NY Senate passes 'landmark' gun control laws

It's NY. Who gives a shit. Let them burn.

If this moves forward without resistance then the grabbers will have a template they think might work anywhere. They will be empowered.

"Shall not be infringed."

This needs to stop here and now. Free mwn don't ask peemission of the government to exercise their fundamental liberties!

On one of the NY forums their is an attorney who wants to file a class action lawsuit pro-bono to any and all effected NY gun owners

By the way, I'm willing to bet they make no exception for passing through New York State on your way to a free state. In case you were thinking of moving south and/or west we're blockaded. I think we can assume they'll ignore FOPA.

On one of the NY forums their is an attorney who wants to file a class action lawsuit pro-bono to any and all effected NY gun owners

Does he know what he is doing or is he just looking to be a hero? Because this is really going to be a battle you want someone who knows what they are doing.

If this moves forward without resistance then the grabbers will have a template they think might work anywhere. They will be empowered.

This needs to stop here and now. Free mwn don't ask peemission of the government to exercise their fundamental liberties!

Absolutely. At very least, Democrats in MA are watching this.

They are the worst state in the entire country. Does it surprise anyone that they honestly passed these laws? NY can't be helped. Too many keyboard commandos thinking they are going to start doing mag dumps at the thought of any new legislation. Yeah OK.

Well i wonder where buying of powder and reloading supplys fall into all this bullshit.Is powder ,bullets and primers considered ammo?

They are the worst state in the entire country. Does it surprise anyone that they honestly passed these laws? NY can't be helped. Too many keyboard commandos thinking they are going to start doing mag dumps at the thought of any new legislation. Yeah OK.

We in MA are uniquely well incentivized to recognize the importance of cross border support.

So let me get this straight.....It's against the law now in NY to go into a school or theater and start shooting the place up with any weapon that is loaded with over 7 rounds in a magazine or magazines ?????

How is the >10 round rule not a confiscation? What do you do with all of the older semi-auto pistols that only have mags >10 rounds? Hasnt the pistol itself essentially been confiscated if you cannot have the mag at all (as opposed to a 10 rounder that you can just put 7 into)?

Last edited:
While I remain hopefullt they can overturn this somehow I have little faith considering we allowed our restrictions to go without any opposition that made any real difference.

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 in an antis office just to feel rebellious

I just hope MA doesn't pass any of that sh*t!!!

I need to get a lower prior if they do.

This has been covered in other threads - but just the possesion of a lower may not be enough to cover you.

In the past AWB that lower actually had to be assembled into a rifle to be "grandfathered".

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I'm puzzling over.... (other than the whole F***ing thing)... is 7 rounds....

Why 7?

You're trying to make sense out of madness. Stop doing that.

QFT. The MA Communists are going to learn from the NY contingent and incorporate this into their playbook. I only hope that I'm wrong.

First their were 10
Then 7
Then 4
Then 1
And finally none[angry]
No more Garands in NY I guess with that 8 round clip

First their were 10
Then 7
Then 4
Then 1
And finally none[angry]

I think this was the logic behind the 7-round limit. Many guns have mags for 8 or more rounds and this would effectively limit the types of guns that could practically be bought/sold in the state.

First their were 10
Then 7
Then 4
Then 1
And finally none[angry]

That's about the only logical reason I can think of that somebody would come up with seven as the limit. Because they know they can essentially ban a whole bunch of guns by just banning the "clips" that hold more than 7 rounds.

Looks like I should have been stocking up on those 5 round Garand clips.

Although I'm pretty sure a lot of the enblocs that are out there probably qualify as "curios or relics".

Anyone that does not see that they will ultimately outlaw all firearms except the ones that protect the ruling class and oppress YOU is an idiot.

2 years from now when the next maniac goes into a school with a double barrel 20 guage and kills 3 kids, do you think the liberals will proclaim it a victory? Will they praise the assualt weapon ban And rave about how safe our kids are now because only 3 were killed? No. They will call for an outright ban and there will be nobody left that is armed well enough to oppose them.

Too many keyboard commandos thinking they are going to start doing mag dumps at the thought of any new legislation. Yeah OK.

Says a MA resident. [laugh2] Oh, the irony......

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone that does not see that they will ultimately outlaw all firearms except the ones that protect the ruling class and oppress YOU is an idiot.

They just did.

This has been covered in other threads - but just the possesion of a lower may not be enough to cover you.

In the past AWB that lower actually had to be assembled into a rifle to be "grandfathered".

- - - Updated - - -

You're trying to make sense out of madness. Stop doing that.

That's why you should be finding friends that have uppers they can lend you. Borrow, assemble, register. Depending on legislation language of course and assuming we know what us in it. I would rather have one gun per month for a new unconstitutional slap in the face than this New York stuff.

Who has a .50 cal upper I can borrow?

My guess is no one on this thread goes Rambo over this. Frankly, the people get the government they deserve: when you put your faith in democracy, you get tyranny of the majority... and the majority has now spoken. Congratulations.

I am sorry for my NY brothers who now have fewer rights than they had yesterday, but this is what you should expect when you appeal to authority, such as the Constitution/2A, Congress, or the Supreme Court, for your rights. It remains to be seen whether the pendulum will ever swing the other way, back toward fundamental human rights not subject to legislation or judicial review. Stop voting GOP and start convincing all people that these rights are important and must be preserved, because the evidence is now clear that you simply aren't going to win this fight at the ballot box. A 43-18 result in a GOP-controlled state senate is a good illustration of why I long ago opted out of the political system: it offers me nothing I want, so why should I legitimize it?

Won't be long before we start hearing about people traveling through New York with 8 round clips getting busted because of this lunacy! Forget about the gun because the mag capicity will be the next big offense. So I wonder what happens when they find a criminal with more than 7 rounds?

Sound to me as if thats a non issue as far as these laws go and the punishment that follow.

Back
Top Bottom