• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA Caves on Bump Stocks

“The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations,” the NRA said in a written statement.
Oh...

If you are an organization that constantly points to the NFA as evidence that ARs are not full auto, you kind of have to say this to maintain credibility. Its the reality of the situation.

Mike

If you are an organization that constantly points to the NFA as evidence that ARs are not full auto, you kind of have to say this to maintain credibility. Its the reality of the situation.

Mike

I think there’s a philosophical argument to be made along those lines, but I think the NRA is a political, not philosophical organization and I think they’re on the wrong side of politics here. Maybe they’re hoping it will defuse some of the Lib NRA hate, but politically they’re dead wrong.

Mike

Why?

It requires the shooter to maintain preessure in two directions with two hands

A firearm equipt with a BF stock still only shoots one round with each depression of the trigger

****ing NRA will never get a cent of my money going forward.

Goodbye you quisling pieces of shit.

Also, you guys ditching support for the NRA are making a huge mistake. Maybe they made the wrong political decision here, maybe they didn't, but they need our support. Cutting off your nose to spite your face is not something helpful here.

I have a lot of gripes with the NRA, but there power, which is almost entirely in their membership, has done a TON for us in recent years.

Mike

I think there’s a philosophical argument to be made along those lines, but I think the NRA is a political, not philosophical organization and I think they’re on the wrong side of politics here. Maybe they’re hoping it will defuse some of the Lib NRA hate, but politically they’re dead wrong.

I think it was calculated, to keep it out of Congress and have it be an election issue. Basically, they are saying that there already is the legal regulatory body in place, the ATF, to handle this, and there is no need for more laws.

Not that I'm happy that the NRA is telling the ATF to regulate anything, but they are trying to keep this from being an election issue.

Why?

It requires the shooter to maintain preessure in two directions with two hands

A firearm equipt with a BF stock still only shoots one round with each depression of the trigger

Which clearly skirts the intent of the NFA. The ATF agrees with your reasoning, as do I, but its also easy to say the legislative intent wouldn't have allowed for bump stocks, the NRA is fine with (and always points to the NFA when comparing to ARs) clearing that up to roll these under NFA.

Mike

Which clearly skirts the intent of the NFA. The ATF agrees with your reasoning, as do I, but its also easy to say the legislative intent wouldn't have allowed for bump stocks, the NRA is fine with (and always points to the NFA when comparing to ARs) clearing that up to roll these under NFA.

Mike

CA/MA compliant ARs skirt the intent of the AWBs - I assume you’re against those as well.

CA/MA compliant ARs skirt the intent of the AWBs - I assume you’re against those as well.

That's not what is being discussed though. When you are a political organization, you need to be consistent. When people are always attacking ARs as assault rifles, and the NRA constantly has to compare them to M16s/M4s, which are covered under the NFA, then arguing that devices that essentially skirt the NFA should be allowed is self-defeating. It's politics.

I think MGs should be much easier to get. I don't have a huge issue with a novelty item being sacrificed if it is necessary for the greater political standing of an important organization.

Those of you who think the NRA should be advocating for and only supporting absolute repeal of all gun laws, that's what other gun rights orgs are for. The NRA has to maneuver in the real world, and if you think you leaving them to tell them how pissed you are is helpful, you're sadly mistaken and shooting us collectively in the foot. Don't like it, remain a member and vote for the board members or run yourself.

Mike

Mike

It doesnt "SKIRT" it

NFA just doesnt apply which is why ATF approved.

The argument you present is like the left calling tax cuts a "Cost"......

It skirts it because its not covered by statute but allows for a substantially similar effect in certain circumstances. Call it what you want, if you are arguing the AR isn't full auto, and a product exists which allows for virtually the same rate of fire, its not logically consistent for the NRA to take a position that these are fine, and hurts their overall position.

Mike

And here come the NRA bashing dooshbags right on cue. You clowns will pour money and praise on Comm2A and GOAL, while heaping scorn on the NRA.

GOAL and Comm2A are fine organizations, but they are in reality just 2 dudes with buckets trying to keep the titanic afloat. They ARE going to lose the war here in MA. Already have actually.

The NRA and its membership are the only real show in town and you retards continue to disregard them and outright bash them.

I bet you are the same group of clowns that show up in every Facebook thread and say "F*** Facebook! That's for millennial fags!" Congrats, you can now sit at the table with the cool kids while the school burns down .

Also, you guys ditching support for the NRA are making a huge mistake. Maybe they made the wrong political decision here, maybe they didn't, but they need our support. Cutting off your nose to spite your face is not something helpful here.

I have a lot of gripes with the NRA, but there power, which is almost entirely in their membership, has done a TON for us in recent years.

Mike

not ditching my support, I'm a life member and still will donate- just expressing my frustrations.

Fact is the NRA removed itself from Massachusetts a very long time ago. Fast forward to today and they just pissed off a lot of members throughout the country who now get to feel like I did many years back. Hardly a way to be helpful to your membership base. Then again perhaps the people who own these BS weren't members in the first place. Who knows.

Now lets see what happens with the Hi Cap magazine issue. As we are seeing there is a lot of talk about mags. Will the NRA further piss off the membership again?

Your MA governor says he'll sign a state ban on the stocks too.

Emotional phucktards have no business holding office...anywhere.

Paraphrase to a poem about Nazi Germany.

First they came for the bump stocks and I did not care as I did not use one or own one, or was just a hunter fudd. ect, ect, ect And they came for all the guns with a sentence of death if you did not turn them in.

Paraphrase to a poem about Nazi Germany.

First they came for the bump stocks and I did not care as I did not use one or own one, or was just a hunter fudd. ect, ect, ect And they came for all the guns with a sentence of death if you did not turn them in.

The ranks will be thin when the time comes to put up or shut up. And that day is fast approaching.

Worse are the THEY who would carry out the confiscation.

H
I may be in the minority on this thread but I see this as a strategic move by the NRA.

Basically this. Taking a stand on Bump Stocks was a lose/lose battle. As I said in another post Bump Fire Stocks are done, kaput. Fight to save them will do nothing but hurt the NRA and any pro-gun organization that tries to defend them. Even GOAL is distancing themselves from it. This is a major chess match and you have to let a rook die (rook = bump stock) to save the queen.

To not support the NRA or GOAL or any pro-gun group over this is very short sighted and only will hurt us more in the long run.

H

Basically this. Taking a stand on Bump Stocks was a lose/lose battle. As I said in another post Bump Fire Stocks are done, kaput. Fight to save them will do nothing but hurt the NRA and any pro-gun organization that tries to defend them. Even GOAL is distancing themselves from it. This is a major chess match and you have to let a rook die (rook = bump stock) to save the queen.

To not support the NRA or GOAL or any pro-gun group over this is very short sighted and only will hurt us more in the long run.

Where is the line in the sand? Replacement triggers? Semi-autos? They aren't going to stop trying to ban things. We will run out of things to give up at some point.

Back
Top Bottom