Northshore Firearms Middleton, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Shop, have an excellent staff that makes it a great experience wheather your just buying some ammo or making your first purchase. These guys will spend time with you and answer all your questions. Clean shop with tons of stuff. Plenty of parking and right off 114. stop in some time and check it out

HOLY CRAP! I wish I had the extra cash! I walked in to say hi and right there in front of me are 5 or 6 GSG 22s all lined up across the counter top. Then I realize the first one has a wood stock set on it and Mike Sr is hollering across the store for me to see what he just got in...GSG AK-47 style semi-autos in 22lr!!! One in a really nice wooden stock and one in a black set like the other GSGs. They are heavy, the quality appears to be awesome and the wood is nicer than alot of other wood I've seen around lately. What a fun plinker this has got to be [banana] !

Stopped in today to pick up my NES lower and had a complete opposite experience than my first visit. The guys were eager to break out anything I wanted to look at, and as usual I walked out with more than I went in for. They were polite, friendly, and didn't mind spending time with me even though I was just doing a transfer. I'll chock up my first visit to just a bad day.

I picked up the anniversary edition GSG-5 SD. I can't wait to shoot it.

Thanks guys. It was a real pleasure. I wish I'd had more time to look around. There seemed to be a considerable amount of extras than the typical gun shop. I'll browse them next time.

I have been going in to the shop several times now. I have to say that I have only been a gun owner since June and the folks at northshorefirearms have been awesome. I can go in and hang out with them even if I am not buying anything. I bought my ppk and my ruger 10/22 from them and I am very pleased. I did have to send my ppk out but they took care of everything for me. They are very knowledgeable, friendly and above all helpful with your buying experience. They will go above and beyond and get you what you need to make your experience as a gun owner a great experience. I will definitely buy from them again!

Picked up my lower today at Northshore Firearms. I've been in there about a 1/2 dozen times before to buy ammo etc. It's always a nice experience.
Today I had the pleasure of meeting a couple of fellow NESers. It's nice to be able to put some faces to the names. I'll be going back!!

I walked in there yesterday and the first thing I saw was a large box which said Dillon on it's side. It was a large media separator. I was just going to order one from MidwayUSA. Having a store that you can get hard to find reloading equipment like that at locally is great.

Every time I go there I find some thing I need in the reloading section. The last time was 4 Dillion primer sticks, with extra tips for $20..

Great store with a real good group of friendly guys working there.

Went here for the first time last night, they're close to me and though I have always had good experiences at FS it doesn't hurt to be familiar with more than one place.

Met Dench almost as soon as I walked in and walked out after spending a little more than I'd planned to. Found everyone to be very personable.

Very nice place, I went there for the first time the other day. Nice selection, plenty of ammo, nice friendly help, I will be back. Soon.

A little bit of a ride for me but well worth it. The folks behind the counter were extremely helpful and spent considerable time with me even though I just bought accessories. Plenty of powder and primers along with lots of Dillon equipment.

Quite a few black rifles and handguns to drool over and once the finances get organized I will be headed back there along with a couple other shops. I recommend visiting even to just hang around and shoot the bull.

Thanks to your staff

I work close to this establishment and when I purchased a pistol from out of state, I was nervous about how to proceed since I had not done this before.
The staff handled the transfer nicely and smoothly.......thanx guys.

Stopped by today and picked up some primers and powder. First time I have visited this shop; good supply of reloading equipment, guns and ammo. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable and a pleasure to do business with. I believe I will be a regular customer and recommend them to others.

Once again I was very pleased with my transactions at Northshore Firearms.
Guys were great, efficient, and as always take care of their customers.

A special thanks to Dench who was my sales rep. I appreciate the fine service.

New S&W 1911 is going to make me happy im sure

Last edited:
got there to check a new store about month ago.
Store looked good lots of nice toys. and they had what i was looking for - S&W M&P .40, price was right and sales guy was very nice until i asked to compare Glock 27 that they had for sale to M&P. I was told that since im not LEO i cannot even put my hand on any of Glock's for any reason. at first i assumed its a joke but sales guy were dead serious about it. So i left and I'll never comeback.
what a major turnoff... I would never go back. They lost a costumer.

Store looked good lots of nice toys. and they had what i was looking for - S&W M&P .40, price was right and sales guy was very nice until i asked to compare Glock 27 that they had for sale to M&P. I was told that since im not LEO i cannot even put my hand on any of Glock's for any reason. at first i assumed its a joke but sales guy were dead serious about it. So i left and I'll never comeback.

I guess I'm failing to see what your issue is?

