Not surprising: Justice Dept. to sue, seek injuction on Ariz. immigration law

I think it would be hilarious if the FED pushed the issue and Arizona Seceded from the union, became a sovereign nation (like the reservations) and required passports to enter. Funny thing is, I think it would only take one and you'd see it happen many times.

Racist feds harrass immigrants

Sue somebody.

DENVER – The federal government is rapidly expanding a program to identify illegal immigrants using fingerprints from arrests, drawing opposition from local authorities and advocates who argue the initiative amounts to an excessive dragnet.

The program has gotten less attention than Arizona's new immigration law, but it may end up having a bigger impact because of its potential to round up and deport so many immigrants nationwide.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_immigration_fingerprints

Sometimes I think that we should just open the Mexican border and install welcome signs. Then after that last one comes over, all freedom loving Americans should quickly go to Mexico and slam the border shut. I wouldn't mind starting all over again from scratch in that climate.

Somehow I think that our new country would develop an illegal alien problem again along our northern border.

Sometimes I think that we should just open the Mexican border and install welcome signs. Then after that last one comes over, all freedom loving Americans should quickly go to Mexico and slam the border shut. I wouldn't mind starting all over again from scratch in that climate.

Somehow I think that our new country would develop an illegal alien problem again along our northern border.

Be careful not to drink the water.

On hold until she can figure out if she can stand up to the Obama adminstration? Another judge afraid of a career ending move? WTF... It's either legal or not.

Federal Judge Blocks Arizona Illegal Immigrant Law

July 28, 2010

Developing ...

A federal judge on Wednesday granted a partial injunction requested by the federal government on the controversial Arizona immigration law, SB 1070.

U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton has blocked the portion of the law that requires police officers to determine the immigration status of a person detained or arrested.

She also struck down the section of law that makes it a crime if someone fails to carry immigration registration papers and the provision that makes it a crime for an illegal immigrant to seek or perform work.

In all, Bolton struck down four sections of the law, the ones that opponents called the most controversial parts. Bolton said she was putting those sections on hold until the courts resolve the issues.

Opponents say the law will lead to racial profiling and is trumped by federal immigration law.

This is BS - What is AZ supposed to do when our own government is basically allowing the problem to get worse. Where are the 1500 tropps the border was promised as well? This administration s^cks.

This is BS - What is AZ supposed to do when our own government is basically allowing the problem to get worse. Where are the 1500 tropps the border was promised as well? This administration s^cks.

Expand AZ's version of the Castle Doctrine to add "reasonible belief that the person was an illegal immigrant"?

I hope this injunction gets shot down so the police can do their jobs and be able to deport these criminals.

Regrettably this wouldn't be true even if there were no injunction.

Police can only detain and notify DHS on illegal status. It is up to DHS (in all cases) to deport! [thinking]

I think we'll find that DHS will be ORDERED to ignore the contacts and refuse to take custody of the illegals or just retrieve and release them per orders of the Big O or DOJ (from the Big O)!

There is no winning this battle, unfortunately. [rolleyes] [sad]

Well, if ICE doesnt want to take them, they could send them over the border themselves. If that doesnt work, I hear police depts have plenty of ammo for "Practice" they could use...

UPDATE - Supreme Court Casts Doubt On Obama's Claim

Supreme Court justices took a dim view of the Obama administration’s claim that it can stop Arizona from enforcing immigration laws, telling government lawyers during oral argument Wednesday that the state appears to want to push federal officials, not conflict with them.

The court was hearing arguments on Arizona’s immigration crackdown law, which requires police to check the immigration status of those they suspect are in the country illegally, and would also write new state penalties for illegal immigrants who try to apply for jobs.

The Obama administration has sued, arguing that those provisions conflict with the federal government’s role in setting immigration policy, but justices on both sides of the aisle struggled to understand that argument.

“It seems to me the federal government just doesn’t want to know who’s here illegally,” Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. said at one point...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/apr/25/supreme-court-casts-doubt-obamas-immigration-law-c/

Back
Top Bottom