No More Milsurps for 2006

USMA-82

NES Member
My name is Ken...

... and I'm a Milsurpaholic.

It's been one day since my last Milsurp purchase.

That's it! I'm done, done, done for the year! No more!

This addiction is way out of control, and the only way to handle it is to go cold turkey.

Yesterday Dennis K came out with his weekly sale email. When I saw the rifle I'd been lusting over for months, I knew it had to be mine. In five minutes, I received a "you GOT it."

It's already on the way, and should be here Thursday:

MK180.jpg

No more for me! This is it! No more this year! I paid way too much with money I don't have! Cold Turkey!

The bad part is that I'm going to have a HUGE list for January 1st, 2007.

I can hardly wait....

Like Lay's potato chips, no one can just buy one. That SMLE just followed me home from Marlboro. Really, I had NO intention of buying a rifle, just ammo. I really need an intervention.

Can you PM me with who Dennis K is?

Thanks,

Gary

Its a never ending story it just goes on and on and on don't it? We hit lulls inbetween but we seem to be rejuvenated when we come out of the lull ready to buy again. I went most of lastyear with no rifle purchases yup i got a few handguns but no rifles till christmas time and i been on a roll till now too. We don't need to completely stop we just need to tone it down a bit right? But i'm not too sure when?

Ya know I was just about to sign off and go back to work when I was home for my lunch break and I heard the click. I checked the mail and saw the "New Stuff for ....." new e-mail. I usually get a rapid heartbeat just from the header, especially when I have money to spend. This time I had no cash, let alone the $$$ Dennis was asking for that beauty. I don't wanna say the actual price in case your wife is reading these. [wink]
I wish there was a foreign rifle equivalent of the CMP where fair prices could get you a nice semi auto rifle.
Comrade's Marksmanship Program maybe where they could sell Russian SKS' for $150 to $200 and SVT40s for $400 to $500. [laugh]

No more Milsurrps for 2006

USMA-82 said:
My name is Ken...

It's been one day since my last Milsurp purchace

Yesterday Dennis K came out with his weekly sale email.

( " OK IM ONE TWO" )
My name is AL and its been two day,s since my last Phone Order for
somthing that i cant live without! i already have more than i need, BUT
not as many as i want!! SO Please HELP ME, HELP ME, Please (PM) Me
With the, Dennis K info!! E-Mail list info etc: Thank you and GOD Bless!!!

Take Care Sheriff Dudley s.a.s.s. #17925

I have to stop talking with you guys your a bad influence on my surplup disease. I just ordered "2" more swiss k31's.......I think these maybe my last ones maybe......Since i have the refinishing down pat now I figure why not get a few more. With nothing new insite yet i'll paly with the swiss miss's.

BTW; Nice SVT-40 Tokarev just make sure you adjust the gas valve to the ammo your using the lower setting the better. The two i had would cycle ok on the 1.3 setting. I was dumb i sold one a while back.

Hey BigBill:

Any clue on where to look for the other "stuff" to go with it now?

(... as Milsurps 4 Me says, "it's all about the accessories....")

I've seen that some folks use the sling for a Russian Psh41 submachine gun, which apparently works well, but it would be nice to find the RIGHT sling for the gun.

And the guy I bought this from seems to have the best price on a bayonet to go with it, but I'm not quite prepared to drop another $300 on that right now. A decent repro would be nice, though.

Any idea where to look?

I have the PPSH sling on my SVT. It is supposedly "correct". I haven't seen a repro bayo in a long time. The last repro I saw for sale went for well over $100. I see more originals.
My SVT was the first purchase I made on my C&R.
I need a better pic of it....
svta.jpg

Last edited:
Ya know... I have a friend who sends me DVDs of foreign war movies once in a while that he buys offline. One was called Come And See. It was all about the Finn war and starts off with this kid looking around for a rifle on the beach. He pulls an SVT40 sling and all out of the sand, brushes it off, cleans it up, and carries it throughout most of the movie.
This movie and Talvisota were suposeadly filmed using actual capture weapons. :::sigh::: Maybe I should go walk around the beaches of Finland.[smile]
On a serious note: You should check Numrich for a sling and any extra parts.

