NH non resident permit?

Mine is still being processed sent sept 26. Called to check and they told me still waiting on approval. Ive had a ma ltc class A unrestricted for ten years and a FFL . When I stated I need a letter to appeal, the woman's answers was your not denied we need to verify with Massachusetts and they have not responded. Looking for any helpful advise. Im also a veteran with a secret security clearance

Call Evan Nappen, look up for his info

My non resident permit finally came today but it was issued on 10/2/12 applied on sept 26 arrived in mail 11/28/12 still quicker than mass

Application mailed (Priority) to NH State Police December 18th
$100 Check Cashed December 26th
License Received December 28th

Last edited:
Just spoke to someone there, I sent my application in two weeks ago and they havent even gotten it yet. They are That back logged.

- - - Updated - - -

Just spoke to someone there, I sent my application in two weeks ago and they havent even gotten it yet. They are That back logged.

Haven't gotten it yet or haven't gotten to it yet? BIG difference!

When I called the woman looked to see if they've gotten it through their office and she said no. It's entirely possible it didn't get there and it's lost in the Mail but she said its swamped there with new applications and to wait another week and call back if I haven't heard anything yet.

When I called the woman looked to see if they've gotten it through their office and she said no. It's entirely possible it didn't get there and it's lost in the Mail but she said its swamped there with new applications and to wait another week and call back if I haven't heard anything yet.

Swamped or not, they only have 14 days to issue or deny, period, no exceptions. If they do not have it in their office/system by now, then it is lost in the mail, which they have no control over. I'd resend, certified mail and put a stop payment on the check that is lost.

Swamped or not, they only have 14 days to issue or deny, period, no exceptions. If they do not have it in their office/system by now, then it is lost in the mail, which they have no control over. I'd resend, certified mail and put a stop payment on the check that is lost.

Ya I'll probably do that. I already called the bank. I'm just going to give it a few more days to see if they just haven't gotten it yet so I can avoid the stop payment charge.

Will a non-resident permit allow me to BUY in NH?

Will the non-resident permit allow me to buy a handgun in NH?

I'm a graduate student up here in New Hampshire but originally from Virginia....does that mean I still have to get the gun in VA...and how would I get it back to NH?

Also....does the non-resident permit allow me to buy from a private person who "knows me well?"

thanks!

No, a NR permit ONLY allows you to CCW.

Under Fed Law you are considered a NH resident while at school (BATFE Ruling 80-21).

You might go visit your local PD and see if they will issue you a Resident permit. BUT even that won't let you buy in NH.

You would have to convince a NH FFL of your NH resident status to their satisfaction. A Student ID MIGHT do it, but you need to ask the dealer and each dealer might be different.

No, a NR permit ONLY allows you to CCW.

Under Fed Law you are considered a NH resident while at school (BATFE Ruling 80-21).

You might go visit your local PD and see if they will issue you a Resident permit. BUT even that won't let you buy in NH.

You would have to convince a NH FFL of your NH resident status to their satisfaction. A Student ID MIGHT do it, but you need to ask the dealer and each dealer might be different.

Student ID and pay stubs addressed to me and a personal check with my NH address be enough?

Think it will be a major hassle trying to convince an FFL this?

I just sent mine out today. I have been reading some mixed times from when people send it in to when they get it. So what is a good time to set im also from maine. also what number can i call to check up on it?

Thanks Chace

today will mark 3 weeks since I sent it, just called in to ask about whether or not they received it. Looks like it's been lost in the mail. Sending in a new application

Back
Top Bottom