NY Senate passes 'landmark' gun control laws

What are the chances that gun manufacturers will only sell to law enforcement what is allowed lawful citizens? Is there any chance that the firearms industry would come to the aid of the citizen?

If Remington (bushmaster) does not leave NY I am done with them.
I would love to see the firearms industry stop sales to NY. Let them buy from their Chinese comrades.

"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." - Ayn Rand

Here's a dumb question: Does the proposed law say the magazines must be *modified* to prevent them holding more than seven rounds, or just that you can't actually put more than seven in a 10 round?

There's a bunch of language that suggests the latter. That would be extra super duper stupid.

It looks like current "pre ban" ten round mags will be grandfathered in but be loaded with no more than seven rounds. Post ban mags need to be retrofitted I believe.

No shots fired yet. WTF, NY?

The bill hasn't passed yet. Right now there's probably at least ONE guy sitting in his living room, full battle rattle and ready to go, just ****ing waiting until tomorrow.

This is hands down the most extreme gun control legislation this country has ever seen, and in this economy there are probably a lot of pissed off Americans with little or nothing to lose.

Does the "proposed" 7 round mag restriction apply to NY law enforcement? If not, make it so.

Waiting to see the Assembly vote.

Last edited:
The bill summary says:

Section 38 of the bill amends Penal Law 265.00(23) to ban all large
capacity magazines that have the capacity to hold more than ten rounds of ammunition including those that were grandfathered in under the original assault weapons ban and creates a new ban on magazines that hold more than seven rounds of ammunition. Magazines that can hold more than seven rounds but not more than ten rounds and are currently possessed will be grandfathered in, but may only contain seven rounds of ammunition. Exceptions are made for large capacity magazines that are curios or relics

Last edited:
It's NY. Who gives a shit. Let them burn.

I care. We aren't the republic we once were.
In 10 years, you will have a whole generation from NY that thinks 7 or fewer rounds in a mag is 'normal' and more are just killy.

[sad2]

Sent from my mobile device.

Back
Top Bottom