• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NY Senate passes 'landmark' gun control laws

Well, now it's official. As a society, we've now graduated from, "The Pen is Mightier than the Sword" to, "Moderators are Judge, Jury, and Executioner" of Objective, Free Thinking Thought. Hypocrisy 101.

The speech on this forum is NOT PROTECTED BY THE FIRST AMENDMENT. This forum is the exclusive property of Derek. The moderators are an extension of Derek since he cannot be monitoring the forums all the time.

Don't like Derek's rules? Go somewhere else, the internet is a big place.
What part of the above do you not understand?

I remember Gura giving a talk last year where he thought there was good case to be made for AWB's to be overturned under the "in common use" rationale.

That's what I figured. Some estimates peg the number of AR-15s between 3 million and 4 million in private hands. That's "in common use", if you ask me. But then again, I also have a different understanding of "shall not be infringed".

The speech on this forum is NOT PROTECTED BY THE FIRST AMENDMENT. This forum is the exclusive property of Derek. The moderators are an extension of Derek since he cannot be monitoring the forums all the time.

Don't like Derek's rules? Go somewhere else, the internet is a big place.
What part of the above do you not understand?

I'm not losing sleep over anything. Derek can speak for himself, but thanks.

...FFS, IBTL. It's fairly obvious that the thread has now gone FR, and the troll has managed to completely derail the thread. Congratulations, Greschner, your inability to just accept that someone requested to have their account killed (both directly and indirectly) has completely and irrevocably destroyed this thread.

Congratulations, you suck.

I think at this point, that might be a viable option. Might be kinda nice to live there, too.

Yeah, I'd love to go there someday just to see it for myself and I agree they definitely should just give NYC one big **** you.

I'm not losing sleep over anything. Derek can speak for himself, but thanks.

And no one is losing sleep over you, stop whining all over the forum just because some troll got the hammer.

Last edited:
That's what I figured. Some estimates peg the number of AR-15s between 3 million and 4 million in private hands. That's "in common use", if you ask me. But then again, I also have a different understanding of "shall not be infringed".

Word.

He was a troll because that is what he was doing, trolling for angered responses. He made a statement that anyone with a half a brain would know was going to get a reaction. He knew damn well he was gonna piss everyone off. I disagree with plenty of people on here about stuff, but we, for the most part, have a civil discourse throughout. He just said shit to piss everyone off. mission successful.

I think all you guys are nutz, but I stick around. [troll]

Well, now it's official. As a society, we've now graduated from, "The Pen is Mightier than the Sword" to, "Moderators are Judge, Jury, and Executioner" of Objective, Free Thinking Thought. Hypocrisy 101.

Yeah, we are, actually, don't like it, too bad. You can go start your own board, pay for the bandwidth, and allow trolls to contaminate it at will, it'll be your prerogative to do so.

-Mike

Time for some rampant civil disobedience and jury nullification.

"Don't taze me, bro!"

How many people do you think they could arrest if 2,500 people held an open carry rally on the steps of the statehouse down here in RI? I have a few connections with the staties and local(providence) police...

This is a very good question, I think what it comes down to is you'd have to sic the the federal courts on the state to get any action via Heller, and I would bet there are either some limitations in play or NY state doesn't care if their laws are unconstitutional because they know that even if it doesn't withstand scrutiny, it'd still take years for pro 2A forces in NY to use the court successfully against the state... so they will use the "free ride" option for now.

It's too bad, of course, that we didn't have a law which would make it a felony to create a law which violates someone's civil rights....

-Mike

Completely agree. The supremes will step in when asked because this is a big f-you to Heller. But it will take a lot of time. They need clean plaintiffs with standing (somebody -- ideally with a demonstrable fear of attack, say a wife with a restraining order -- needs to go to a gun dealer and be denied the right to purchase a Glock 26, just for example).

In the mean time, the takers win. The court could change. Anything could happen.

What we really need in America is the death penalty for any legislator who proposes or votes in favor of a such an egregious violation of civil liberties as this is.

so if i load my 10 round mags with 10 rounds and I get pulled over cant i just pop 3 rounds off towards the nearest preschool or old folks home or baby sea lion farm.

You better hope so. We are running out of options. The last option isn't a pretty one.

Civil disobedience, jury nullification, and peaceful secession are really the only options left if this comes down from the feds. A supreme court ruling in our favor could work, but that's going to take years. Maybe 2016 before it's even on their radar.

Looking more immediately, as far as folks in NY are concerned, time to jump ship. It might already be too late.

Same thing goes for MA folks. Time to start looking for property in NH. Like today.

None of you are going to fire any shots or stand up, you are all going to get beaten down bill after bill, law after law till you have nothing! accept it because that how it's going to happen!
And those that do not comply will be in prison or dead

MODERATORS

Please DELETE my account!

And he's banned. Cuomo was his real name.

so if i load my 10 round mags with 10 rounds and I get pulled over cant i just pop 3 rounds off towards the nearest preschool or old folks home or baby sea lion farm.

I'm guessing the actual capacity of the mag is what's going to be restricted. Not the actual number of present cartridges.

Link to edited bill
open.nysenate.gov/legislation/api/1.0/lrs-print/bill/S2230-2013

I see a large increase in ammo sales in PA and VT.

This is so mind boggling to me, constitution says to prevent tyrannical government we have 2A, tyrannical government says no, rest of government says ok.

They should seceed and form the state of North New York. Seriously.

Funny you mention this, states like CA, IL, and NY could benefit greatly from this approach. All 3 of them, geopolitically, the antis only "control" like a quarter of the actual land area, and the rest of the given state is pro gun.... although it seems in the case of NY, I read some choice "republican" quotes too, but god only knows what kind of "republican" they are too... if they're "bloomberg or Guiliani republicans" they're probably antis, too.... so even with some seat shifts, some of these states may not necessarily become uncontaminated enough.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom