• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NSSF To File

NSSF has retained Michael Sullivan of the Ashcroft Law Firm, who is a former United States Attorney for the District of Massachusetts and former acting director, U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and the Boston-based law firm of Kenney and Sams, P.C.

^ this guy should ****ing know, right? But maybe the personage of the attorney will actually allow this to get some real consideration by the judge before she rules against it because, "guns."

Well I just hope NSSF gets their ducks-in-a-row and prioritizes strategy over an emotional desire for victory. As we have learned in the past, sometimes taking cases can work against us. In an area with no case law it may be formed unintentionally by the pro-2A community. Another one of the many traps setup by our wonderful legal system designed to snatch up freedoms.

If they are able to comment, I would be interested to hear how the Comm2A folks feel about this. I hope NSSF involves the expertise of Comm2A if they plan on pursuing legal action in the commonwealth. One of the major legal mistakes is when out-of-MA groups assume their fair-play rules apply here.

This may also explain why S&W donated $$ to NSSF.

Last edited:
I am glad that S&W donated the money, but I am forever confused on which side S&W is on, sometimes they are for the state, and sometimes against. I am sure or hope over time they will be able to figure it out.

Dean

Well I just hope NSSF gets their ducks-in-a-row and prioritizes strategy over an emotional desire for victory. As we have learned in the past, sometimes taking cases can work against us should. In an area with no case law it may be formed unintentionally by the pro-2A community. Another one of the many traps setup by our wonderful legal system designed to snatch up freedoms.

If they are able to comment, I would be interested to hear how the Comm2A folks feel about this. I hope NSSF involves the expertise of Comm2A if they plan on pursuing legal action in the commonwealth. One of the major legal mistakes is when out-of-MA groups assume their fair-play rules apply here.

I'm hoping S&W--who should know the courts here don't play fair--is part of the driving force here. Either way, I think the choice in attorney to represent them was a pretty good move credential-wise.

Bravo!

Praying they know what they're doing and that they have brought in the right people for this.

From a PR perspective, I would think this would come across better representing individuals and gun shop owners rather than the industry. Hopefully all parties will be included somehow.

Globe today reported that S&W donated $500,000 to NSSF.

It's funny how when George Soros donates millions to expand abortion or buy elections, well that's just freedom, but when a gun manufacturer appropriately uses the gun manufacturer's industry association to support and defend its business, well that is nefarious collusion.

Looks to be a good choice in attorney. Hopefully the MA courts will take this seriously and actually listen to the arguments.

Other active AWB states will follow Healey's strategy if there are no challenges. Hopefully this announcement keeps them frozen in the gun grabbing tracks for a while longer.

cf8ual.jpg

NICE! Finally get some big guns w/money on her ass. I wish S&W would issue a press release condemning Fraulein Healey's abuse of power.

Well I just hope NSSF gets their ducks-in-a-row and prioritizes strategy over an emotional desire for victory. As we have learned in the past, sometimes taking cases can work against us. In an area with no case law it may be formed unintentionally by the pro-2A community. Another one of the many traps setup by our wonderful legal system designed to snatch up freedoms.

Sometimes it's good to bring in in fresh talent.

Sometimes it's good to bring in in fresh talent.

When it comes to a gun topic in a MA court, talent is nearly irrelevant. Many of them are doomed by our corrupt judges before anyone even speaks. The judges' best friend is the AG, and vice-versa. Read about the Draper v Coakley case. Our side was overflowing with talent, understanding, articulate arguments, etc. And please read the outcome. Why? because gun.

In medicine there is a concept of "first do no harm". Comm2A understands this. Let's just hope NSSF does too.

We can all get our pants wet about NSSF trying to take a legal bite at the AWB issue, but then let's not criticize them if it backfires. We must support these efforts on merit not outcome. Hopefully all your enthusiastic types can understand this.

For all we no Comm2A is party to this action. Or it may be that they have discussed and NSSF is fighting for the dealers and manufacturers side and Comm2A will make its own action for the little people. I am sure they have communicated in some way.

Back
Top Bottom