Obtaining A Gun LTC With A Juvie Record A&B Charge Against The Police ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of denials...

IIRC last year there was some guy in his 70's who had his LTC declined by the new CLEO in town because he had stolen a chicken when he was nine. [rolleyes]

I don't know. I really don't mean to be judgmental, but 15 years old is not the same as being 6.

I was getting my Eagle Scout medal when I was 15.

I can't imagine even being in a position of being falsely accused of something like that, much less actually doing it.

You are the same age as my son and I had to have the same conversation with him three years ago when he plea bargained to a third degree felony for receiving stolen goods. He made a life-changing decision when that guy sold him a laptop he "found" on the sidewalk.

It isn't a decision which destroyed his life, just changed it.

He's finishing business school and he will be fine. He just won't be able to do a few things including owning a firearm. He learned a hard lesson as I hope you have.

But, as others have said here, you need to be thinking about a different hobby.

Good luck in any event.

That's the way it is.

I don't know. I really don't mean to be judgmental, but 15 years old is not the same as being 6.

I was getting my Eagle Scout medal when I was 15.

I can't imagine even being in a position of being falsely accused of something like that, much less actually doing it.

You are the same age as my son and I had to have the same conversation with him three years ago when he plea bargained to a third degree felony for receiving stolen goods. He made a life-changing decision when that guy sold him a laptop he "found" on the sidewalk.

It isn't a decision which destroyed his life, just changed it.

He's finishing business school and he will be fine. He just won't be able to do a few things including owning a firearm. He learned a hard lesson as I hope you have.

But, as others have said here, you need to be thinking about a different hobby.

Good luck in any event.

That's the way it is.

+1

15 is old enough to know better. Sometimes people need to learn that their actions have consequences. This looks like one of those times.

you're screwed.
[laugh2]

Yea my bro has a posession of Marijuana on his juvie record and he can't get his LTC so ABPO is definite hell no. Even if you were 15, your juvie record never goes away no matter what they tell you. It's worth a try but don't hold your breath.

Without that on your record, a restricted LTC would be tedious but straightforward. With that on your record? Not a chance.

[laugh2]

Yea my bro has a posession of Marijuana on his juvie record and he can't get his LTC so ABPO is definite hell no. Even if you were 15, your juvie record never goes away no matter what they tell you. It's worth a try but don't hold your breath.

I wonder if he could get that taken off his record because of Question 2 passing... probably not. Just a thought.

I wonder if he could get that taken off his record because of Question 2 passing... probably not. Just a thought.

Not a chance. He committed a crime based on what the law was at the time of his indiscretion. Laws can be changed, but until they are the existing ones must be obeyed.

The best thing you can do is move out of Massachusetts if you want to own a firearm. This has been mentioned several times. You have to get over the fact that your juvenile record will follow you all over this state forever. Get over the idea that your records are sealed because despite what the judge tells you, your lawyer may tell you, they are not especially with regard to firearms licensure. If you were arrested and convicted of something at the age of six in Massachusetts and you applied for a LTC forty years later, it would still show up, that's the law here.

The only other thing you can do is try to apply for an FID or a LTC (remembering that FID's are "shall issue") but only in the context of first seeing a competent firearms attorney (there are several who post here) before applying.

That's the way it is, life's not fair, get over it, exercise your options and move on.

Mark056

Why not ? I was 15 at the time of arrest and charged as a juvie not an adult. I never A&B against a police. How can a 15 year old beat down a cop ? The cop wanted to get some charges to stick against me bc he wanted me to go to DYS.

Please read my sig line as well. Make sure you represent yourself as well here on the internet as you would like to when applying for a license.

As a side note: Like many others here, I think you will have a serious issue getting any license more then an FID. Get a lawyer. Drgrant gave you a link to some forum recommended lawyers. These guys all know their stuff.

I would get a copy of the the report, court docket, letters of referance, Maybe letters from teachers<-- not pertaining to firearms owenership but just letters of refrence.

Call Darius Arbabi and set down with him. That would be you best shot. IF you don't sit with a lawyer to fill out the app, then you stand no chance.

If you walk in there with baggy clothes and face tats, you stand no chance.

I disagree and think that you may have a shot, depending on what is on the report, and how your application and supporting documents are written. Start by getting all the information that you can about any A&B.

Good Luck

Why not ? I was 15 at the time of arrest and charged as a juvie not an adult. I never A&B against a police. How can a 15 year old beat down a cop ? The cop wanted to get some charges to stick against me bc he wanted me to go to DYS.

Why not? I'm not sure if you realize, but the is MA. MA is doing nearly everything they can to minimize the number of LTCs they give out. Any record, even if not a statutory disqualifier is going to give you a major uphill battle. The cheif of police can deny you based on your "suitability". Chances are, no CoP is going to think someone with an A&B on a cop is suitable.

You need a lawyer, period. And even then I think your chances are slim.

Yea my bro has a posession of Marijuana on his juvie record and he can't get his LTC so ABPO is definite hell no.
The possession charge (from before they made it a minor civil offense) is a statutory disqualifier; the CWOFed charge is not. The chief *could* legally issue the person with the CWOFed ABPO an LTC but the chances are very unlikely unless the person comes from a background of considerable privilige, power and influence - and even then it probably wouldn't happen.