LEO stands for Law Enforcement Officer, and you have said in your post that you are not an LEO. So why would you need to see a new Glock that is specifically for sale to a LEO only? NSF always has used preban Glocks for sale over in the used cabinet to the left when you enter. Those are what we NON-LEO people are allowed to touch and buy.

You said you found exactly what you were looking for, at a price that was very good, yet you didn't buy it?

I don't get it, I'm confused.

Yeah, your problem is with the state and not NSF. They would love to sell you anything you want but they can't. Letting you touch them means they have to hand them to you which if you really want to nitpick the law pretty much says they can't do that. Blame Beacon Hill.

Yeah, your problem is with the state and not NSF. They would love to sell you anything you want but they can't. Letting you touch them means they have to hand them to you which if you really want to nitpick the law pretty much says they can't do that. Blame Beacon Hill.

+1 Great guys at NSF. Take your beef up with the state, not them... sorry...

As other have stated, you can't pin this on them. The problem is we live in a state where it can be dictated what we can and cannot purchase arbitrarily.

It would be one thing if the rep was uncontentious from the get go.. the fact that you were happy to that point should make it apparent he didn't say that just for the purposes be a d-bag.

I have dealt with NSF several times, and consider it my 'home' shop. Everyone there is top notch, and if you have an issue, take it up with one of the Mike's, they'll do right for you.

Last edited:

I know the law and rules, I didnt want to buy a new LEO GLOCK from NSF... I never asked them to sell one to me. i just want to handle it to see how it fits my hand vs M&P and just want to see both guns one next to another one. there is nothing wrong with letting me handle Glock in the store. it just a bad customer. if they let me handle it it would be just a nice customer service courtesy just a +1 to NSF, but they decided not to.
So anyway I got both glock and M&P but not from NSF. it not my loss [smile]
may be it wasn't my day...

Last edited:
I know the law and rules, I didnt want to buy a new LEO GLOCK from NSF... I never asked them to sell one to me. i just want to handle it to see how it fits my hand vs M&P and just want to see both guns one next to another one. there is nothing wrong with letting me handle Glock in the store. it just a bad customer. if they let me handle it it would be just a nice customer service courtesy just a +1 to NSF, but they decided not to.
So anyway I got both glock and M&P but not from NSF. it not my loss [smile]
may be it wasn't my day...

Congrats on the new purchase, but I disagree with your reasoning for not giving them your business. Avoiding them in the future will definitely come to be your loss. Best of luck however.

I would advise not looking them over next time you are looking to make a purchase. And I believe they would be interested in hearing about this directly: [email protected] (Not sure if they check this thread)

Congrats on the new purchase, but I disagree with your reasoning for not giving them your business. Avoiding them in the future will definitely come to be your loss. Best of luck however.

I would advise not looking them over next time you are looking to make a purchase. And I believe they would be interested in hearing about this directly: [email protected] (Not sure if they check this thread)

everyone deserve 2nd chance... why not

Guys, let's not derail this thread with legal discussions. There's enough of that on the forum as it is. If you want to discuss whether or not a dealer can let a peon touch a handgun that they wouldn't be able to buy because of CMR940/MGL140 start a thread in MA gun laws about it. (actually I did, and it's here.... I moved a few posts into it, I feel it has enough legs to exist on its own merit... )

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1180307

This thread (that we're in now) is for reviews of the shop. If someone doesn't like their policies they can do one of two things:

A- deal with it (like most folks do, myself included)
B- shop elsewhere.

-Mike

Last edited:
I just got my LTC this past week. I live in Danvers. I found Northshore Firearms through this website. I stopped in as a COMPLETE noobie on guns and had some questions. I was treated with respect by 2 or 3 guys working there as well as what seemed to be a few of their 'regular' customers. Im sure being 'in the biz' they get asked all kinds of dumb questions and have to deal with idiots from time to time, being in retail. As stated above, I was treated very well and invited back anytime for anything I may need or even for just questions answered. I was very pleased with my interaction! When the time comes to buy, they will be my first stop.

So Big Mike who won the gun? at this point just pull a number as you may never sell all numbers....the drawing was a promo I am sure...well looks at last look at the list you sold all the numbers you are going to...eat the cost pull the number and be done with it...at this point you are just iritating people..all it gets you from this point is bad promo....

I went in here a couple of weekends ago with one of my friends who's a member of Danvers F&G. He was showing me his club, so he figured he'd show me the local gun shop too. North Shore Firearms was definitely pretty sweet. A great selection, fair prices, and all of the people I talked to were very friendly. I saw a couple of things that caught my eye, so I'm probably going to stop back sometime after the Christmas season to give them some business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom