Northshore Firearms Middleton, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided today to finally buy an sp101 3" .357 after considering it for far too long. I called about 10 stores looking for someone who had it in stock, and finally was told by the guys at Northshore Firearms that they had one in stock. I drove 45 minutes one-way through rush-hour traffic to get to their store before they closed, cash in hand, only to be told that they didn't have it. (They had a 2.25" .357 and a 3" .327.) I did get a brief apology, but it still sucked. Guys, people call first to avoid exactly what happened - a wasted trip. I know it was an honest mistake, but I don't think that I'll make the trip again now.

Just fyi - I was going to buy the gun, a locking case, some new grips, a gun-cleaning kit, and at least a case of rounds. ($800 or so?)

I decided today to finally buy an sp101 3" .357 after considering it for far too long. I called about 10 stores looking for someone who had it in stock, and finally was told by the guys at Northshore Firearms that they had one in stock. I drove 45 minutes one-way through rush-hour traffic to get to their store before they closed, cash in hand, only to be told that they didn't have it. (They had a 2.25" .357 and a 3" .327.) I did get a brief apology, but it still sucked. Guys, people call first to avoid exactly what happened - a wasted trip. I know it was an honest mistake, but I don't think that I'll make the trip again now.

Just fyi - I was going to buy the gun, a locking case, some new grips, a gun-cleaning kit, and at least a case of rounds. ($800 or so?)

Iraymond; I totally agree that it sucks...I would have felt the same as you do, there is no excuse for the mistake that the salesman made. If I had known at the time last night when this happened, I would of made amends somehow.
#1 I have already back ordered that gun, there are 2 types of that model and will PM you when one comes in. You can have it at cost,or
#2 You can have any firearm in the store at cost, at any time, and
#3 The sales person who misslead you has just used up 2 of his 3 strikes and your out policy.
Mike Sr.

Last edited:
Iraymond; I totally agree that it sucks...I would have felt the same as you do, there is no excuse for the mistake that the salesman made. If I had known at the time last night when this happened, I would of made amends somehow.
#1 I have already back ordered that gun, there are 2 types of that model and will PM you when one comes in. You can have it at cost,or
#2 You can have any firearm in the store at cost, at any time, and
#3 The sales person who misslead you has just used up 2 of his 3 strikes and your out policy.
Mike Sr.

Mike,

I very much appreciate your post. I couldn't ask for more in an apology and your (very generous) offer to make up for the mistake has definitely earned you a new customer. I'll be by this weekend at some point to see what else you guys have in stock.

Thanks again,
Larry

I bought a few items at NSF a few weeks ago, very helpful, very knowledgeable and seemed like a great bunch of guys. I will be sending my business there way as soon as I recoop from my week in Atlantic City gambling :(

2 guns in 2 days...I can't go on like this!! Mike adopt me!!

Was thinking about a 22 rifle for affordable plinking yesterday, handled everthing they had and my son steps up and buys a S&W M&P 15-22! While he is processing paperwork Mike Sr says he has something special I'll like...hands me a Winchester Model 1894 in 30-30 win. Wow, a little pitting, grime, obviously just not stored properly. A nice project gun...cheap money! I slept on it and was back this afternoon grabbing what will be a real keeper got some research to do on it to figure out when it was made, Mike said in the 60s also how to break it down to clean it up etc.

I just love having a friendly, reputable gun shop so close to home!

Purchased another gun from North Shore today. Superb shop, as always. Mike Sr. - you have a customer for life, thank you!

If you want to be treated with respect and deal with the most knowledgeable, friendly shop head up to North Shore Firearms. They didn't even mind having to duck for cover as my recoil spring went flying across the place... oops!

Just Picked up a SIG 556 from Mike Sr. Great shop, great guys, and great customer service.

fantastic group of guys! i shop everywhere, and keep ending up between there and collectors. even if i don't buy anything, i feelcomfortable hanging out and shooting the shit for a few! like hanging out with a bunch of old buddies!

My name is Joe D. I was at the shop with my fiance last weekend (Saturday). I purchased a Mossberg 500 tatical, ammo and a case.

Everyone in the store was beyond nice, they spent alot of time answering my newbie questions regarding the shotgun operation, cleaning, tearing it down and a ton of questions about ammo. They also talked to my fiance for at least 30 minutes to see if she was interested in anything. They explained the difference with the weight of the pistols, revolver vs semi, different calibers, different loads, concealment options, basic shooting tips etc... No one pressured me to buy anything for her but they really lit the spark in her mind.

