• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NY Senate passes 'landmark' gun control laws

No compensators or muzzle breaks now either?...I hope this piece of garbage doesn't make its way to MA. And why are they so hung up on rifles with pistol grips? I've never understood that one.

Reading the Bill...

Bottom of Page 9 requires all intrastate firearms purchases to go through a NICS check at a an FFL, but the FFL can only charge a max of $10.

And here's the new NY AWB definition...no CA-style workarounds here...

Limits on sale of a granfathered AWB:

I would also indeed confirm that ten round mags are grandfathered, but can only be loaded with a max of 7 rounds. New magazines must hold no more than 7 rounds.

Oh, how nice. If your high cap mag is in your home, you get only 3 months instead of 6 months of jail time:

No compensators or muzzle breaks now either?...I hope this piece of garbage doesn't make its way to MA. And why are they so hung up on rifles with pistol grips? I've never understood that one.

It's just because every AR has one, not that it actually means anything

I've talked with an anti about this and their explanation to me was that the pistol grip "made the weapon more comfortable to use, and it shouldn't be comfortable to murder someone"

I guess my Sig 522 with pinned stock, pistol grip, 10 round mag and front magpul grip is an evil assault weapon in NY.

I heard part of the debate in the NY Assembly today where someone asked a rep defending the bill why he thought foregrips were so dangerous. This was the exchange, to paraphrase:

"Why do you think foregrips are something that we need to be concerned about?"

"Uhhh well, this is what the state police recommended to us..."

"I've been shooting since I was 12, I can tell you it makes little difference in the lethality of a gun whether you have a foregrip or not"

"Duhhhh well... you're wrong, this is what the state police told us"

[puke]

And why are they so hung up on rifles with pistol grips? I've never understood that one.

Because that's the only way you can ban a gun you don't like simply because of what it looks like. They realize there's really no functional difference, so they have to ban based on "evil features".

Seriously. How much? I'll even start researching addresses.

how many addresses are we talking about? If the addresses are in list form it could probably be google mapped in under an hour.

edit: **** me, i'd do it for free.. **** you xtry51... shit... i'd even pay to have it published in a NY newspaper with the title "burn these cvn+$ houses to the ground"

how many addresses are we talking about? If the addresses are in list form it could probably be google mapped in under an hour.

edit: **** me, i'd do it for free.. **** you xtry51... shit... i'd even pay to have it published in a NY newspaper with the title "burn these c***s houses to the ground"

Dooooo iiiiit!!!!

Reading the Bill...

Bottom of Page 9 requires all intrastate firearms purchases to go through a NICS check at a an FFL, but the FFL can only charge a max of $10.

I would also indeed confirm that ten round mags are grandfathered, but can only be loaded with a max of 7 rounds. New magazines must hold no more than 7 rounds.

Oh, how nice. If your high cap mag is in your home, you get only 3 months instead of 6 months of jail time:

On top of that, see page 30 for the half assed response to removing CCW permits from public records law. You have to specify your reason and fall into a special categoty.

Sooo....if I read that correctly (which I'm hoping that I didn't) even my little lever action .357 Magnum would be a bad thing because it holds more than 7 rounds. [puke]

I'm loving this list idea. You can't just wipe your ass with 2A and get away scot-free. Enter Beavis quote : "Burn burn, FIREEEE FIREEE."

I am actually pretty good at stalking people online and these moonbats are very easy to locate. But, they may have bodyguards armed with their buttplugs.

Reading the Bill...

On top of that, see page 30 for the half assed response to removing CCW permits from public records law. You have to specify your reason and fall into a special categoty.

Looks like the Mini-14 tactical and the 10/22 tactical are now Assault Weapons in NY as they both have flash suppressors and detachable mags. [thinking]

Poopsenders.com ? [rofl] They are lower than that though- poop is too good for them, considering they are basically wastes of oxygen and US citizenship.

-Mike

i've been watching some of the other responses from other senators that voted for this bill on youtube.
ruben diaz says multiple times he doesn't believe the bill will do anything and that "its the mind. not the weapon..." yet he still voted IN FAVOR OF IT!
http://youtu.be/SFC92PcHRxI if anyone cares enough to waste two more minutes of their life. i was just dumbfounded by this, and I'm sure he's not the only one. Just unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom