• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NSSF To File

I hope they are talking with comm2a

I don't expect either side to say they are.

Until it's filed I wouldn't expect to hear anything.

Mike, it was not too long ago when you were heaping vitriol and tinfoil on any number of commenters here for suggesting our gun rights in Massachusetts were threatened.

LMAO... when did I suggest we were immune from anything? That's new. I have spoken against tinfoiler retards around here pant shitting and so on in specific instances where they turned out to be clueless. I never have said that we were immune in MA from these types of things.

Also worth noting- I guess you could say were in a new game now; I had previously thought, perhaps naively, that most bans, etc, would come as part of a political process and not some AG who has suddenly annointed herself with lawmaking powers. Her actions are unprecedented in terms of ignoring the rule of law and the entire process. I guess it's not unprecedented though, Lincoln and others have done such jackassery before; of course the problem is they never got punished for it.

I do believe the Baker-Healey Ban will be just the tip of the iceberg if Clinton is elected.

Well, she can have fun burning up her political capitol in the house on that one issue, I guess. The supreme court nominations are an obvious major issue, though, but that's going to take a lot of squirming and manipulation of the process, on the part of the antis to make that one work; and if they pull that off somehow, things are going to get pretty ugly pretty fast.

-Mike

Last edited:
Also worth noting- I guess you could say were in a new game now; I had previously thought, perhaps naively, that most bans, etc, would come as part of a political process and not some AG who has suddenly annointed herself with lawmaking powers. Her actions are unprecedented in terms of ignoring the rule of law and the entire process. I guess it's not unprecedented though, Lincoln and others have done such jackassery before; of course the problem is they never got punished for it.
-Mike

Absolutely no one could have seen this coming with anything even remotely in the realm of factual certainty. It really is a whole new game. Overnight, my world changed. I feel betrayed by my state, betrayed by my lawmakers, betrayed by my judicial system, and betrayed by my country. This whole shitshow, with it's suddenness, has really ****ed my worldview up. I had to ponder, for days, and to a lesser extent still do, what my reaction to the cops showing up at my door for my rifle would be. I have to now look at uprooting my life, my future plans, to get to a place that isn't here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely no one could have seen this coming with anything even remotely in the realm of factual certainty. It really is a whole new game. Overnight, my world changed. I feel betrayed by my state, betrayed by my lawmakers, betrayed by my judicial system, and betrayed by my country. This whole shitshow, with it's suddenness, has really ****ed my worldview up. I had to ponder, for days, and to a lesser extent still do, what my reaction to the cops showing up at my door for my rifle would be. I have to now look at uprooting my life, my future plans, to get to a place that isn't here.

whatever you choose, hesitation kills

This was my very first thought when i first saw this thread. The AG demonized the manufactures saying they purposely worked around the ban. We know they worked with the ban at the time.

Healey's letter clearly implied the manufacturers have been intentionally breaking Massachusetts law for 18 years. They pretty much have to respond.

Healey's letter clearly implied the manufacturers have been intentionally breaking Massachusetts law for 18 years. They pretty much have to respond.

And, the left-wing Statists claim to not be anti-2A (as in Individuals), but anti-Gun Lobby. They are anticipating a Hildog win and starting to characterize certain Individuals as extreme (ie, the ones who want to own semi-auto Modern Sporting Rifles).

She assaulted their corporate reputations in addition to their livelihood.

Well, being a small retailer, I am in with NSSF for 3 years. Finally someone is stepping up to the plate. GOAL seems to be in lockstep, and as out of touch with reality as, the NRA, who will not see my renewal this year (the hell with their Chinese hats too). COMM2A is oddly silent but I will probably send them funds as they do good work.

I'm afraid this is going to be a long, expensive and uphill battle, but when it comes to legal challenges it's all about who's got the most resources, and right now it looks like NSSF is in the lead with the talent and the $$. The more we all pitch in the more other retailers and manufacturers will pitch in.

If this is allowed to stand then look for this to be the model for the soon to be resurrected AWB. I just have a bad feeling...
These are dark days for law abiding gun owners, the Second Amendment, and for all of us here in MA.

COMM2A is oddly silent but I will probably send them funds as they do good work.
Not oddly.

We do not report on strategy sessions; meeting with other orgs; etc. until we take an action. All part of managing the battle.

Not oddly.

We do not report on strategy sessions; meeting with other orgs; etc. until we take an action. All part of managing the battle.
Exactly as it should be. You guys are doing awesome work and speaking for myself, you have my confidence and support. I know you're doing everything you can.

