NYT warns deadly proliferation ‘.50-caliber sniper rifles’ since expiration of AWB

and i cant recall a single crime being committed with a .50 cal. Weird how that works. Its almost like, rifles and their ilk arent the chosen weapon for criminals....

Rare is an understatement. From the .50 caliber wiki page under "Legal Issues"

A 1999 Justice Department Office of Special Investigations briefing on .50 caliber rifle crime identified several instances of the .50 BMG being involved in criminal activities.[SUP][17][/SUP] Most of the instances of criminal activity cited in the Office of Special Investigations briefing involved the illegal possession of a .50 BMG rifle. The briefing did not identify any instance of a .50 BMG rifle being used in the commission of a murder.

Member of our club brings this Bushmaster out to the range on some Sundays and lets people take a shot.

Really nice guy, everyone offers to give him some dough for the ammo, but I have never seen him take a dime he says he just enjoys seeing their reactions.

50BMG-at-LSA-close.jpg

I saw the guy just last week, but instead of his 50 BMG he had his pet turkey.

Pet-turkey.jpg

That's a really beautiful turkey.

If you read enough between the lines in the article, you can see they just want total confiscation of guns. A bolt action is being referred to as an assault weapon... it's just a matter of time before the Fudds has to start getting involved or risk losing their hunting rifles.

If you read enough between the lines in the article, you can see they just want total confiscation of guns. A bolt action is being referred to as an assault weapon... it's just a matter of time before the Fudds has to start getting involved or risk losing their hunting rifles.

Of course total confiscation is what they want. They spend all their time fantasizing about it. They also know it's not going to happen in their life time, so they whine constantly about it. It just kills them that Obama can't wave his hand and sign a royal decree and then send the storm troopers to gather up all the guns in America.

I wonder if any of these people realize that the muzzleloaders in common use in the 1700's were accurate to a few hundred yards.

Given that ~64% of the population is white and roughly half that male it makes for a reasonably probability that one could blame most anything on whitey

Unfortunately aside from this one little slice of crime in america that accounts for on average ~150 people anually the overwhelming number of murders in the US are committed by a segment of the population that only comprises ~12% of the entire country.....and the overwhelming number of those crimes are committed by the male half of the group.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom