NYT warns deadly proliferation ‘.50-caliber sniper rifles’ since expiration of AWB

and i cant recall a single crime being committed with a .50 cal. Weird how that works. Its almost like, rifles and their ilk arent the chosen weapon for criminals....

- - - Updated - - -

its a lie anti gunners believe. They are constantly preaching how gun ownership is in decline because they believe the polls that mention household. They still dont grasp the concept that we now live in an age where multiple people in 1 home are gun owners. They also are far to sexist to grasp the notion that women are becoming gun owners at a huge rate.

Just looking at Facebook proves this. About half a dozen women I went to school with, as well as some of their friends that I don't know, were discussing firearms. One that I went to school with posted about asking for a concealed carry tank top for Christmas. Others responded that they were still waiting for their licenses to come in, or that their BFS course was still a month away. No anti comments at all...

It doesn't happen too often, but sometimes Facebook does give me hope for humanity. Unfortunately all of these women that I do know are married.

IIRC the only 'crime involved' 50 was one that was confiscated from some outlaw that did not use it for his crimes. JBT plunder only.

We've had a problem with douchebags using bad judgment and breaking rules at our range- busting up the berm supports, shooting big rocks they set on the ground, and other dumbsh!t stuff. During a discussion of what to do, a couple of our officers (fudds) mentioned that at least the big killy 50 cals are against the rules. I and some other members including some of our most senior immediately jumped in that there is no such rule and that any caliber is welcome if shot safely. I think the anti gang were a little surprised at what a harsh response was given. It's all good now- decent folks that needed a reminder that rules 'only in their head' do not count.

The only reason I don't have one is it costs an arm and a leg to feed it. But now that their talking about it I may reconsider

The only reason I don't have one is it costs an arm and a leg to feed it. But now that their talking about it I may reconsider

Member of our club brings this Bushmaster out to the range on some Sundays and lets people take a shot.

Really nice guy, everyone offers to give him some dough for the ammo, but I have never seen him take a dime he says he just enjoys seeing their reactions.

50BMG-at-LSA-close.jpg

I saw the guy just last week, but instead of his 50 BMG he had his pet turkey.

Pet-turkey.jpg

That's a great idea. I don't have a 50cal yet and this article is just the thing to provide the motivation I need to fill that gap.
I love the question they ask over and over again....
Why do you need to have these weapons?
Answer:
Because I can!

Amen...

Mass shooting with bolt action coming soon! Haha can anyone tell me last time any murder took place in the US with a 50BMG rifle??

Wow, I didn't know I could shoot through a bunker with these! But, I guess that makes sense because these are also the ones that can take down jets at 30,000 feet. I gotta get me one of these. But, I have some questions... is it difficult to hold a gun this heavy sideways? And can I get one in full auto? I'm not sure how well a bolt-action drive by is going to work out.

Much better caliber. Cheaper to load for, but commercial ammo is still pretty pricey. Saw a box of Federal with Sierra 300 gr MK for $140 at Gander Mountain last week.

I went with a .50BMG upper in the Tactilite group buy from a year or two ago, I got a lower for it too. I've already accumulated a decent amount of .50 brass , but that's about as far as I've gotten. Next I need to get a decent optic for it and a few small parts to make it complete. Some of this type of stuff I buy simply because I wonder if it will be available in the future, or as insurance in case we get to SHTF.

Were 50BMG rifles even regulated by the '94-'04 AWB?

pistol grip: yes
semi-auto: ... sometimes

They don't (typically) have 11+round magazines
They don't have flash hiders (they clearly have muzzle brakes)
They don't have a bayonet mount
They don't have an adjustable stock
They don't have grenade launcher points

And they weigh in at usually 22lbs and up depending on Mfgr and model.

Politicians don't like them because they'll pierce most armored limousines with just ball ammo.

Wow, I didn't know I could shoot through a bunker with these! But, I guess that makes sense because these are also the ones that can take down jets at 30,000 feet. I gotta get me one of these. But, I have some questions... is it difficult to hold a gun this heavy sideways? And can I get one in full auto? I'm not sure how well a bolt-action drive by is going to work out.

I don't think that the "Homeboy Sights" have been made for the .50bmg yet, but someone might be working on it.[smile]

I want a .50 BMG just because the antis don't want me to have one.

What're the options out there now? Is it go Barret or go home, or are other choices good?

I doubt any 50 Cal rifle met the criteria for an assault rifle. Another rediculous logic free scare the sheeple move from the left.

I love my state arms. Long lead time (built to order), but 100% worth the wait.

http://www.statearms.com

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Those look nice.

Is that a shell holder type vs a drop in? I think I could get by without a mag fed, because I don't want to sell my kidney, but for a single shot I'd rather be able to drop the round in vs fussing with a holder.

Those look nice.

Is that a shell holder type vs a drop in? I think I could get by without a mag fed, because I don't want to sell my kidney, but for a single shot I'd rather be able to drop the round in vs fussing with a holder.

Shell holder. I don't find my typical fire rate to be high enough to get frustrated with the shell holder. It is an extremely strong action; I have no issues with it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

WTFDTM?

Because F-You Thats Why?

TAASTGOOH

[laugh]

FIFY

Whenever I hear the antis start talking about banning something - my instinctual response is: I'm going to have to get a few of those.

Donald Trump would go bankrupt (again) if he tried keeping up with that...

I saw the guy just last week, but instead of his 50 BMG he had his pet turkey.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k269/punk_itup/Pet-turkey.jpg

I hope the turkey was trained not to go downrange...

Ben Franklin was said to have proposed the turkey as the national bird rather than the bald eagle. The US Diplomacy Center denies this, probably because it feels embarrassing, but I'm buying it. Franklin was an odd duck.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-...key-and-the-presidential-seal-6623414/?no-ist

I had the pleasure of shooting a Porsche 911 with a full auto .50

yes, this is a dangerous threat. Once people start concealed carrying their 50 BMG rifles, who knows where that will lead to?[rolleyes]

From the actual NYT article, the writer says that gun ownership and sports hunting have declined over the past few decades. What country is the writer referring to?

Without advertising anywhere, how did gun manufacturers do this exactly? Or could it be liberal Hollywood created the advertising with their violent movies and gun worship? [laugh] I love the irony.

- - - Updated - - -

and i cant recall a single crime being committed with a .50 cal. Weird how that works. Its almost like, rifles and their ilk arent the chosen weapon for criminals....

- - - Updated - - -

its a lie anti gunners believe. They are constantly preaching how gun ownership is in decline because they believe the polls that mention household. They still dont grasp the concept that we now live in an age where multiple people in 1 home are gun owners. They also are far to sexist to grasp the notion that women are becoming gun owners at a huge rate.

It's that today, nobody wants to tell some stranger on the phone that they own guns.

Why banning assault rifles won't reduce gun violence

"Gun control proponents were also emboldened by the Supreme Court's decision Monday to allow an Illinois ban on assault rifles to stand. Yet we already know that banning assault weapons won't reduce gun crime or deaths. Worse, the bans may make it harder to enact more effective gun control laws...But gun control advocates who push for bans on one kind of rifle primarily because it looks scary also contribute to the problem. Such bans don't reduce gun crime, but they do stimulate passionate opposition from law-abiding gun owners: Gun control advocates ridicule the NRA's claim that the government is coming to take away people's guns, then try to outlaw perhaps the most popular rifle in the country."

So, the stupider the Anti-Gun lobby gets, the more their deceitful effort to ban guns is exposed to the public. Let them whine!

One of my sons has a CZ 500 or some number like that , bolt action in 458 Lott.about 6500 pounds of energy. It will knock down a concrete barn .only about 1100 dollars.

Christ! Why do I ever read the comments. First one....Bruce Edwards Rutland, Vt. 2 days ago
Perhaps the largest buyer and seller of assault rifles in the U.S., is Century International Arms - its warehouse tucked away in northern Fairfax, Vermont.
CIA's (a certain irony there) guns wound up with the contras in Nicaragua and the mujahideen in Afghanistan fighting the Soviet occupation. CIA is owned by a Canadian family. Just thought this might be an interesting FYI.

Back
Top Bottom