• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA Convention Faces Liquor License Problem

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Members want to be able to carry weapons at Phoenix gathering

PHOENIX - Phoenix Convention Center officials want state officials to suspend their liquor license — but only in part of the building — so National Rifle Association conventioneers can carry and exhibit guns.

Arizona state law bars people from carrying weapons in venues where liquor is served.

But the downtown Phoenix convention center's catering company wants to serve alcohol at next week's national convention.

It wants the partial license suspension so liquor service could be limited to areas where receptions or banquets are held and where people could check their weapons.

That would allow gun owners to have firearms elsewhere in the sprawling complex.

Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control spokeswoman Lee Hill calls the request unusual.

n845780149_2354966_5389.jpg

"Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control spokeswoman Lee Hill calls the request unusual. "

How strange that someone would question .gov? I thought we had moved past that phase?[laugh]

The one and only redeeming virture of a Mass Class A Unrestricted LTC ...is that with several exceptions, if you are fortunate enough to possess one, you can carry just about anywhere.

Mark056

Last edited:
well that definitely sucks... and my buddy in AZ gives me a hard time about the laws here. at least i can now fire back with: "AT LEAST I CAN CARRY AT DINNER! BOOYEAAHHHHH!"

A friend down in VA tells me that concealed carry in bars or restaurants that serve alcohol is a no no, but you can enter if you open carry...

Things that make you ummm....

The one and only redeeming virture of a Mass Class A Unrestricted LTC ...is that with several exceptions, if you are fortunate enough to possess one, you can carry just about anywhere.

Mark056

No kidding.

Still it baffles me that the NRA would even consider holding a member function in a "gun free zone."

Back
Top Bottom