OK, help me out here. I'm applying for individual membership in NSSF. After the term of membership box, I check the boxes for Military, Shooting instructor, Hunting and Target Shooting and add text in each box describing my involvement. I have more than 15 characters in the text but when I hit Continue it keeps telling me to go back and fill out more info!!!!
I wanna join!
Thanks!

OK, help me out here. I'm applying for individual membership in NSSF. After the term of membership box, I check the boxes for Military, Shooting instructor, Hunting and Target Shooting and add text in each box describing my involvement. I have more than 15 characters in the text but when I hit Continue it keeps telling me to go back and fill out more info!!!!
I wanna join!
Thanks!

Just check what you think is the most important box and fill in there. Feel free to write about other interest in the same box. Good luck and thanks for joining...

The NSSF puts on the Shot Show. Is individual membership an acceptable credential to be allowed to by a ticket?

And, the left-wing Statists claim to not be anti-2A (as in Individuals), but anti-Gun Lobby. They are anticipating a Hildog win and starting to characterize certain Individuals as extreme (ie, the ones who want to own semi-auto Modern Sporting Rifles).

I heard yesterday on NPR, someone asked why nothing happened after Newtown, and the 'expert' said that our politicians are all scared of the NRA, that each politician who votes against guns, the NRA comes in and spends millions lobbying against that politician - saying the NRA spends billions of dollars lobbying.

They're so sure of themselves they literally have no idea what they're talking about. The most the NRA has ever spent on lobbying in one year was $3.5 million.

https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/clientsum.php?id=d000000082

The NRA is tiny compared to the antis' budget - Hillary spends that much in a day campaigning.

Not oddly.

Yup. We don't talk about what we're going to do or what we might do. There's no value in that. Our policy is to not make announcements until after an action has actually commenced and we'll abide by that strategy here as well.

I heard yesterday on NPR, someone asked why nothing happened after Newtown, and the 'expert' said that our politicians are all scared of the NRA, that each politician who votes against guns, the NRA comes in and spends millions lobbying against that politician - saying the NRA spends billions of dollars lobbying.

They're so sure of themselves they literally have no idea what they're talking about. The most the NRA has ever spent on lobbying in one year was $3.5 million.

https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/clientsum.php?id=d000000082

The NRA is tiny compared to the antis' budget - Hillary spends that much in a day campaigning.
That's part of the spin. The antis have pretty much learned not to attack their fellow American's. Instead they need a boogie man and that's where the NRA and 'gun lobby' come in. It's much more palatable to stand in opposition to a depersonalize industry lobby than to stand in opposition to a large number of your fellow citizens.

AG Healey says she's taking on gun manufactures and the media is eager to adopt this narrative. No, AG Healey is taking on gun owners, gun ownership and the Second Amendment.

Another example. As Clinton was getting ready to announce her VP choice, NPR ran down Tim Kaine's credentials including "standing up to the gun industry". No Tim Kaine stood up to Virginia's gun owners plain and simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. We don't talk about what we're going to do or what we might do. There's no value in that. Our policy is to not make announcements until after an action has actually commenced and we'll abide by that strategy here as well.

That's part of the spin. The antis have pretty much learned not to attack their fellow American's. Instead they need a boogie man and that's where the NRA and 'gun lobby' come in. It's much more palatable to stand in opposition to a depersonalize industry lobby than to stand in opposition to a large number of your fellow citizens.

AG Healey says she's taking on gun manufactures and the media is eager to adopt this narrative. No, AG Healey is taking on gun owners, gun ownership and the Second Amendment.

Another example. As Clinton was getting ready to announce her VP choice, NPR ran down Tim Kaine's credentials including "standing up to the gun industry". No Tim Kaine stood up to Virginia's gun owners plain and simple.

The NRA works because gun owners not only vote, they tend to be single issue voters.

The NSSF puts on the Shot Show. Is individual membership an acceptable credential to be allowed to by a ticket?

I agree. It doesn't even show "individual membership" in this chart from the NSSF site:

attachment.php

http://nssf.org/join/benefits.cfm

Attachments

• MemberBenefitChart.png
    MemberBenefitChart.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 226
You get to support legal action against the AG by the NSSF. (And a smile and a hearty hand shake.)

Sent from the Warlock Command Center

This is why I joined and will continue to support them. If you were unable to make the rally's and other events, I urge you to do the same.... I totally despise Maura Healey.

And I also donated to GOAL and Comm2A.

See last column on right.

That's a media membership, not an individual membership. Unaffiliated individual members are honorary only, they get no benefits.

"Individual members will not receive the benefits of NSSF member businesses (including research and literature discounts). This category is simply to show your support. In appreciation of your support, individual members will receive a special gift from the National Shooting Sports Foundation."

Back
Top Bottom