Night Vision Massachusetts ?

What is the issue with Night Vision in Massachusetts or is every retailer afraid of Martha

The Sportsmans Guide

FLIR HS-324 Patrol 19 mm Thermal Imaging System

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: You must be 18 or older to purchase Night Vision. This product cannot be shipped to D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Night Vision cannot be shipped Parcel Post. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Night Vision.

They gave night vision goggles away with a special edition purchase of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 I remember seeing them at Bestbuy last year around this time, although I am sure they weren't truly authentic or really nice due to the price of the game with the goggles being north of 150 bucks. I have never seen in person or handled night vision goggles so I am ignorant. But I wonder if that one slipped by Choakley

Yeah I was going to say, I've seen multiple vendors selling night vision bi and monoculars right here in MA (army navy stores have em)

Thermal imaging optics would be the balls. Group buy.

What is the issue with Night Vision in Massachusetts or is every retailer afraid of Martha

The Sportsmans Guide

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: You must be 18 or older to purchase Night Vision. This product cannot be shipped to D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Night Vision cannot be shipped Parcel Post. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Night Vision.

There's your problem right there.

It's not the night vision that is the problem. It the person who is the state's Attorney General. This person has forced many catalog retailers to sign a form/letter saying that they will not ship firearms to a Mass. address. If they don't sign, any firearm they ship to Mass. will result in being fined $5,000/day/item.

So these catalog retailers have made blanket policy for anything connected to firearms will not be shipped to MA or any state with restriction. This would be a good time for you and others to read the thread by Jim regarding resourses to help on find a job & house in NH.

Its not illegal to my knowledge (maybe to hunt with). BTW, that is a thermal optic, not night vision.

Mike

You are correct Sir I was looking at night vision and then I looked at FLIR and copied the FLIR page. I did not find anything in the hunting abstracts on it's use.

Sportsmans guide is a bunch of pansies. They won't ship anything into MA that is remotely gun related. Even knives that say "winchester" on them. (which you can find at your local wal mart). I think they probably signed a consent decree enema with the AG's office saying that if it's not something a moonbat would ever buy you're not allowed to sell it into MA. [laugh] Cheaper than dirt is the same way. Those catalogs are useful for starting fires, much like the boston globe.... that's about it.

-Mike

Those catalogs are useful for starting fires, much like the boston globe.... that's about it.

Come on, that's not true. They're also good for housebreaking puppies.

If the laws are vague some vendors are not going to take a chance, they are scared of Martha.

No laws about that stuff at all. Scared of the AG is the correct answer.

I automatically throw the Sportsman's Guide rag sheet in the trash . They've refused to ship most items to Ma. for years now.

Correct. They were amongst the first victims of an insane AG and their visceral reaction was that if anything has any connections with the firearms industry, they won't ship to MA! I KNOW that they refuse to ship empty gun cases with the logo "Glock" on it to MA. I'm certain that if someone wanted to buy panties or a halter top that had the Glock logo on it, that they would refuse to ship them to MA!

SG catalogs are indeed only good for fire-starter material, and even at that they are likely to stink up the room.

It's not the night vision that is the problem. It the person who is the state's Attorney General. This person has forced many catalog retailers to sign a form/letter saying that they will not ship firearms to a Mass. address. If they don't sign, any firearm they ship to Mass. will result in being fined $5,000/day/item.

So these catalog retailers have made blanket policy for anything connected to firearms will not be shipped to MA or any state with restriction. This would be a good time for you and others to read the thread by Jim regarding resourses to help on find a job & house in NH.

Yup. But having read one or two of those "consent decrees", nothing implied that night vision, empty gun cases, panties or T-shirts were forbidden in MA! That's the over-reaction of equally insane people at the merchant level.

Would it be illegal to ship a pre-ban AR-15 to Massachusetts? This would be a private sale being shipped to and processed by a local dealer.

Would it be illegal to ship a pre-ban AR-15 to Massachusetts? This would be a private sale being shipped to and processed by a local dealer.

No, it's not illegal- just clear it with the MA FFL ahead of time. Some of them get pissy about inbound transfers of certain guns, etc.

-Mike

The Sportsmans Guide

Just a quick note...did you try the "easy solution" just run FLIR HS-324 Patrol 19 mm Thermal Imaging System through google...you will come up with more than a few other retailers selling it...

Just another FYI...$5000 is a decent price for thermal systems, but if all you want is night vision, you can get REAL NICE gen3 night vision for well under $5K

Sportsmans guide is a bunch of pansies. They won't ship anything into MA that is remotely gun related.
Yup. Which is one of the reasons that I wonder why they still keep sending me catalogs. I don't think I've ever bought anything from them and anything that I might want to buy from them they won't sell to me. Pointless waste of paper.

That said, Sportsman's Guide is pretty pathetic to begin with. Too bad I don't have a bird cage to line.

