Yes, juvenile court records are sealed, but your police records are not and besides whether sealed or not, juvenile records are applicable to firearms licensure and they still appear on your BOP. (rap sheet) You have a record my friend and CWOF is frequently viewed as a just a rich man's guilty verdict. It means that you admitted that there were sufficient facts to bring about a probable conviction to the charge. You were already on probation for A&B when you were arrested for the A&B on a police officer. You keep repeating the same thing over and over. What don't you get?

Mark056

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude the cop that arrested me was fired and had a list of complaints against him. So that says alot that the cop was involved in wrong doings himself.

Dude the cop that arrested me was fired and had a list of complaints against him. So that says alot that the cop was involved in wrong doings himself.
it does not matter-- GET A LAWYER

and definitely stop making excuses.

take the advice that was given -- get a lawyer and try to get your LTC... until you take the first step, i personally don't give a shit

Have you seen and read your BOP recently, if you have not might I suggest you get a copy of it from your local PD and while you are there get a history of your driving record.

If you are serious then you should have these things when contacting a lawyer so everyone is on the same page.

It doesn't say that you didn't commit the crimes on your record.

Son, grow up. Consult Darius Arbabi, Jesse Cohen, or Keith Langer. In the meantime, listen to this song: http://www.last.fm/music/The+Rolling+Stones/_/You+Can't+Always+Get+What+You+Want

None of us here can undo what you did when you were 15. None of us can convince the licensing officer that you didn't do what is on your record.

why is this thread still going??

members here have given you the only advice you need.

you don't seem to be listening.

get a lawyer-- first and foremost.

until you follow that advice, you are not going to get anywhere--kinda like this thread...

i can tell you, too, that cops are not going to want to give an LTC to someone who decides to make excuses and not take responsibility for their own actions. there was SOMETHING you were doing to be in that situation to begin with.... i have a feeling that you have left out MUCH of the story.

So your telling me to admit to something I didnt do ? The police officer lied on me. I was 15 years old man. Of course a police is going to take advantage of a teen especially if he was racist. You know how many crooked cops their are ? Plenty. Yall act like the police does everything right by the law. Yall are wrong. Im not admitting to anything I didnt do. It would be different if it did happened like the cop said it did but I didnt beat a cop down. Im going to Northeastern School of Law now and the first thing they teach you is that when a cop arrest you and dont really have any evidence against you they will charge A&B against a cop and Resisting Arrest.

facepalm2ly3.jpg

So your (sp) telling me to admit to something I didnt do ? The police officer lied on me. I was 15 years old man. Of course a police is going to take advantage of a teen especially if he was racist. You know how many crooked cops their are ? Plenty. Yall (sic) act like the police does everything right by the law. Yall (sic) are wrong. Im (sp) not admitting to anything I didnt (sp) do. It would be different if it did happened like the cop said it did but I didnt (sp) beat a cop down. Im (sp) going to Northeastern School of Law now and the first thing they teach you is that when a cop arrest (sic) you and dont (sp) really have any evidence against you they will charge A&B against a cop and Resisting Arrest.

It's too bad that Scrivner isn't around..I cannot possibly see how you are in law school with the kind of grammar you are using in the above statement. How did you ever pass the LSAT? I tend to be somewhat tolerant of poor written usage until someone starts flaunting his or her education. You must be able to write effectively to be a good attorney, and frankly your written communication skills leave much to be desired. Are you passing your classes ?

What you are missing and I mean MISSING: is the reality of your situation. What is, is, and no amount of wishing or hoping is going to change it. Now grow up, accept the fact that what is, is, and proceed past GO on the Monopoly Board of life.

I am beginning to wonder if you have anger management issues.

Mark056

Last edited:
Im going to contact another gun attorney today and setup a consultation. The last attorney I spoke with he wanted $4000 upfront which is expensive. Maybe I can get it done for half the price with another attorney. I really want an LTC bc I feel its my right to own one. It would be different if I was a convict or something but Im not. Also I have a clean driving record no speeding tickets or moving violations period. I just happen to be a target for police bc my rims are too flashy and they think I might be a gangbanger or something. Thats not the case at all. Nevertheless Im a FT law student at NEU.

So your telling me to admit to something I didnt do ? The police officer lied on me. I was 15 years old man. Of course a police is going to take advantage of a teen especially if he was racist. You know how many crooked cops their are ? Plenty. Yall act like the police does everything right by the law. Yall are wrong. Im not admitting to anything I didnt do. It would be different if it did happened like the cop said it did but I didnt beat a cop down. Im going to Northeastern School of Law now and the first thing they teach you is that when a cop arrest you and dont really have any evidence against you they will charge A&B against a cop and Resisting Arrest.

They sure as hell don't teach proper English at that fine institution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom