• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No charges for "Meet the Press" host Gregory for displaying high-capacity magazine

lol, you can only laugh. I guess you can have it both ways.

In this case,
"Prosecuting would not serve the public's interest. This was a 1A demonstration"
and then when prosecuting your average citizen,
"Sorry, we're just doing our job, following orders. The law is the law and must be obeyed. 2A isn't that important anyways"

Last edited:
"The intent of the temporary possession and short display of the magazine was to promote the First Amendment purpose of informing an ongoing public debate about firearms policy in the United States"

"Officer, c'mon, you know I don't WANT this 15-round mag in my M&P. But I'm using it as a tool, to teach the public..."

Let's follow the 1st amendment, and NOT prosecute this violation of an infringement on the 2nd we instituted in the first place.... minor victory?

MILLER: If you’re not David Gregory …
D.C. prosecutes ordinary Americans for ‘high-capacity’ magazines

Mr. Brinkley believes the “Meet the Press” anchor is receiving special treatment because of his high-profile job. “I’m an average person,” Mr. Brinkley said in an exclusive interview with The Washington Times. “There seems to be a law for us and a law for the upper echelon.”

Wow, two worlds

No problem. So I guess "Prosecuting would not serve the public's interest. This was a 1A demonstration" would be a good defense once the ban goes into effect for us.

Gotcha.

Betcha that magazine shows up on GB next week for big bucks under seller name David_Gregory_Is_A_Dick [rofl]No reason that breaking the law shouldn't be profitable!

David Gregory is also a hypocrite. His kids go to the same school as the Messiah's do. The one that has 11 armed guards patrolling the hallways.

I'm shocked. Shocked.

CasablancaRenaultRick.jpg

In a letter to NBC's lawyer, D.C. Attorney General Irvin Nathan also said he recognized that the device was intended as a prop to provoke public discussion on gun control following the Connecticut school massacre.

"Influencing our judgment in this case, among other things, is our recognition that the intent of the temporary possession and short display of the magazine was to promote the First Amendment purpose of informing an ongoing public debate about firearms policy in the United States, especially while this subject was foremost in the minds of the public" after the shooting and President Barack Obama's address to the nation, the letter said.

I can't put into words how much contempt I have for people like this.

The city's office of attorney general, which handles low-level crimes, said criminal charges wouldn't serve the public's best interests

So Felonies are low level crimes now, awesome

As I said before, a few thousand citizens marching through DC waving hi cap mags would get national attention, put the MPD in a tough position of explaining how some citizens are prosecuted and others not, and demonstrate the hypocrisy of those in power.

If i went on youtube in front of the MA welcome sign holding a 30-round mag, I guarantee someone would be knocking (kicking in)on my front door. Double standards really get under my skin.

If i went on youtube in front of the MA welcome sign holding a 30-round mag, I guarantee someone would be knocking (kicking in)on my front door. Double standards really get under my skin.

Actually, I may do that before too long....and I might even step across the MA border with it in my hand...hmmmm, when am I
headed south next time

Do it, lets see. I'm behind you all the way, unless you get arrested. In which case I'm at home.

Hang a shiney new, post ban, "30" from your rear view mirror. If a cop asks, just tell him it's prop and you use it as a symbol of your pro-gun attitude, not to shoot with. You should be good to go.

If he truly believed hi cap mags were truly that evil he would not even touch it! Who is he kidding he wants it for himself just as the liberals do. Back in '94 all the libs were invited to shoot evil "assault weapons". It was almost impossible to contain their large smiles as they came to the microphones to tell Americans how dangerous these were and how they needed to be banned.

Disgusting. DC arrested 105 people for large capacity magazine "violations", IIRC, and most of them got screwed. This is just wrong. The only interest they are all serving is their own.

Disgusting. DC arrested 105 people for large capacity magazine "violations", IIRC, and most of them got screwed. This is just wrong. The only interest they are all serving is their own.

Celebrity
Rich
Famous
Politician
"connected"

All of the above separate you from the rest of the pigs. "Some pigs are more equal than others."

People's eyes are opening. Anyone hear Matt Light on WAAF this morning? He is a "prepper" and ready to start speaking his mind.

TICK TOCK.

Back
Top Bottom