Pay attention carefully. Here's how it works:
  1. Vendor #1 sells ammo to somebody working for the AG's office without checking for a valid FID or LTC.
  2. The AG's Office threatens to charge Vendor #1 with illegal ammo sales, thus putting their FFL in jeopardy.
  3. AG offers to drop the charges in return for a fine and a consent decree.
  4. Vendor #1, wanting to continue in business, gladly accepts the offer.
  5. The consent decree not only prohibits ammunition sales (regardless of whether the buyer shows an FID/LTC or not), but also prohibits sales of other perfectly legal items, e.g., gun cleaning kits, some gun cases, night vision devices.
  6. Vendor #1 correctly states that he cannot legally ship these items to Massachusetts.
  7. Vendor #2 reads Vendor #1's restrictions and, rather than spending the time and money to have an attorney investigate Massachusett's laws and regulations carefully, follows Vendor #1's lead.
  8. Soon, all but a very few vendors are convinced that gun cleaning is illegal in Massachusetts and refuse to sell Hoppe's #9 to anyone with either a billing or shipping address in Massachusetts.
  9. People on NorthEastShooters bitch and moan.
  10. The AG sits back and laughs.

Ken

They gave night vision goggles away with a special edition purchase of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 I remember seeing them at Bestbuy last year around this time, although I am sure they weren't truly authentic or really nice due to the price of the game with the goggles being north of 150 bucks. I have never seen in person or handled night vision goggles so I am ignorant. But I wonder if that one slipped by Choakley

I got my night vision goggles with my Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Special edition and they work up to about 50 feet,,,,awesome to use when you want to scare the girlfriend,,,I love my night vision goggles great conversation starter...........umm why do you have those....o i used them on some Black ops hahaha

Pay attention carefully. Here's how it works:
  1. Vendor #1 sells ammo to somebody working for the AG's office without checking for a valid FID or LTC.
  2. The AG's Office threatens to charge Vendor #1 with illegal ammo sales, thus putting their FFL in jeopardy.
  3. AG offers to drop the charges in return for a fine and a consent decree.
  4. Vendor #1, wanting to continue in business, gladly accepts the offer.
  5. The consent decree not only prohibits ammunition sales (regardless of whether the buyer shows an FID/LTC or not), but also prohibits sales of other perfectly legal items, e.g., gun cleaning kits, some gun cases, night vision devices.
  6. Vendor #1 correctly states that he cannot legally ship these items to Massachusetts.
  7. Vendor #2 reads Vendor #1's restrictions and, rather than spending the time and money to have an attorney investigate Massachusett's laws and regulations carefully, follows Vendor #1's lead.
  8. Soon, all but a very few vendors are convinced that gun cleaning is illegal in Massachusetts and refuse to sell Hoppe's #9 to anyone with either a billing or shipping address in Massachusetts.
  9. People on NorthEastShooters bitch and moan.
  10. The AG sits back and laughs.

Ken

Nailed it
+1 [smile] for the post, but [sad] for this state

In the time it takes to moan about sportsmans guide not shipping things to MA here, we all could have driven to Cabelas north or south and been home with nightvision in time for dinner with time to post it in the new acquisition thread. The extra $20 in gas would be well spent and you would still probably spend the same amount as the guide after they rape you on shipping.

I've seen NV stuff for sale in Costco's over the years. Usually in the area with sporting goods to the back of the store.

I know nothing about these products but here are some (that probably will ship to MA):

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=133435&navAction=#desc

BJs used to have them, but I don't see it listed any more. BTW, don't Google Night+vision+bjs! [wink]

BJs used to have them, but I don't see it listed any more. BTW, don't Google Night+vision+bjs! [wink]

LOL...Reminds me of the older lady that stopped into The Lodge looking for a specific piece of camo for her husband.We didn't have it and I suggested she try online. She said: "I'm not trying that again dear, I went to dicks.com and got quite the eye full"... LOL..."she said eye full huhuhuhuh" [smile]

As to Sportsman's Guide, there's plenty of reasons not to shop with them. Namely their prices suck and they lack integrity. Years before the whole MA thing, I bought some Croatian camo shoulder bags and other gear from them. They advertised them as in excellent condition. They weren't - one was totally saturated with dried blood and the rest stank to high heaven. I sent them back and gave up trying to get a refund.

As a side note, if I were an online merchandiser, I wouldn't send a stick of gum to this godforsaken state. Don't like it? Then rise the hell up and do something about it, or at the very least - stop posting about what a "nice experience" you had at Northeast Traitors, when Ted himself admits to being complicit in this nonsense...

As a side note, if I were an online merchandiser, I wouldn't send a stick of gum to this godforsaken state. Don't like it? Then rise the hell up and do something about it, or at the very least - stop posting about what a "nice experience" you had at Northeast Traitors, when Ted himself admits to being complicit in this nonsense...
This

Back
Top Bottom