NYPD testing new technology to detect Concealed Carry

So beaming people with all sorts of radiation these days is kosher? Cool

It is actually the opposite. The device "sees" the radiation coming from a person. A gun on your waist will block the radiation you are giving off and appear as a dark spot, so to speak. That may be where we run in to problems trying to stop its use. In the same way that anything that an officer can see "in the open" can be used against you, they may argue that the device is not "invasive" in the sense that it is just able to see what is being given off by the people. In their minds it will be another form of "in plain sight".

This is very bad. Once they are made small enough to be portable they will start popping up on poles. I'm sure the UK will have them up with their cameras in no time.

***edit- It just occurred to me the next big thing in concealed carry clothing...... wait for it...... Foil lined jackets, holsters and CC pouches!!! There it is. I just called it rite here you watch and see. In the same way that tinfoil on you body shows up on the scanner at the airport, a foil lined jacket would turn your whole upper body in to a "no see zone"...

Last edited:
New York!?
Might as well secede and become it's own little communist nation.

If you mean the city of NY, they aren't quite large enough to be a "whole" (self reliant) country.

But if they take New Jersey, too, that gives them additional seaports, recreational, farming, industrial, chemicals....

So, yes. Providing they take New Jersey with them, they can go.

Who orders up this shit anyway? Bloomberg? DHS? Someone has the idea that this is not only a good idea but also must be appropriated.

And this is bring sold as a better alternative to stop and frisk.

If you are a valid NYC permit holder, how miserable will this make your life....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom