NRA Caves on Bump Stocks

When the audio of "machine gun fire" from 30 floors up was viewed/heard by the World, and it came out it was a modified AR, it was an easy decision for them. Bump fire stocks are not the hill to die on.

When the audio of "machine gun fire" from 30 floors up was viewed/heard by the World, and it came out it was a modified AR, it was an easy decision for them. Bump fire stocks are not the hill to die on.

I partly agree but I'll ask like a prior poster just did "Where is the line"?

Will they be calling for a ban on belt-loops? The NRA thinks throwing this bone to the left will improve their Q rating it won't. They want a complete ban on guns. This is as almost as cringe worthy was blaming video games for Sandy Hook.

Maybe the compromise will be Bump's become a NFA item, but I wouldn't count on it. Every time some ****er goes postal we're going to have to give up more shit.

People will choose their own hills, you choose yours.

Your same message could be spoken about any and every issue and eventually there's no more hills, just a flat wasteland of what used to be a mountain range of rights.

From the article:

"Bump stocks are legal and originally were intended to help people with limited hand mobility fire a semi-automatic without the individual trigger pulls required. They can fit over the rear shoulder-stock assembly on an automatic rifle..."

Why the hell would anyone install a bump-stock on an automatic rifle?

originally were intended to help people with limited hand mobility
Bullshit. There were originally made so people could have fun at the range.

As to the wooden stick - no way am I abusing any of my barrels with that rate of fire.

I partly agree but I'll ask like a prior poster just did "Where is the line"?

I think the line is fluid. Practically speaking, strategically giving up some ground to quell the leftist rallying cry that the NRA and it's white male members are terrorists are, especially with Trump in office, may be a good trade.

The fact is that the gun owner community has openly admitted for years that bump fires are impractical for hunting (although it would be a kick in the pants to go hog hunting with one), target shooting, home defense, and even tactical situations. That coupled with the years of education that semi-auto is not machine gun really creates a Catch-22 when you see a bump-fire AR used from 30 floors up.

The NRA basically diffused the left's argument that they are completely blind to practical reality, by sacrificing something that if you polled NRA members, would probably not be that important of an issue. Compromising principles, possibly. Savvy politics, you bet. But the left can't claim the NRA supports evil people doing evil things after this, and that is worth more than doing mag dumps in 3 seconds.

Would anyone be against having bump fire stocks go to the NFA for the release of silencers and SBRs from the NFA?

That would require members of Congress to be intelligent and good 'deal makers'. The GOP leadership likes to give away the store the second the media and the DNC leadership calls them mean names.

Back
Top Bottom