No more private AR 'copycat'' transfers in MA?

How can any of this be done without going through the Legislature?
She has power. We do not. It is that simple. This is not about the rule of law, or right and wrong, but pure power.

She could ban the sale of dildos and vendors would not dare sell them until the legislators or courts interceded.

How can any of this be done without going through the Legislature? I don't see how she could possibly argue that this last bit she tagged on was ever part of the original AWB...

I simply don't understand how she can get away with overstepping all process and protocol. There must be a way for us to approach this from a legal standpoint. GOAL, NRA, what is our next move? Our wallets are out!

Is there a way we can petition someone to take a stand? Where are our representatives?

Steve

It "can be done" because dealers have bought into her bullshit and most haven't decided to try to call her bluff yet.

As far as the legal stuff, you need to pay a little more attention, the wheels have been slowly moving on that stuff since it started. NSSF is launching at least one lawsuit, possibly others in the mix/mill.

-Mike

How can any of this be done without going through the Legislature? I don't see how she could possibly argue that this last bit she tagged on was ever part of the original AWB...

I simply don't understand how she can get away with overstepping all process and protocol. There must be a way for us to approach this from a legal standpoint. GOAL, NRA, what is our next move? Our wallets are out!

Is there a way we can petition someone to take a stand? Where are our representatives?

Steve

She hasn't actually "done" anything. Going on 12 weeks now and it's all talk so far. Literally just an op ed in the Globe, a web FAQ, and contradictory statements to the media.

I don't get it. I'm a reasonable person and will make sacrifices for the greater good. But exactly how many people were shot and killed in Mass by "assault rifles" over the last five years by someone who LEGALLY possessed it. When politicians don't use statistics you know they are pushing their own agenda.

Last stat I recall seeing said that between '07 and '14, seven deaths in MA where a rifle was involved. I dont recall if those were all murders or if it included suicides and accidents.

She hasn't actually "done" anything. Going on 12 weeks now and it's all talk so far. Literally just an op ed in the Globe, a web FAQ, and contradictory statements to the media.

She hasn't put the cuffs on anyone, but she's had a heck of an impact on every FFL in the country and the gun owners living in MA.

F*ck her. I'll do what I want... I'll just follow the liberal motto - it's only a crime if you get caught... Dissent is the highest form of patriotism, and all that.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell that to the dealers with inventory they now can't sell...

Most gun owners in MA are like it only hurt some of us.
Those that did get hurt will just have to wait till the crowbar up their ass rots away till it doesn't exist anymore.
Then all is well![rolleyes]

F*ck her. I'll do what I want... I'll just follow the liberal motto - it's only a crime if you get caught... Dissent is the highest form of patriotism, and all that.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell that to the dealers with inventory they now can't sell...

My guess is that their inventory will sell quite quickly to FFL's in other states if HRC is elected, and in excess of your regular MA premium price to boot.

I said it in the locked thread spread out over several posts - I might as well put it here as well:

1) If you have all your stuff in one place - you are making a mistake

2) If you don't have one loaded and ready to go close at hand - you are making a mistake

3) If you are bending over backward to try an follow the 'law' - you are on a fools errand.

4) Know that given the proper climate, the door kicking starts - fact.

Decide what you are willing to do about the above now - not when you have seconds to decide.

In NY you are not a felon if you have a pre-2014? AR15, in MA you are a felon if you have ANY AR15.

Tell me again how NY is worse?
I believe NY requires the "no longer available" grandfathering papers on existing ARs.

If you move to MA with an EBR, get your LTC, and some cop notices it you'll most likely get "citizen, you papers appear to be in order." If you move to NY with an EBR and are caught you will be prosecuted if you can't produce no longer issued registration papers.

NY lists every handgun you may legally possess on your pistol permit. No loaning, or borrowing, between licensed users. It is a crime to possess a handgun not on the NY confiscation ready inventory. Despite reporting requirements, there is no crime in MA of "possession of an unregistered gun" - they have to prove someone failed to FA10 it when required.

- - - Updated - - -

We have only Civil Disobedience.
Yeah - try finding an FFL willing to civilly disobey.

Last edited:
I believe NY requires the "no longer available" grandfathering papers on existing ARs.

As long as "you" registered prior to the 2015 deadline, you're legal you just can't sell in-state. You can also have a "less killy" CA version of an AR15 in NY so long as it is not an AW under the law without registering.

So, I'm really trying hard to see how NY a state that ****ed people in the middle of the night but at least gave them lube is worse than MA who ****ed people in the middle of the night dry...

No matter what way you look at it, both states ****ed their residents...

You can still have pre-94 ARs and you can have pre-ban hi-caps. MA is terrible, but it's better than NY.

Still have them yes....but can't buy or sell one.
Am I wrong but Healey entire basis is every AR or AW on the list and it's clones or copies bought/sold/transfered in the commonwealth since 1998 was in fact a illegal purchase/sale/transfer as is any post 7/20.

How is this surprising to anyone?

You all know what to do...

55.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

I said it in the locked thread spread out over several posts - I might as well put it here as well:

2) If you don't have one loaded and ready to go close at hand - you are making a mistake

3) If you are bending over backward to try an follow the 'law' - you are on a fools errand.

Decide what you are willing to do about the above now - not when you have seconds to decide.

The next NES fishing and skeet shoot will be held 2.4 nautical miles southeast of Martha's Vinyard, BYOB.

Still have them yes....but can't buy or sell one.
Am I wrong but Healey entire basis is every AR or AW on the list and it's clones or copies bought/sold/transfered in the commonwealth since 1998 was in fact a illegal purchase/sale/transfer as is any post 7/20.

The weapons on the list, if manufactured before 1994, are legal to own and transfer and be sold by a dealer. Healy's edict does not effect them in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

The next NES fishing and skeet shoot will be held 2.4 nautical miles southeast of Martha's Vinyard, BYOB.

Did I ever mention my nickname in college was "butterfingers"?

It "can be done" because dealers have bought into her bullshit and most haven't decided to try to call her bluff yet.

As far as the legal stuff, you need to pay a little more attention, the wheels have been slowly moving on that stuff since it started. NSSF is launching at least one lawsuit, possibly others in the mix/mill.

-Mike
I can understand why they complied but what if all the FFL establishments in this state told Maura to get ****ed and kept selling ARS and AKS? What could Maura do then?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I can understand why they complied but what if all the FFL establishments in this state told Maura to get ****ed and kept selling ARS and AKS? What could Maura do then?

Tie them up in enough litigation to bankrupt them... Remember she has unlimited resources - the average FFL does not. That's how the power hungry in government can bully the little man around. They just keep that boot on your throat until you capitulate or die.

You really think they have the budget or fortitude to go home to home looking for our rifles? No. Maura and Co are not relying on confiscation by force. Maura is relying on law abiding citizens to follow her guidance and essentially create a situation where the next generation can't legally obtain these kinds of firearms; even from family members. That's how you dilute the importance of the 2nd amendment in future generations.

Last edited:
The AG has declared that dealers may not possess post 7/20 inventory, despite the fact that MGL specifically exempts state licensed dealers from the MA AW ban (I think it's in 129/131m), so we have already established she feels she can re-write the law to suit her preference.

The AG has declared that dealers may not possess post 7/20 inventory, despite the fact that MGL specifically exempts state licensed dealers from the MA AW ban (I think it's in 129/131m), so we have already established she feels she can re-write the law to suit her preference.

Good. If she was a little smarter she might have done this better. However, still may be an uphill battle of course.

Back
Top Bottom