I dealth with a gentleman around 6 feet tall with glasses and a shorter fellow that is an ex-fireman. I wish I asked for their names. A bunch of great guys, I know they are a store and there to make money but I really felt like everyone I dealt with enjoyed talking about the guns as much as they enjoyed selling them. When we left, my fiance said they store was awesome; we talked on the way home about getting her a license, taking the safety course as well as a self defense course then buying a carry pistol.

So far I've been to Four Seasons and North Shore Firearms..... gun stores in this state seem to be awesome.

I recently traded in my Sig 229 in 9mm for a Glock. Gave me a very fair price on my trade in and what I thought was a very good price on the Glock.

I dropped by last Friday and picked up some cleaning gear. I always enjoy going there. Friendly staff and you never know what may have just come in. I have been eyeing the safes but that will have to wait (the wife is on to me).

Of all the shops I frequent (Four Seasons, Collector's Gallery, Northshore Firearms) these guys are by far the nicest and most friendly, everytime I go in they are always willing to help and make everyone there feel comfortable- I also bought my M&P40c here at a great price

Thoughts on Northshore Firearms?

Just recently I had a pretty bad experience with them and wanted to see what others think of the store. Please weigh in with your experiences.

They know me by name or by sight. They go out of their way to accommodate me. They have opened a business 45 minutes closer to my area than 4 Seasons or Bobs Tactical. I like their store. But I do not grade it on whether or not they make every person they meet happy - only by personal experience.

This site being what it is , in a few posts , someone will be angry. Others will say the free coffee sucked or they were deeply offended by the horrible business practices ... or something.

I walked in there on Friday at lunch time. Said I am thinking of a 30 cal rifle and want to ask about the PTR91's. I also said up front I am not here to buy. Just info only. 2 guys helped me , when I said thanks and tried to hand it back , they went further and showed me how to strip it , talked about the quirks , and "cons" as well as the " pros."

If I go that way , I'll be buying from them.

Sucks you had a bad experience.

NSF typically is who I would shop first if I wanted something specific. Price/Customer Service/Location being the top 3 reasons.

Well, in a year I've dropped over $6k at Northshore. Two months ago I bought a Beretta shotgun from them because I couldn't find the Browning used I had been trying to locate for 6 months (they talked me into it, said I wouldn't find it). Two weeks later I ran across the Browning by accident. Never fired the Beretta, has everything that came with it, including the damn tags. They said all they could do was the standard 60%. To me, you don't treat your good customers like that. Carl at Four Seasons treats me much better and will now get ALL of my business.

they are cool to me.

one thing i refuse to do is become a fanboy of ONE gun store. it gets stale. even though four seasons is closest to me and has gotten the majority of my business - i do like to venture out and check other gun shops... you never know.

Northshore Firearms staff / owners are a decent bunch... it's NOT always crowded like other stores, so when shopping for a specific piece or ammo, it's good to go w/o having to wait in Line for 40 minutes... just like other stores, some will have issues while some will not.

-except for the Gun Room [rofl]

Just recently I had a pretty bad experience with them and wanted to see what others think of the store. Please weigh in with your experiences.

What happened?
Iv'e been there a couple of times & the Guys seemed nice to me. I like how they stock Dillon products in case I need something like extra primer tubes or a tool head.
Only little bump in the road I had was I asked for some 7.62 Nato ammo & the kid had no idea what it was. 7.62x51?--still no idea. I had to say .308 before he understood. No big deal I guess but something he should have known.

What happened?
Iv'e been there a couple of times & the Guys seemed nice to me. I like how they stock Dillon products in case I need something like extra primer tubes or a tool head.
Only little bump in the road I had was I asked for some 7.62 Nato ammo & the kid had no idea what it was. 7.62x51?--still no idea. I had to say .308 before he understood. No big deal I guess but something he should have known.

I posted a brief description of the problem above. They just seem expensive and very inflexible. To be treated the way I was after spending so much money there...I just was not happy at all. They lose out though, because I have a lot more things I need (getting into skeet and trap shooting now).

I have bought 2 firearms from them, transferred a lower and traded in a firearm as well as buying all kinds of assorted stuff. I have nothing but great things to say about the guys working there, the service, prices....overall a very good experience and I will be trying to buy all my stuff from them as well as sending a few friends there for their purchases.

I have no such complaints. A+++ shop. I'd go there more frequently if it wasn't so far away, and Four Seasons wasn't so close. Sometimes the extra drive time is made up for by not having to stand in line behind 18 other people.

I'm also a little unclear on why you're complaining. The fact that you call it a "standard 60%" makes it sound like a policy that you knew about when you bought the gun, and then expected to be exempted from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom