• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Obama must have scared a few...

Chris

NES Member
Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
Our regular course this Saturday just DOUBLED in sign-ups this morning.

Instructors might want to advertise and/or add some courses. We are actually scrambling to borrow a few extra sets of course materials so that we don't have to turn anyone away.

From John Farnam's web site:

Current retail front, from a friend who owns a big gun store in the Medwest:

"We are experiencing a feeding frenzy here! We're selling guns as fast as our staff can run cash registers and complete paperwork. Yesterday expended our stock of Kalashnikovs, and today we ran out of ARs. We have virtually nothing remaining in stock.

We've even run out of G17s! In the gun business, running out of G17s is like a bar running out of Jim Beam! At this pace, the pipeline's capacity is measured in only a day or two."

That seems to be the issue everywhere. My friend and his neighbor were going to take the class at AFS this past weekend but they are booked up until December 13th.

Anyone know of anyone offering a safety class in the metrowest area that has spots opening in the next few weeks?

This is a great opportunity for all of us to step up and get people involved and on "our side" before the new congress starts polling to see how much they can get away with.

I've had six people contact me in the past week or so to schedule a class. I don't bother with regularly scheduled ones, but simply set one up whenever there's interest. Seems as if a lot of people are getting interested.

Ken

Instructors might want to advertise and/or add some courses.

I do hope that this happens. I believe that an Obama administration with a stacked Democrat Congress may just be the final nail in the coffin of the Second Amendment. I am scrambling to take a course and get my FID/LTC ASAP, while I still can. I just registered here today, after running across the site doing a search for laws.

Woburn Sportsmen's Association is very convenient to me, but their November class is booked, and the next one isn't offered until March. I've just e-mailed them to see if they might consider adding another class before the end of the year.

I'm sure that plenty of people are in this exact same frame of mind. An opportunity definitely exists right now for forums like this and local clubs to recruit new membership.

Last edited:
I've seen an uptick in students through the end of October, and had to schedule two classes in that month vs. my normal one. One class is scheduled for Nov. at this point, with students signing up......

Anyone know of anyone offering a safety class in the metrowest area that has spots opening in the next few weeks?

If you've got somebody who's just looking to bash out the legal requirement with a minimum of hassle, the classes the the City of Worcester runs are a good bet. It's the NRA's "Home Firearm Safety" cirriculum, so there's no range time and not the greatest for total newbies, but it's also only $35 and one evening. The next one is tonight (they're also running two in December) and you need to sign up in person, in advance, by 2:30; further info is here:
http://www.ci.worcester.ma.us/wpd/firearms.htm

Our November class total just reached TRIPLE the number we has last month. On Monday, we were still a few shy of October's class.

Gonna be a LONG Saturday. Can't wait to do my law lecture and see all the shocked faces. (^_^)

Will be interesting to see what the new vs. renewal vs. Had an old FID and never bothered.

Just talked to TWO guys in Lodge last night who want to take the course... gave them your info, Chris (since I had it handy).

Our November class total just reached TRIPLE the number we has last month. On Monday, we were still a few shy of October's class.

Gonna be a LONG Saturday. Can't wait to do my law lecture and see all the shocked faces. (^_^)

Will be interesting to see what the new vs. renewal vs. Had an old FID and never bothered.

Can you report back whatever you can glean to us on who, what, where & why these folks are doing it now, etc? It would be interesting and potentially valuable to the community to know. Thanks.

Can you report back whatever you can glean to us on who, what, where & why these folks are doing it now, etc? It would be interesting and potentially valuable to the community to know. Thanks.

No problem.

We ask the questions at the start of every course. Most of the time it's people who have never had a license or moved from another state. I think I've seen 4-5 this year who "just found out that my lifetime FID was no good". (this is 10 years after the law remember)

I'll tally the results on Saturday and post them here.

That seems to be the issue everywhere. My friend and his neighbor were going to take the class at AFS this past weekend but they are booked up until December 13th.

AFS just opened a new course date on Nov. 30th for anyone looking for a course.

And there are FIVE more guys from my mother Lodge who are interested.

Gee, ya think that this has anything to do with it?

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets

OK, of the 24 people who actually showed up...

14 specifically started looking for a class due to the election results. Various reasons were given, but mostly worried if they didn't now, the might never be able.

Of the other 10, half were new residents. The other 5 didn't say.

Back
Top Bottom