• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NSSF To File

I am thrilled to hear this and am cautiously optimistic. I don't expect that this will break the gates open, but it could be a solid first big shot. Even if they can crack the surface so the next one can wedge in a little deeper, it could be a help.

The NSSF lawsuit will fail.

Hedging bets, I see. Either you'll be happy because it worked, or you'll be right because it didn't.

Here is to hoping NSSF recognizes an uptick in membership and says "wait a minute, is this an untapped vein? "

Also, I recognize S&W will take a beating on some level for their support from the AG. Could this finally push them to say eff that to LEO sales in the state or move to la friendlier state like Maine where they have some mfg there already?

The NSSF lawsuit will fail.

Hey your right, guess of all us in MA might as well turn em in now right? why even bother trying? no use in having any hope right? by the way can I use your crystal ball to see who wins the presidency this election or maybe the winning powerball numbers as well?

Here is to hoping NSSF recognizes an uptick in membership and says "wait a minute, is this an untapped vein? "

Also, I recognize S&W will take a beating on some level for their support from the AG. Could this finally push them to say eff that to LEO sales in the state or move to la friendlier state like Maine where they have some mfg there already?

in the back of their minds S&W needed to keep an eye on it if it spreads out to other states then it will be more places who cant sell some of their products dont mind them being silent but they did speak with their wallets

Great news! How long will it take to see them in court?

They haven't filed anything yet. It could easily take several more months to complete their initial submission. I expect that no matter who wins, the other side will appeal. So I assume it will be at least a year before this is adjudicated.

That's exactly it. To borrow a metaphor from upthread, the NSSF realizes that if the Baker-Healey Ban stands an important beachhead will have been established for a national gun grab.

I wouldn't go that far- but the AGs bullshit here surely creates a precedent for antis to destroy shit in other anti states... and collectively that adds up to a lot of lost revenue, particularly if you threw a state like CA into the mix, which even with their shitty mc shit gun laws, draw a lot of water from the industry in terms of guns, ammo, accessory sales because of the size of the state.

-Mike

They haven't filed anything yet. It could easily take several more months to complete their initial submission. I expect that no matter who wins, the other side will appeal. So I assume it will be at least a year before this is adjudicated.
From following a number of cases around the country, I think it's at least a year for a district court decision. Depending how it goes, I could easily see it running 5 years plus in total.

Imagine motion for a PI in district that gets denied on some procedural crap.
It goes up to CA1, procedure crap gets reversed , remanded back to MADC.
MADC denies MPI.
Back up to CA1, denial of PI upheld.
Back to MADC for the merits.
Appealed to CA1 on the merits.
Reheard en banc in CA1
appealed to SCOTUS.

I wouldn't go that far- but the AGs bullshit here surely creates a precedent for antis to destroy shit in other anti states... and collectively that adds up to a lot of lost revenue, particularly if you threw a state like CA into the mix, which even with their shitty mc shit gun laws, draw a lot of water from the industry in terms of guns, ammo, accessory sales because of the size of the state.

-Mike

Mike, it was not too long ago when you were heaping vitriol and tinfoil on any number of commenters here for suggesting our gun rights in Massachusetts were threatened. I do believe the Baker-Healey Ban will be just the tip of the iceberg if Clinton is elected.

I threw my $135 to NSSF this morning. Let's hope their suit is the first of many.

Bravo!

Praying they know what they're doing and that they have brought in the right people for this.

From a PR perspective, I would think this would come across better representing individuals and gun shop owners rather than the industry. Hopefully all parties will be included somehow.

This was my very first thought when i first saw this thread. The AG demonized the manufactures saying they purposely worked around the ban. We know they worked with the ban at the time.
So the AG is now going to say that the manufactures are trying to fight this and it has nothing to do with what the citizens want.

Back
Top Bottom