I can't wait until I no longer live in an apartment, I'll get a C&R then.
And then lose all my money... but hey...
Is it possible to get on this "magic list" and have the local gun store order something for me?
I also know someone with a C&R (also in NH) but I'm not entirely sure of the legalities in handing said weapon over to me afterward.

ts76 said:
I can't wait until I no longer live in an apartment, I'll get a C&R then.
And then lose all my money... but hey...
Is it possible to get on this "magic list" and have the local gun store order something for me?
I also know someone with a C&R (also in NH) but I'm not entirely sure of the legalities in handing said weapon over to me afterward.

They have a statement that says a FFL must be on file with them before they accept any order. If you've been PMed the link already, best thing to do is see if your local FFL dealer has his license on file with them already. Most of the time the "list" items are sold out 24 hours after being posted. You gotta jump on these quick. I've already missed a few rifles minutes after the list was sent.

USMA-82 said:
My name is Ken...

It's been one day since my last Milsurp purchase.

That's it! I'm done, done, done for the year! No more!

This addiction is way out of control, and the only way to handle it is to go cold turkey.

Yesterday Dennis K came out with his weekly sale email. When I saw the rifle I'd been lusting over for months, I knew it had to be mine. In five minutes, I received a "you GOT it."

It's already on the way, and should be here Thursday:

MK180.jpg

No more for me! This is it! No more this year! I paid way too much with money I don't have! Cold Turkey!

The bad part is that I'm going to have a HUGE list for January 1st, 2007.

I can hardly wait....

[rofl][laugh2][rofl][laugh2][rofl][laugh2][rofl][laugh2][rofl][laugh2][rofl][laugh2]

***WARNING****WARNING****WARNING*****WARNING*****

This correspondence is being duplicated and sent to all milsurp sites
at the request of the OP's spouse!

***WARNING****WARNING****WARNING*****WARNING*****

How do I know when I am a Milsurpaholic ?

Spent the last year searching for a nice M1 carbine, repeatedly telling myself I was going to demonstrate a great deal of self control, really did not NEED one, but will indulge myself this one time and that would be the only military surplus arm I needed and would get.

While looking for that one, along comes an edition of the magazine that comes with the NRA membership that had this interesting article about an FN49, must have re-read that article over 20 time already, now I find mysrlf checking auction sites for keyword FN49, is this the way it starts?

stosh said:
Spent the last year searching for a nice M1 carbine, repeatedly telling myself I was going to demonstrate a great deal of self control, really did not NEED one, but will indulge myself this one time and that would be the only military surplus arm I needed and would get.

While looking for that one, along comes an edition of the magazine that comes with the NRA membership that had this interesting article about an FN49, must have re-read that article over 20 time already, now I find mysrlf checking auction sites for keyword FN49, is this the way it starts?

Sometimes. It gets in full swing when you see something at a gunshow or store and regret not buying it later and finding out its gone by the time you realize you wanted/needed it. Then you REALLY start searching for one because you think you'll never find one again, especially when you find out the one you missed was either a great buy, or even fairly priced.
Then if you're like me (scouring a gun show practically power walking up and down the aisles looking for a certain rifle) you see something else that catches your eye and its too good to let go. But hey, thats another one to check off the list in my search for the ultimate collection.[wink]

What Milsurps said...

The thing you have to watch out for is the need to satisfy the craving immediately - especially after seeing a deal get away. You start looking everywhere for anything that comes even close. And the first one that comes along, you JUMP ON IT because there's no way you're going to let that one get away!

But the problem is, the one you buy on impulse may not be the best, cleanest, most original for the money that's out there. In your rush to grab the first one that comes along, you end up regretting the purchase when you start to see other, more reasonably priced examples the next day.

Of course, that inspires you to "do better on the next one" and the cycle continues......

And what milsurp rifle doesn't look GREAT with all the accessories, like bayonet, sling, cleaning rod, cleaning kit, muzzle protector, ammo pouches, etc.....

Then, you have to go out and buy or make all that military caliber ammo that few places stock, and you find yourself sprinting for the ammo table at the gun shows to grab up the one or two boxes of 6.5 x 55 Swede they might have with them.....

Then, one day, you look into your 8-gun safe and see 12 guns crammed in there and you're trying to figure how to make one more fit....

And you know - you are a Milsurpaholic.

Back
Top Bottom