Obama pushing gun control treaty hard

Yeah, He can make all the laws he wants but when it comes down to having to answer to other nations as to what I have in my collection, they can pound sand! This retard of a president can say what he wants but he WILL answer for it when the real Americans stand up for Liberty and the pursuit of happiness that some people have forgotten lately.

Some of you really should be ashamed of yourselves ! This is an open forum, and instead of trying to educate Smeed, you are really being kind of rude and unwelcoming. The inability of so many people to disagree without being disagreeable is absolutely staggering. I guess it is a sign of the times. We are definitely not the friendly forum we used to be, in my opinion.

+1

Originally Posted by mark056
Some of you really should be ashamed of yourselves ! This is an open forum, and instead of trying to educate Smeed, you are really being kind of rude and unwelcoming. The inability of so many people to disagree without being disagreeable is absolutely staggering. I guess it is a sign of the times. We are definitely not the friendly forum we used to be, in my opinion.

+1

I couldn't disagree more. I have only been a member here for a few months and maybe don't know how it "used to be", but I have found everyone to be extremely respectful and friendly. I don't think that the gentleman you are referring to was treated with disrespect in any way shape or form. That being said, if you are going to post on this forum, you better be able to back up what you what you say.

So what if hes pushing for gun control? The government has checks and balances for a reason. Speak to your state rep, or dont vote for him/her if they arent representing you properly.

Im not sure who you think "they" are but the majority of the people who voted for "the messiah" think hes the shit. They havent changed their opinions.

WOW

So what if hes pushing for gun control? The government has checks and balances for a reason. Speak to your state rep, or dont vote for him/her if they arent representing you properly.

This has nothing to do with checks and balances and EVERYTHING to do with violating the Constitution. The 2nd Amendment, giving up control to other nations, giving out citizens personal info to other citizens, etc.

To be blatently honest; if this treaty is signed and enforced, I predict there will be violent revolt and possibly, secessions.
Talk about playing with fire.

To be blatently honest; if this treaty is signed and enforced, I predict there will be violent revolt and possibly, secessions.

Yep. I live in the USA, not any other country. If I wanted to go by somebody elses laws, I wouldn't be living here. The 2nd amendment wasn't about having guns for hunting (hunting was as normal as breathing back then, if you didn't kill to eat, you were damn hungry). It was about keeping it's citizens armed to protect themselves against tyrants in government. Now whether the tyrants know they are tyrants, or are just stupid thinking they are doing the right thing and f^cking up the works while they're at it doesn't matter. It was written into the constitution with sound reason. We are a nation of pussies now unfortunately. "Everything is fine. The government wouldn't do things that were not good for americans. People with guns are scary." They'll be the ones wondering "What the hell do I do now?" when it's two late.

Ya really think so? Think again, there's just too many sheeple out there. Oh sure, there might be some folks out in Idaho or someplace who might put up some kind of armed resistance...but they will be in the minority and easily suppressed. Then too, a lot of people talk the talk but when it comes time to walk the walk, it is a different story. It might sound good to give up everything, head for the hills and fight some kind of irregular war against an oppressive government or UN Occupation Force, but in the end, most will knuckle under Big Brother. I know I am a cynic, but human nature being what it is and the way people are today, I don't see much happening.

Oh...you can hit the street, but when "they" gun you down, there won't be much of a hue and cry.

Mark056

<snip>Oh sure, there might be some folks out in Idaho or someplace who might put up some kind of armed resistance...but they will be in the minority and easily suppressed.
<snip>
Mark056

While people who live in free states tipify the kind of logic you have here Mark, you may be in a bit of a surprise if this treaty is passed and enforced.

According to an article in The Christian Science Monitor dated March 27, 2009, there are now twenty eight states which have introduced legislation declaring sovereignty. Four of these states have passed this legislation into law, some by overriding their governeor's veto (Ok.).

IIRC, Montana may bring that number to five. This means more than half of this country now stands in defiance of The Chosen One™. Add to this the continued "spike" in firearms sales, the ammo "shortage", the unavailability of long term storage foods and the upswing in in firearms training and you have a rather pronounced shot across the bow of the current administration.

Seems to me there are more 'n a few folks getting ready for a bit of a row.
The militia movement of the Klinton era isn't as visible as it once was but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it isn't a lot larger than it once was.

I doubt if this treaty will be signed - at least in its present form.

"The militia movement of the Klinton era isn't as visible as it once was but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it isn't a lot larger than it once was."

Seems to me that right about now it's more wise to stay invisable untill the time comes to not be, so your probably right about it being larger now. Thanks for the link to the article too.

While people who live in free states tipify the kind of logic you have here Mark, you may be in a bit of a surprise if this treaty is passed and enforced.

According to an article in The Christian Science Monitor dated March 27, 2009, there are now twenty eight states which have introduced legislation declaring sovereignty. Four of these states have passed this legislation into law, some by overriding their governeor's veto (Ok.).

IIRC, Montana may bring that number to five. This means more than half of this country now stands in defiance of The Chosen One™. Add to this the continued "spike" in firearms sales, the ammo "shortage", the unavailability of long term storage foods and the upswing in in firearms training and you have a rather pronounced shot across the bow of the current administration.

Seems to me there are more 'n a few folks getting ready for a bit of a row.
The militia movement of the Klinton era isn't as visible as it once was but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it isn't a lot larger than it once was.

I doubt if this treaty will be signed - at least in its present form.

The reason why the "militia" movement of the 90's gained no real traction - and was seen by most people as just a bunch of rednecks playing out in the woods with guns - was because in the end, that's what it was.

The militias of the 1700's were part of society. They had government support. They were accepted. What we have right now - when you take the amount of people who are armed, and the sovereignty movement - are the ingredients for a new LEGITIMATE militia movement. If a state were to declare true sovereignty - it would probably, sooner or later - need to defend itself in some way from the feds. A state like Texas is going to need to defend it's border from Mexico. The "National Guard" might be the institution to do this - but the very name of that institution - and the federal government sway over it - indicates part of the reason why that military institution might not be the solution. A state would need a military force that is truly it's own. That would be a militia.

A state in dire circumstances might need those state citizens who have armed themselves - and it might well need them to bring their own arms. People who say "it will never get that bad" - are just not paying attention if you ask me. It has gotten "that bad" here before in the US - and it has gotten "that bad" in plenty of other countries down thru history. There are many problems in this country right now - and nobody seems to have a REAL solution other than "it will get better". Hope and change are not going to do it this time around.

How many times did you as a kid in high school ask "why the hell do we need to learn all this history stuff. Why do I need to know about crap in other parts of the world? Why do we need to go through all this?" And wasn't the answer always "Because you learn from history".??? Now, those that were always telling me I had to take it because you learn from it are the ones ignoring it. We're f^cked.

Back
Top Bottom