No CC on the Boston Common?

How about this: if they catch one guy CCW, we all take off out jacket and proclaim 'We all CCW!'

Hilarity will ensue.

As mentioned in an earlier post there is a specific regulation barring it, they made note of it at the earlier rally there. Also there will be plenty of police so bringing it and thinking you wont be noticed is not a good idea, because if you are picked up it will reflect bad on Goal (not to mention other gun owners). I just lock mine up in may car in my mobile gun safe. Also there is likely to be some plants at this one who will try and get some reaction from the crowd and while my first reaction would be to quiet him quickly, best is to just ignore. Hope to see big numbers there, I know its during the week and some cant get it off.

In addition to the $20 fine, good luck getting your piece back from them after the storage fees.
Bonded warehouses are not used for evidence guns, so the concept of storage fees does not apply. What is more relevant, and expensive, is "We're not giving this back until a court tells us to and maybe not even then".

Good point, Rob. Bottom line is, most of the time when the cops take your gun for any reason it seems to be difficult to get it back from what I understand.

I'll bet that there were hundreds of violations at the GOAL Rally back in 1999 there and nobody ever told us about this BS rule. But back then anyone could walk into or thru the State House with no hassle. I did this 2 nights a week for 3 years going to grad school at Suffolk University - it was a short-cut to the Common and the T and we didn't have to go thru any sort of security at all.

Since the most good will be to go into the State House and meet with your Rep/Sen so they know that we were there and why we were there, this means leaving everything (all guns, knives, OC, and any sharp wit) at home or in your car (secured). PITA for sure.

If it wasn't for the State House security issue, I wouldn't give a second thought to the Boston rule about the Commons! But that is just me.

Because of this:
Park Rules & Regulations | City of Boston

Keep in mind that no one carrying can go into the statehouse either...

As to why hold the rally there, it is a question of logistics - it needs to be public and outdoors yet handle the crowd and be close to the State House.

Yes, it blows that we cannot exercise our right of free expression without infringement of 2A, but this is why we need to rally (one of many reasons).

OMG, that list of forbidden rules is a riot! Aside from the firearms I think I've seen every one of them violated. About the boarding rule, i saw a guy make a huge snow jump right in front of the state house and jump it with a snow board. too funny.

people drink and smoke weed all the time in the park. I've watched park police watch bums take a piss and do nothing.

Under normal circumstances I doubt anyone would have a problem carrying concealed unless they draw attention to themselves otherwise. During a 2A rally I suppose they could decide to bust balls and stop and frisk but they might start a riot. Last rally went really well though.

Last edited:
No CC! Well that just stinks. I always have carried there never realizing the rule, But I guess 48 years ago there was no rule about a gang of 10 "gentlemen" from west of downtown from reliving me and my 2 companions of all our money at knife point. We did not carry big knives or guns, had no way to even up so we took our hit and lived. As a lot of others who grew up in the city know it can be a dangerous place and the parks, Boston Common should not be no CC area's, some of us need the help of an equalizer, mine are Smith and Wesson and Beretta, hate leaving them locked up.

Back
Top Bottom