NY Senate passes 'landmark' gun control laws

Damn, I hope they don't **** with FOPA, I gotta drive all my shit thru NY when we move, probably in the next 30-60 days. I ain't stopping for shit, hate to say it, but I'll feel safer when I get to Jersey.

How do MA and NY compare as far as the concentration of gun owners goes?

Not the issue. NY is gerrymandered to allow downstate roll over upstate. It's like if Beacon hill could get over on everyone outside of the 128 loop. People think this happens, but in reality, it's not as bad as in NY.

Not the issue. NY is gerrymandered to allow downstate roll over upstate. It's like if Beacon hill could get over on everyone outside of the 128 loop. People think this happens, but in reality, it's not as bad as in NY.

+1

I was apalled by some of the shit those idiots said today, think Linsky with Down's. MA is not lost and I will be donating more to Comm2A for all the hard work they do for us.

Don't worry, When you decide to rebel and start shooting people, you'll get plenty of Ass lovin'
****ing Idiot~

You don't get it.

At all.

The rights we have, or in this case had, are being torn from us at such a furious speed, that it is nauseating. I'm literally sick to my stomach over this, and what do you do? You come here and just kick the bees nest. "uh better sell your stuff now! get out while the getting is good." You obviously dont care for your rights as much as we do. That's fine, I dont expect everyone to have the same fury for them as I do, but the fact of the matter is, you asked for our outrage, what the **** did you think we'd say. "gee golly he's right folks, lets trade it all in for walmart gift cards!"

You don't get it, you probably wont until it's truly too late, and that's fine, but just go. Leave us alone, you clearly don't feel the same way the MAJORITY of gun owners do about this......

Leave.....

None of you are going to fire any shots or stand up, you are all going to get beaten down bill after bill, law after law till you have nothing! accept it because that how it's going to happen!
And those that do not comply will be in prison or dead

MODERATORS

Please DELETE my account!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok folks now that the troll is gone, back on topic please. I don't want to close this thread as this is an ongoing issue.

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 61 years old, graphics desk jockey. I just ordered a load bearing vest and steel plates for front/back and sides and I am out of breath just thinking about running around with my AR-15 Bushmaster, Beretta 92FS anywhere to far bounding thru a suburban landscape. Google Innocents Betrayed, watch it. IMHO I don't see much of a choice in the coming years then to be the **** ready to resist evil, and I am no churchgoer.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok folks now that the troll is gone, back on topic please. I don't want to close this thread as this is an ongoing issue.

-Mike

And he's a troll, why? Because he's got an opinion - different from you and the majority of posters on this thread?

- - - Updated - - -

-Mike

jesus-says-you-ma-hallelujah-thumb.jpg

Back on topic, we all need to oppose this just as bad as we need to oppose any other form of gun control. The fact of the matter is, once one starts, others are soon to follow. If NYS is allowed to get away with this, what makes you think this cant/ wont happen here?

+1 And no free state is safe. The free staters may have more time than the rest of us but as this stuff goes they will not stop until they get every last firearm. We all have a stake in this no matter which state we reside in now. We all need to hang together or we will surely hang alone!

It's not as bad but let's be honest, mot of the people who get to determine "what gets on the table" in MA's legislature are usually jerks from inside the loop... even if that segment may not have the raw numbers, they have the seniority and influence, because a lot of the MA loop towns have long standing hacks filling those seats. You look at many of these important committees and chairs, and most of them are fully operated by moonbats.

-Mike

And he's a troll, why? Because he's got an opinion - different from you and the majority of posters on this thread?

Well, you probably missed the stuff he posted that I destroyed, it was pretty clear he was becoming unhinged and he wanted out... so I showed him the exit.

-Mike

He was a troll because that is what he was doing, trolling for angered responses. He made a statement that anyone with a half a brain would know was going to get a reaction. He knew damn well he was gonna piss everyone off. I disagree with plenty of people on here about stuff, but we, for the most part, have a civil discourse throughout. He just said shit to piss everyone off. mission successful.

Well , before we flip out totally , what does Heller vs. DC mean in relation to stripping rifles in common usage from citizens ?

This is a very good question, I think what it comes down to is you'd have to sic the the federal courts on the state to get any action via Heller, and I would bet there are either some limitations in play or NY state doesn't care if their laws are unconstitutional because they know that even if it doesn't withstand scrutiny, it'd still take years for pro 2A forces in NY to use the court successfully against the state... so they will use the "free ride" option for now.

It's too bad, of course, that we didn't have a law which would make it a felony to create a law which violates someone's civil rights....

-Mike

I swear, I was so pissed and nauseous watching this crap go down... first thing I did when I got home was hug my rifles and told them it would be ok.

In all seriousness, what are our options at this point? I do not think a rally will do much, except irritate the moonbats and cause cries of "look at how angry they are!" Followed by a plant firing shots from a starter pistol to kick up a frenzy and get a whole bunch of gun owners locked up while they "investigate" who fired the shots.

ETA: not really joking on the first part.

They should seceed and form the state of North New York. Seriously.

This is a very good question, I think what it comes down to is you'd have to sic the the federal courts on the state to get any action via Heller, and I would bet there are either some limitations in play or NY state doesn't care if their laws are unconstitutional because they know that even if it doesn't withstand scrutiny, it'd still take years for pro 2A forces in NY to use the court successfully against the state... so they will use the "free ride" option for now.

It's too bad, of course, that we didn't have a law which would make it a felony to create a law which violates someone's civil rights....

-Mike

I remember Gura giving a talk last year where he thought there was good case to be made for AWB's to be overturned under the "in common use" rationale.

Well, you probably missed the stuff he posted that I destroyed, it was pretty clear he was becoming unhinged and he wanted out... so I showed him the exit.

-Mike

Well, now it's official. As a society, we've now graduated from, "The Pen is Mightier than the Sword" to, "Moderators are Judge, Jury, and Executioner" of Objective, Free Thinking Thought. Hypocrisy 101.

I swear, I was so pissed and nauseous watching this crap go down... first thing I did when I got home was hug my rifles and told them it would be ok.

In all seriousness, what are our options at this point? I do not think a rally will do much, except irritate the moonbats and cause cries of "look at how angry they are!" Followed by a plant firing shots from a starter pistol to kick up a frenzy and get a whole bunch of gun owners locked up while they "investigate" who fired the shots.

ETA: not really joking on the first part.

You really only have two options.

These are very serious options. You get out in the street and pound the pavement, rally every gun owner you know and go to every rally, sit in, protest, you name it. Or you start a militia and march armed towards a statehouse.

Seriously, those are your options. Writing letters has not worked. Hiding in the corners of society has not worked. Trying to educate the other side has not worked. Voting, has not worked. Everything we have tried has not worked.

You have two options.....

Well, now it's official. As a society, we've now graduated from, "The Pen is Mightier than the Sword" to, "Moderators are Judge, Jury, and Executioner" of Objective, Free Thinking Thought. Hypocrisy 101.

...I'm almost positive he asked to have his account deleted... how does that make any of your last statement true?

ETA: yep, he did.
MODERATORS

Please DELETE my account!

Please, let's treat this like we would one of the jackass school shooters and forget the guy ever existed.

That's kind of what the mods are here for.....to decide as they see fit, according to the guidelines Derek has for HIS site.

Back
Top Bottom