• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Obama Gets His Gun

please tell me where you're getting your knowledge of copyright law, because i'm a photographer and i know the law... and you have no frakking clue....

http://www.foundersspace.com/legal-...r-using-photos-in-a-humorous-newsparody-site/

And the fact that my full time employer sues lots of folks every year for "parody" of your logo. If it was as easy as saying it was a "parody", we wouldn't have such a huge legal team.

Not to mention, I am a photographer part time as well, and I'm pretty familiar with copyright law since I had photos infringed upon a few years back when a "for hire" contractor ended up not paying in full, but used images anyway.

http://www.foundersspace.com/legal-ip/what-are-the-rules-for-using-photos-in-a-humorous-newsparody-site/

And the fact that my full time employer sues lots of folks every year for "parody" of your logo. If it was as easy as saying it was a "parody", we wouldn't have such a huge legal team.

Not to mention, I am a photographer part time as well, and I'm pretty familiar with copyright law since I had photos infringed upon a few years back when a "for hire" contractor ended up not paying in full, but used images anyway.

Please tell me how trademark infringement (logo shit) has ANYTHING to do with copyright law (pro tip: it doesn't)

Trademarks have to be defended and you can't have a logo that purposely misleads customers into thinking you're someone else.... Sadly, you are wrong again..... Ask Starbucks how many people they've sued for parodying their mermaid logo...... Just because someone has deeper pockets and more shyster lawyers, doesn't make them right.... I can, if I wanted to spend the time and money, sue you for having the word "Poll" in your username...... That's a fact chief..... And if I had deep pockets, it could stick.....

Go to bed, you're wrong.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Forum Runner

So, what you are saying is I can pull any image I want from your portfolio, parody it by throwing a domo kun on it and put it up on my website as a "joke"? Can I use it on a TV show? What about as a background for a blue screen shot in a music video. I'm just making a parody f your photo!

OMG you two

enough already

it's the .gov's photo and their terms of use claim is mostly BS

lets continue to make fun of it

stop pissing in the shallow end of the gene pool already

OMG you two

enough already

it's the .gov's photo and their terms of use claim is mostly BS

lets continue to make fun of it

stop pissing in the shallow end of the gene pool already

This. The pictures were getting better and better. Spread this .gov picture as much as you can, they can pound sand.

I took the pic.

I hereby beg you..... I mean give you permission to hack and modify to your hearts content

Just share please

As I typed this a female on top of a celebrators shoulders in Baltimore flashed her Tatas on CNN

Sorry. I was distracted.

Oh yeah. Share the pics.

Let's get this thread back on the rails, shall we?

obama-shotgun-photoshop_MOTUS.jpg

150894_571193032899571_1777433762_n.jpg

obama-skeet-shooting-bugs-bunny.jpg

148371_523622547677776_286023358_n.jpg

Now, I'm not sure why THIS image came back on a google image search for "obama skeet shooting parody", but I've included it here for comic relief:

2093905_G.jpg

Did you all read this?

Don't worry, no one here approves...so the pics are fair game.
Remember the line most people seem to have a problem with is the "The photograph may not be manipulated in any way..."

That line doesn't have any qualifier for the particular use of the photo--and it need not be used to suggest an endorsement of the President.
I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing. If your tax dollars paid for it, its in the public domain.
Remember, I said "US Government" works. Works by states or smaller political subdivisions outside of the Federal government can indeed hold copyrights if I'm not mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom