NYPD testing new technology to detect Concealed Carry

I thought you could not carry within NYC no matter what. It's a different country. Correct me.

You can if you have one of the coveted, rare, NYC pistol permits, which are just about impossible to get, unless you start throwing a lot of money around.

-Mike

Probably do it with a piece of aluminum foil.

[smile]
Knowing that my boss was heading to Israel, I somehow, inadvertently, sprinkled some Red Dot shotgun powder in his office carpet. When he got to Israel, they confiscated his laptop and most of his stuff.

The tinfoil gun between the pages of his workbooks never got beyond Logan. [sad2]

It's all coming together for Herr Bloomberg. Finally, his juvenile fantasy of having his own personal army of high tech storm troopers has been realized. This little dictator can keep his fascist city.

Sent from my .gov tracking device

[smile]
Knowing that my boss was heading to Israel, I somehow, inadvertently, sprinkled some Red Dot shotgun powder in his office carpet. When he got to Israel, they confiscated his laptop and most of his stuff.

The tinfoil gun between the pages of his workbooks never got beyond Logan. [sad2]

You mean your EX boss right? Yikes! No bonus for you dude LOL

[smile]

That is funny. I don't care who you are, that's funny.

After watching this special on their counter terrorism unit last night I am convinced that place is under martial law or something close to it. I will never step foot in that place. The people of NY are more like prisoners not citizens.

This should prove interesting. The Supreme Court held in Kyllo v United States that use of thermal imaging to locate a grow house from the street was an unreasonable search. I wonder how they'll try to distinguish this.

So beaming people with all sorts of radiation these days is kosher? Cool

It's not an emitter, it's just an infrared camera.

"THz frequency" just means "infrared" So, "heat"

It's just a thermal imager.

Anything that blocks IR will show up on their scanner. Put your handgun in one of those aluminum clip-board boxes and it'll show up as a big 9x12" rectangle.

Thermal imaging is thermal imaging. I can't imagine this technology will pass any sort of constitutional muster. But someone who's not a thug has to be caught at it and make a case. Until then, what's to stop the cops from using it?

My first thought was, what a waste of money, because they could stand there for hours doing nothing but looking for concealed guns that don't exist. Then I though, if they put one in every gun-free zone, they would be able to systematically disarm licensees. They could change the rules at midnight every so often and make places like Grand Central a gun free zone, arrest lawful gun owners, and pull their licenses on suitability.

How thick would a piece of steel, in my pocket and roughly shaped like a gun, have to be to block my energy? I'm thinking of making one for my trips to NYC.

Stop thinking small. You need a "gun" on one ankle, another on your hip and another under your arm, a "knife" on the other ankle and a big "bowie" in the small of your back. Or maybe the outline of an AR-15.

yea because this is a crystal clear image that couldn't be mistaken for anything else
tray-machine-470-1208.jpg

Fail

I could have developed this "technology" for free. I would call it "open carry".

What a waste of money.

"But to the extent that this technology reduces the abuse of stop-and-frisk that harms hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers every year, we're intrigued by the possibilities."

Sounds like a solution to a .gov created problem. They're making it sound like "Well, until now the only way to do it is to stop everyone and frisk them." when in reality the answer is "Leave people the f**k alone until they give you probable cause to search them.".

Fight fire with fire...start spreading the "facts" (as the gun grabbers do) that these things cause sterility/impotence/cancer to those who use them. Even if they only use them just once. [wink]

We need to push disarm cops. They've turned into the largest crime organization in America. They will go to any length and obey any command to destroy human rights and they cannot be allowed to be armed.

The current version of this device sucks, but it's still cause for concern. Is there any doubt that in time this tech will improve and the brown shirts will have a crystal clear picture of what you're carrying? This is only the beginning.

How thick would a piece of steel, in my pocket and roughly shaped like a gun, have to be to block my energy? I'm thinking of making one for my trips to NYC.

Yeah, that would be funny if some magazine or newspaper distributed a couple hundred thousand gun shaped pieces of aluminum foil bonded to cardboard for people to carry around "concealed"!

Back
Top Bottom