• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NSSF To File

Read about the Draper v Coakley case. Our side was overflowing with talent, understanding, articulate arguments, etc. And please read the outcome.

Like it was yesterday, I remember when Harshfukburger did what he did. One day I could buy a new Glock, or Colt, or Springfield Armory pistol. The very next day, those same pistols were removed from view and/or marked LEO only.

Ive always supported Comm2A in their efforts. They've always had their ducks in a row. Just sayin', sometimes adding another set of fresh eyes can lead to a victory in this war of attrition.

There could be a dark side to this if HRC wins the election and the case eventually goes to SCOTUS. I'm sure a progressive-led SCOTUS would take this case in a heart beat to start the anti-gun agenda.

There could be a dark side to this if HRC wins the election and the case eventually goes to SCOTUS. I'm sure a progressive-led SCOTUS would take this case in a heart beat to start the anti-gun agenda.

Yeah, but the way things are right now, a Federal action like what happened in Mass, would be ignored by most of the states. I doubt very much the SCOTUS would want to see their judgement ignored. It's a very dangerous road that they probably wouldn't want to go down.

But it may be what this country needs.

Yeah, but the way things are right now, a Federal action like what happened in Mass, would be ignored by most of the states. I doubt very much the SCOTUS would want to see their judgement ignored. It's a very dangerous road that they probably wouldn't want to go down.

But it may be what this country needs.

Agree, but she wants "commonsense gun regulation" whatever that means. I'm sure that Healey also believes that her tyrannic edict was commonsense gun regulation.

Good news and good choice in attorney. Just joined for three years.

I believe that manufacturers know that this is a battle that must be won or other states will follow suit. The line has been drawn in the sand.

It might be expensive, but it would be nice if NSSF could get Alan Gura added to the legal team. He successfully argued both the Heller and McDonald cases in front of SCOTUS.

I don't want the AG using my tax money to defend her position and since she is a government employee she shouldn't take money from special interests groups either. I hope there is no money in the budget nor should they be allowed to shift funds from other programs.

I mean, it needed to happen,and it's good that it's happening but I wouldn't get too excited. This isn't clearly going to be a win for us, and could be absolutely disastrous if we lose. It's far too dangerous of a situation for me to feel good about any of this.

It's like our legal D-Day. If we succeed, we have our beachhead, and might be able to start taking ground. But if we lose, we're driven back into the sea, and drowned.

The NSSF lawsuit will fail.

You don't know what their standing is, haven't read the briefs, don't even know their arguments, but it's destined to fail?

Personally I have more faith in an effort at this level than I do in a local lawsuit. I still have no delusions that they are doing this for my altruistic reasons but I will gladly accept their help. Just keep your eyes open when you get in bed with a national lobby group.

When push comes to shove, they may make concessions at the state level to help them elsewhere. Their game plan is bigger than ours which isn't necessarily bad, just something to keep in mind.

At least somebody nationally seems to recognize that this is the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:
The NSSF lawsuit will fail.

5itx1M4.jpg

I don't want the AG using my tax money to defend her position and since she is a government employee she shouldn't take money from special interests groups either. I hope there is no money in the budget nor should they be allowed to shift funds from other programs.

The governor can control her funding. I would write him and tell him that you don't want your tax dollars being used to defend rogue unconstitutional actions.

Call and write today!

At least somebody nationally seems to recognize that this is the tip of the iceberg.

That's exactly it. To borrow a metaphor from upthread, the NSSF realizes that if the Baker-Healey Ban stands an important beachhead will have been established for a national gun grab.

Back
Top Bottom