• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH road rage shooting

We were heading back from drag races. Got off rt.3 in Weymouth and had a statie up my ass deep, I looked in the mirror a couple times telling him to back off, he didn’t so I stood on the brakes, he went off road then pulled me over. He yelled I yelled. He ran my info came back and said leave now. I said see ya

We were heading back from drag races. Got off rt.3 in Weymouth and had a statie up my ass deep, I looked in the mirror a couple times telling him to back off, he didn’t so I stood on the brakes, he went off road then pulled me over. He yelled I yelled. He ran my info came back and said leave now. I said see ya
Im surprised that was all that came of it. A bruised cop ego can be a dangerous thing.

the one complaining about camping in the left lane is the one that stays in the left lane
Want to make a bet on that? When I'm over there, I'm passing. 3 of us yesterday all moved over into the right lanes with nearly nobody around us for well over 80 miles at 80-85, we were all using our directionals and still had a few people passing us.
It is a law to stay right unless passing and it's not hard to do.

I'm just surprised this happened in that little piece of heaven we call New Hampshire. I find it hard to believe they weren't both MA residents.
Was wondering how long this thread would go on. Because Bogeyman.

Why
Yes it was...Gilmanton I believe
Author was from Gilmanton but wrote it in Plymouth and elsewhere and certain events referenced happened in the area, such as the murder of an incestuous father by his daughter, who buried him under a sheep pen in Gilmanton Ironworks.

“Our Town” is said to be “near Massachusetts” but Wilder wrote it while living in Peterborough. He was from CT.

“Beachcombing for a Shipwrecked God” is set in Portsmouth but the author is from TX living at his in-laws house in Maine.

“A Separate Peace” was set at Phillips Exeter Academy in Exeter. The author went to school there.

“Coniston” was a political novel set in Croydon.

Last edited:
Don't tailgate and you won't get brake checked.

If you watch some of the brake checking gone wrong compilations you’ll find that many times that is absolutely not the case.

Many, maybe even most, are the result of the tailgater themselves doing the brake checking. They get mad about someon driving too slow for them. Tailgate them. And then eventually pass them, pull in front of them, and then brake check them.

Watch this:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=31VmU-ARqBQ

If you watch some of the brake checking gone wrong compilations you’ll find that many times that is absolutely not the case.

Many, maybe even most, are the result of the tailgater themselves doing the brake checking. They get mad about someon driving too slow for them. Tailgate them. And then eventually pass them, pull in front of them, and then brake check them.

Watch this:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=31VmU-ARqBQ

It's funny how most of them in that video are BMW or Audi drivers. I never would have guessed it.

giphy.gif

Not true! One Audi maybe 2 or 3 bmw’s tops. Counted at least 5 Toyota’s and a dozen iron curtain tin cans. You people and your bimmer bias. How many more Mr Speaker!!? how many more!!?

It's like a version of Trump Derangement Syndrome. "they" only notice the German cars lol

It's like a version of Trump Derangement Syndrome. "they" only notice the German cars lol

It does make sense though. We are genetically designed to notice things first that are more likely to be an issue to us. It is necessary for survival.

Therefore, I see all the BMW, Audi and PT Cruiser vehicles first.

Sorry to hear about your friend.
He doesn't look like the type that would shoot someone in a road rage incident.
Unfortunately, without other witnesses or video it's going to be a case of "whomever hires the best lawyer wins"
Sucks.
More good examples/reasons for the rest of us to maintain cool heads in situations like this.

Got my dash cam last year, recorded a few a**h***s, no real good ones yet tho. You should hear my audio though, man you'd think I was certifiably insane swearing at idiots. Need to remember that if I ever actually need
to turn in a video, lol.

Sorry to hear about your friend.
He doesn't look like the type that would shoot someone in a road rage incident.
Unfortunately, without other witnesses or video it's going to be a case of "whomever hires the best lawyer wins"
Sucks.
More good examples/reasons for the rest of us to maintain cool heads in situations like this.

Got my dash cam last year, recorded a few a**h***s, no real good ones yet tho. You should hear my audio though, man you'd think I was certifiably insane swearing at idiots. Need to remember that if I ever actually need
to turn in a video, lol.

My plan is to bring it into the video editor and remove the audio track and pretend it was never there.

It does make sense though. We are genetically designed to notice things first that are more likely to be an issue to us. It is necessary for survival.

Therefore, I see all the BMW, Audi and PT Cruiser vehicles first.
Add SUBARU since November 9, 2016!!!!!

Who came up with that report, captain obvious? [laugh] They could have recaptioned it with "Top 10 car brands in america" [rofl] and the
meaning wouldn't have changed much.

-Mike

Exactly, screw per capita bullshit. These are the real dangers due to the numbers... :)

You can donate, or not. Your choice. And I hope you never find yourself wrongly charged in a legitimate case of self defense (seriously, not just in a karma kind of way).

One NES member donated $100 based simply on my friendship with Joe. If my reputation is worth anything at all, I consider that the highest compliment I could possibly receive.

Defense attorney Penny Dean called me today, and we spoke for about 30 minutes. There are many hinkey things about this case, but they're all on the prosecution side. Starting with the denial of bail, which is very rare for a charge of first degree assault. Even suspects with a long history of violent convictions get bail; Joe has zero criminal record.

I'll let the details play out in court, but I'm convinced that everything that you (and I) first saw reported in the news is pretty much wrong.

I submitted a letter of support for release on bail, and I wasn't hesitant to attach my good name to Joe's.

You can donate, or not. Your choice. And I hope you never find yourself wrongly charged in a legitimate case of self defense (seriously, not just in a karma kind of way).

One NES member donated $100 based simply on my friendship with Joe. If my reputation is worth anything at all, I consider that the highest compliment I could possibly receive.

Defense attorney Penny Dean called me today, and we spoke for about 30 minutes. There are many hinkey things about this case, but they're all on the prosecution side. Starting with the denial of bail, which is very rare for a charge of first degree assault. Even suspects with a long history of violent convictions get bail; Joe has zero criminal record.

I'll let the details play out in court, but I'm convinced that everything that you (and I) first saw reported in the news is pretty much wrong.

I submitted a letter of support for release on bail, and I wasn't hesitant to attach my good name to Joe's.
Denial of bail for an assault?

That’s amazing. Wrong skin color I suppose.

Update on the incident

Driver shot during April road rage on Route 4 had it coming, defense will argue

Brown has been held without bail since the incident

There's a witness who has stated that Brown's vehicle was being rammed by the guy he shot (Marandos) which pretty clearly changes this to clear self defense........
The no bail thing is bullshit. The guys not a risk. If was a gang banger in Dorchester he'd have been out on bail in 24 hours. Ruining the dudes life by not letting him put till the trail.

Based on the eye witness account it may be a good self defense shooting. If a guy was bumping into me repeatedly on purpose and when I got out he rushed at me....I may have reached for my fire arm too.

Assuming I had cell coverage (real issue in much of NH) I would have called 911 as a first step and gone on record that I was being threatened and douchebag was road raging, escalating to assaulting me with motor vehicle yada yada yada......

I would venture to guess that if things are as the defendant says then a dash cam would have gone a long way towards dispelling the charges and ensuring he didnt spend time in jail

IMHO it should serve as a lesson to everyone to try to think through steps you CAN take to defend yourself from being charged with a crime when forced to defend yourself
Tough to say if I were in that situation if I'd have had the thought process to call.

I agree though that there are ways to de escalate a situation. Years ago I was involved in a road rage incident. A close call between me and another pickup truck in a market basket parking lot. No collision
.....we both kind of f***ed up and almost had our mirrors hit. I gave him the "sorry dude" wave and moved on and parked. He followed me and blocked me in by parallel parking behind me and I had no place to go. He got out and came to my window and started screaming at me to get out and "handle it like a man". I was carrying.....but I grabbed my cell phone and started recording......the moment I put the cell phone up to my window he smartened up and went back to his truck and drove away.

Sometimes a cell phone is the best defense. Glad he smartened up.....but I had no intentions of getting out of my truck. If he had busted out my window or something crazy not sure how that would have gone for him.

I try to take a deep breath and pull over. There’s just no good way out when someone wants to be a dick.
Yahbut you've made me realize that in the case of road rage,
the thing to do is to not to park at the side of the road,
but to turn onto a side road like you meant to do that.

Greatly decreases the risk that the rager will double back
and follow you on the side road - especially if you keep driving the side road,
and make another turn before they can see which way you went.

Were keys thrown on the roof during the argument?
No, but this entire affair has been an upper-decker from the word "go".

Wonder why car companies are reluctant to make these a factory package option. Hell, they already have reverse cams in place already. Just add one more up front and tie it to a recorder.
Liability. Consumer buys car with camera, didn't know it was there/recording. Next thing you know he causes a wreck and authorities subpeona the contents.
Now you have a very pissed off consumer, because the car he bought has unknowingly just betrayed him.
^ THIS.

You just know that auto manufacturer dashcams will quickly be all
"now youse can't delete the video".

I'd sooner buy a Honda with a Honda Nav option
than a Honda with a Honda recording dashcam.

Back
Top Bottom