NH non resident permit?

[laugh2] You have been denied enlightenment, Jose. = he cannot explain the statement.

I'm looking forward to driving up to the Pumpkin Blast IV a month from today. It'll be my first time carrying a firearm into NH. The last time I was up there I wasn't even aware that I could carry my handgun with me, and just either unload and conceal it, or open carry it loaded. Back then I thought you had to have a non-res permit to carry a handgun at all, (as a visiting MA resident, that is). Ha!

another stunningly witty response.

do these help you? in general both a permit and license give you permission to do something

\per·mit1   /v. pərˈmɪt; n. ˈpɜrmɪt, pərˈmɪt/ Show Spelled [v. per-mit; n. pur-mit, per-mit] Show IPA verb,-mit·ted, -mit·ting, noun
–verb (used with object)
1.to allow to do something: Permit me to explain.
2.to allow to be done or occur: The law does not permit the sale of such drugs.
3.to tolerate; agree to: a law permitting Roman Catholicism in England.
4.to afford opportunity for, or admit of: vents to permit the escape of gases.
–verb (used without object)
5.to grant permission; allow liberty to do something.
6.to afford opportunity or possibility: Write when time permits.
7.to allow or admit (usually fol. by of): statements that permit of no denial.
–noun
8.an authoritative or official certificate of permission; license: a fishing permit.
9.a written order granting special permission to do something.
10.permission.

li·cense   /ˈlaɪsəns/ Show Spelled [lahy-suhns] Show IPA noun, verb,-censed, -cens·ing.
–noun
1.formal permission from a governmental or other constituted authority to do something, as to carry on some business or profession.
2.a certificate, tag, plate, etc., giving proof of such permission; official permit: a driver's license.
3.permission to do or not to do something.
4.intentional deviation from rule, convention, or fact, as for the sake of literary or artistic effect: poetic license.
5.exceptional freedom allowed in a special situation.
6.excessive or undue freedom or liberty.
7.licentiousness.
8.the legal right to use a patent owned by another.
–verb (used with object)
9.to grant authoritative permission or license to.
Source(s):
www.dictinary.com

Last edited:
[laugh] OK lets just agree that they pretty much mean the same thing.

Back on topic, I am curious (and I know I don't have to worry about it for four years but...) how soon can you submit your non-res renewal application before the date of expiration of your current one?

Application mailed (Priority) to NH State Police September 27th
Rec'd by NH State Police on September 28th
$100 Check Cashed October 3rd
License Received October 12th

my non resident is still in process I have a mass LTC unrestricted and a FFL class 3. very nice on the phone. I submitted my applic on sept 18 they kick it back on sept 26 because I forgot to put reason mailed it back sept sept 27 called yesterday and a very nice woman said its still in review give it a week. its still quicker than mass

Still waiting I called and got a very nice woman saying they are reviewing it its been over a month . I have a ffl class 3 and a mass ltc all lawful any advise would be great

Sent mine out this morning.
After reading though this thread, I think me have made a boo boo on the app.
Will they kick it back to be corrected or will they deny me?

Last edited:
what happens is when they see how short the form is their eyes glaze over
how-to-draw-an-anime-bunny-tutorial-drawing.png

If people DL it from the NH gov't site, they get the whole thing with instructions. If they DL from anywhere else, all bets are off.

But yes, it's as simple a form as you'll ever find from any gov't agency and shouldn't require too much over-thinking to fill it out.

sent in my app Oct. 12,- check cashed on the 19th, called and left message on on Nov 9th, called again and was told it's approved and will be receiving it shortly, Nov. 13th received a call from the message I left was told all approved and they were printing it, will receive shortly, [angry] I'm on 5 weeks and waiting....

Last edited:
sent in my app Oct. 12,- check cashed on the 19th, called and left message on on Nov 9th, called again and was told it's approved and will be receiving it shortly, Nov. 13th received a call from the message I left was told all approved and they were printing it, will receive shortly, [angry] I'm on 5 weeks and waiting....

This sounds crazy compared mine and most other experiences I've heard about

Received my permit today,[smile]

Mine is still being processed sent sept 26. Called to check and they told me still waiting on approval. Ive had a ma ltc class A unrestricted for ten years and a FFL . When I stated I need a letter to appeal, the woman's answers was your not denied we need to verify with Massachusetts and they have not responded. Looking for any helpful advise. Im also a veteran with a secret security clearance

Back
Top Bottom