First of all I never was convicted for the A&B on a cop. I took a CWOF once I completed probation the charges were dropped against me. It would be one thing if I was convicted therefore I was not convicted.

First of all I never was convicted for the A&B on a cop. I took a CWOF once I completed probation the charges were dropped against me. It would be one thing if I was convicted therefore I was not convicted.

99.9999% of chiefs/licensing officers will NOT see it that way.

99% of LEOs will also NOT see it that way.

Chiefs/licensing officers have TOTAL DISCRETION on issuing/denying LTCs per MGLs. This is one area that I'd be shocked if they didn't use that discretion to your DIS-advantage and I don't foresee any judge over-ruling them.

That's why your only thin chance is with a competent firearms attorney, and even then I wouldn't take a 25cent bet on your success.

Interesting thread. It seems to me that the right to bear arms is more of a privilege in this state rather than a constitutional right.

Also I never had a record since I was 15.

I know that you don't like the answer . . . but NONE of the people who issue LTCs will care that you've been good since that incident. That incident is all that they will concern themselves with and any LEO can make a cogent case as to why that would make you "unsuitable". . . end-game!

So you mean to tell me this one CWOF for A&B against a cop will disqaulify me from getting an LTC ? I was not convicted I was 15 at the time. Besides the officer was crooked and he was fired after an internal investigation 5 months later when I was charged. He had a history of wrong doings.

So you mean to tell me this one CWOF for A&B against a cop will disqaulify me from getting an LTC ? I was not convicted I was 15 at the time. Besides the officer was crooked and he was fired after an internal investigation 5 months later when I was charged. He had a history of wrong doings.

Have you called a lawyer yet?(let's count how many times I have to post this before he does ok kids?)

If I were you I would fill out the application as intelligibly as possible especially in regard to your previous arrests. Note your good behavior since that time as lessons learned. Under your request for license apply for an FID card. You might not have a chance with this either. I don't really know. But my instinct is you don't have a chance for LTC especially ALP. If you got an FID card you could at least be able to get into shooting and possibly build credit towards an LTC in the future.

Also I was told that my juvie record would be expunged once I completed probation which I did and will no longer show up in databases. However when I got stop by the police a month ago the cops harrassed me and called K9 Unit and they questioned me about the A&B on the cop when I was 15. One officer asked me what weapon I used to beat the cop down. I was fortunate not to get arrested that night bc it looked like they wanted to. What I dont understand why does my juvie record show up in their database and its been over 7 years ? I thought your juvie record doesnt matter only your adult record does ? This is what the judge and the attorney told me when i was 15.

Also I was told that my juvie record would be expunged once I completed probation which I did and will no longer show up in databases. However when I got stop by the police a month ago the cops harrassed me and called K9 Unit and they questioned me about the A&B on the cop when I was 15. One officer asked me what weapon I used to beat the cop down. I was fortunate not to get arrested that night bc it looked like they wanted to. What I dont understand why does my juvie record show up in their database and its been over 7 years ? I thought your juvie record doesnt matter only your adult record does ? This is what the judge and the attorney told me when i was 15.

Someone lied to you. MA does not do expungements, ever.

-Mike

well you need to speak to an attorney to find out. If that record was expunged the chief can't hold it against you. If it was incorrectly NOT expunged, well then thats fixable. (Do I hear an echo?)

But I thought that your juvie record doesnt matter only your adult record matters more ? So you mean to tell me their is no way to get my juvie record expunged so it wont appear in the police databases ? I hate gettin stopped by the cops and they call the K9 unit bc an A&B charge against a cop appears in their database. I did not beat a cop down the cop lied bc he wanted charges to stick to me so I can get locked in DYS.

But I thought that your juvie record doesnt matter only your adult record matters more ? So you mean to tell me their is no way to get my juvie record expunged so it wont appear in the police databases ? I hate gettin stopped by the cops and they call the K9 unit bc an A&B charge against a cop appears in their database. I did not beat a cop down the cop lied bc he wanted charges to stick to me so I can get locked in DYS.

I'm so moved by your profound expression of surprise. Welcome to MA, they'll screw you coming and going. Did you call a lawyer yet?

Interesting thread. It seems to me that the right to bear arms is more of a privilege in this state rather than a constitutional right.
DINGDINGDING! We have a winner.

I see you've only been a member since last month, so I won't give you the gratuitous abuse answer of "Where have YOU been for the last several years?". However, you are correct - it isn't a right here, it's a privilege.

Also I never had a record since I was 15.
So? Doesn't matter in MA.
Have you called a lawyer yet?(let's count how many times I have to post this before he does ok kids?)
I'm betting that it'll take at least six times.
Also I was told that my juvie record would be expunged once I completed probation which I did and will no longer show up in databases.
They lied. MA doesn't expunge records, they seal them. And even THAT means nothing when you apply for an LTC as the laws are written specifically so that they can look at the sealed records. Expunged records are physically removed and thrown out... which is what NJ does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom