• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NY Senate passes 'landmark' gun control laws

BOYCOTT NY!!! Sorry for yelling but I mean it. This is grass roots stuff we can do. Start by writing to every gun mfr you can think of. Ask them to voluntarily not sell any products to NY, including Law Enforcement. Any companies still doing business with NY, We Boycott. Talk to your local gun shop, tell them, you will not buy products from companies who supply NY. If they continue to stock items from those companies, boycott them. Want to get real serious, Boycott ANY company that is based in NY. Tell them why! There will be sacrifice involved. But this is still an easier non violent way to effect change.

Completely agree. The supremes will step in when asked because this is a big f-you to Heller. But it will take a lot of time. They need clean plaintiffs with standing (somebody -- ideally with a demonstrable fear of attack, say a wife with a restraining order -- needs to go to a gun dealer and be denied the right to purchase a Glock 26, just for example).

In the mean time, the takers win. The court could change. Anything could happen.

What we really need in America is the death penalty for any legislator who proposes or votes in favor of a such an egregious violation of civil liberties as this is.

From a functional standpoint, I really think this new law bans most standard, full sized pistols. It's now illegal in NY to buy a new magazine with a capacity greater than 7 rounds. Nobody makes magazines of that capacity for guns like a SIG 226/229, Glocks, XDs, or most others. The only guns that 7 round mags are made for are small stuff like Kahrs. Heller references Miller's "in common use" language and clearly, full sized semi auto pistols are in common use and pretty much exactly what Heller spoke to.

Am I wrong?

It is not what law enforcement did, It is that they are a direct agent of the government. So as such to punish the government you make them play by thier own rules.

Yes. I know it sounds obvious, but alphawolf's post makes it clear that some people don't quite get it. The police are quite literally the enforcement arm of these corrupt and broken governments that are pretending the constitution is open for negotiation. They're the ones makng sure that we play by the rules. They're the ones who will lock you up when you don't. It's their boot that will be on our necks, not the politicians'. If we're going to be running with the us-against-them meme - with "them" being the legislative machine - then the police are, by definition, not with "us." Some are, obviously, and some will be if and when the time comes, but unless and until I hear a single law enforcement group of any kind speak up against these sorts of overreaching laws, or speak out against corruption in government or among their own ranks, then I think the only option is to assume that they're with "them" as a default view.

I woke up this morning to a fresh New England snowfall...I followed my ritual with a hot cup of coffee and a pipe full of cavendish on the porch. The air was cool and fresh - the snowfall always brings me a sense of renewal. I went back inside for a second cup and broke with my morning tradition - I turned on WTEN in Albany to catch the news. I had it in the recesses of my imagination, that I would tune in to find throngs of angry New Yorkers massed at the capitol - flags waving, voices cracking from protest, rifles slung over their shoulders. The downside to an imagination vivid - is the crash of reality. New Yorkers for all intents and purposes, have rolled over... The price of liberty if oft sacrifice - of stepping outside oneself and demanding freedom, no matter the cost... Our forefathers understood this - lived and died by it. Their sacrifices fade away into the depth of the national unconsciousness and apathy of the collective....

Moral of the story: Stay on the porch....

Last edited:
Here's a Yea vote:

Scarborough, William
District 29
Queens County
Queens College of the City University of New York, earning a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Political Science.
Wife, 3 children
In office since 1994
Jamaica Office
Address: 129-32A Merrick Blvd.
Jamaica, NY 11434
Phone: 718-723-5412
Fax: 718-723-5465
Home Address:
115-05 179th Street
Borough of Queens Tax Map Block 10314, Lot 79
Addisleigh Park, Jamaica, NY

Another. Super Moonbat. Is on FB.

Michelle Schimel
District 16
B.S. degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Allied Medical Professions.[4][5] She was vice president of a fashion accessories firm in Manhattan from 1982 to 1994.
District Office
45 North Station Plaza
Suite 203
Great Neck, NY 11021
516-482-6966
Home:
(516) 773-3945
19 Baker Hill Rd
Great Neck, NY 11023-1434

Or until a few of them start getting marched out of their offices in handcuffs for violating the US Constitution. IS that even a criminal offense anymore?

I think we all missed the executive order that already came down to the states to pass gun control laws, so the feds don't have to. The order was to do it now and do it fast. It was the ultimate quarterback sneak and we all fell for it. It is a lot more difficult to fight 20 states than it is to fight one fed. They are not stupid.

Last edited:
Another Yea:

Luis R. Sepulveda
District 87
graduated from Hofstra University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in the Natural Sciences
In 1991, Luis graduated from Hofstra Law School.
District Office:
1973 Westchester Avenue
Bronx, NY 10462
718-931-2620
Law Office Contact Info:
Phone: 347-582-8173
Po Box 834
Bronx, NEW YORK, 10455
Home:
Apartment 6A
2155 Daly Avenue
Bronx, NY 10460

I would like to know how NY new laws will affect someone like me.

Every year my family & I drive through NY to visit my friend in Michigan. I bring my guns and ammo with me so my friend & I can do some shooting. How does this affect that now?

Every year my family & I drive through NY to visit my friend in Michigan. I bring my guns and ammo with me so my friend & I can do some shooting. How does this affect that now?

FOPA. Don't stop but to buy gas and for a biobreak.

It shouldn't matter to you. If you are still worried about complying with bogus laws, then just turn in your damn guns.

Dude, unless you have something helpful to offer, why don't you just **** off? Is that clear enough?

I asked a simple question: can you travel through NY with guns that hold more then 7 rounds or some shit. That's it. No one said anything about turning in my guns, joining a gun buy back for a $150 EBT card, or caving for a new Obama phone.

The posts like that get ****ing old.

What are you going to do? Oh let me guess...it's GO TIME right? You're going to start blasting everyone away? Givbe me a ****ing break. Hit the ****ing ignore button on my posts, if you don't like me. Shit gets ****ing old. I asked a simple ****ing question. No need to be a ****ing douche bag.

- - - Updated - - -

FOPA. Don't stop but to buy gas and for a biobreak.

I figured as much. That's how it's been in the past when I have gone there. Thank you for actually answering my question.

Federal Law in theory should you protect you as you're traveling through, and it is unlikely anyway that you would be stopped on the interstate and be subject to a search. However, I would avoid any kind of pit stop at all in the state, as there have been bogus convictions in NY over this type of transportation

Last edited:
Federal Law in theory should you protect you as you're traveling through, and it is unlikely anyway that you would be stopped on the interstate and be subject to a search. However, I would avoid any kind of pit stop at all in the state, as there have been bogus convictions in NY over this type of transportation

Yeah that is how it's been in the past. I make sure my tank is full, and I keep trucking right on through.

yes

tvads_heineken_man_hug_300x206b.jpg

As long as you're not stopped, you're okay. But if you are, some jurisdictions will arrest you anyway, claiming that you can use federal law as an "affirmative defense." I believe Denver is known for that. So yes, you'll get off, but only after much time and expense.

Or until a few of them start getting marched out of their offices in handcuffs for violating the US Constitution. IS that even a criminal offense anymore?

I think we all missed the executive order that already came down to the states to pass gun control laws, so the feds don't have to. The order was to do it now and do it fast. It was the ultimate quarterback sneak and we all fell for it. It is a lot more difficult to fight 20 states than it is to fight one fed. They are not stupid.

If this is true, then any blue states will basically have gun bans and red states will be fully armed. Not sure the libs are really thinking about the long term consequences of that route. This time it will be the war of Southern aggression as no one in the North will have a gun to be aggressive with.

I've never done the math, but I also suspect more military bases are present in red states than blue states as a percentage.

For all intense and porpoises, New York has already nullified FOPA. Reference the dozens (maybe hundreds) of threads on NES alone asking advice on the safest way to get through NY with their lawfully transported firearms.

This is true, but once FOPA is offcially off the books you know what we'll see? STOP AND FRISK AT THE BORDER.

Think those a**h***s won't set up checkpoints?

Originally Posted by alphawolf View Post
Curious, What did law enforcement due that we keep on saying not to sell to them?

If you listened too or watched the debate in the NY Assembly yesterday, you would have noticed that they said that all of these measures (especially with regards to what makes a gun an evil "assault weapon") was based on recommendations from the State Police.

- - - Updated - - -

It shouldn't matter to you. If you are still worried about complying with bogus laws, then just turn in your damn guns.

Dude, unless you have something helpful to offer, why don't you just **** off? Is that clear enough?

I asked a simple question: can you travel through NY with guns that hold more then 7 rounds or some shit. That's it. No one said anything about turning in my guns, joining a gun buy back for a $150 EBT card, or caving for a new Obama phone.

The posts like that get ****ing old.

What are you going to do? Oh let me guess...it's GO TIME right? You're going to start blasting everyone away? Givbe me a ****ing break. Hit the ****ing ignore button on my posts, if you don't like me. Shit gets ****ing old. I asked a simple ****ing question. No need to be a ****ing douche bag.

- - - Updated - - -

I figured as much. That's how it's been in the past when I have gone there. Thank you for actually answering my question.

"A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF....." [thinking]

I agree but my guess is even with an outright voluntary industry ban on the entire state there will be a small troupe of whore FFLs and whore mid-level distributors willing to sell the state entities guns and ammo through the blockade, although it would make life considerably more expensive for NY, I can tell you that much. No more factory service....

-Mike
Legislators aren't the only ones who can end up as domestic enemies.
I wouldn't shed a tear.
Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1971-041-10%2C_Paris%2C_der_Kollaboration_beschuldigte_Franz%C3%B6sinnen.jpg

Lets hope they accidently take the hughes amendment with it.
We could only hope for such a gift. How long do you think it'd take for home machine shops everywhere to start manufacturing drop-in auto sears?

If this is true, then any blue states will basically have gun bans and red states will be fully armed. Not sure the libs are really thinking about the long term consequences of that route. This time it will be the war of Southern aggression as no one in the North will have a gun to be aggressive with.

I've never done the math, but I also suspect more military bases are present in red states than blue states as a percentage.
It would be over very fast if you factor in the internal resistance.

Back
Top Bottom