NH non resident permit?

Check cashed on 10/1/2009, license received on 10/19/2009. [smile]

Application ($20) sent June 5th Check cashed Nov 5th (Four Months) it will probably take another two weeks to get the license....... Painfull!!!!!

Application ($20) sent June 5th Check cashed Nov 5th (Four Months) it will probably take another two weeks to get the license....... Painfull!!!!!

Uhhhh, pray for 2 weeks. My check was cashed on 10/14 and as of today I STILL have no received my license in the mail. I need to call these guys on Monday and see what the deal is.

I may be the last to squeak in for $20 as Mine was sent the last day before the increase. My check was cashed 11/06. hopefully the mail will arrive soon.

Check cashed by NH 10/13/2009 license recieved this morning 11/09/2009 just under a month chea!

Definately appreciate the update, Glock! Maybe my license isn't lost in the mail?!
I should see mine in the mail this week (check cashed on 10/14). I might call just to make sure that all is good.

NH Non R in yesterday

It worked I posted a few days ago about my nh non resident ltc, it came yesterday[smile] Wife" why do you need that?" me "tell mr again why you have shoes you never wear and cloths that are older than our marrige with the tags still on"

($20) Sent 6/9 or 6/10. Check cashed 10/15. Received 11/12. It seems it is taking 4 weeks just to receive them after the check is cashed!!! And some of the $100 applications were sent and received in around 3 weeks!!![frown] 5 months in total. [shocked]

NH Non Res permit

Sent application June 5 ($20) check cashed Nov 5th received license Nov 20th..... 136 days...19 1/2 weeks.....4 1/2 Months painfull. I submitted to Maine last week. Lets see how long they take.

NH non-Resident renewal:

Mailed to NH: 12/04/09

Return Mail from NH: 12/10/09

In my hands today.

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Finally! I did not realize my Birthday present(Aug) would turn out to be my Christmas present. It arrive today all shiny and new. Just 5 mths and 19 days after being mailed or 43 days after being issued......

Hope everyone else that spent the $20 back in June has theirs now too.

Very happy to see renewals will be quicker now for the extra $80. At least we are getting better service for the increase in license fees. That rarely happens in Gov.

Well Finally! I did not realize my Birthday present(Aug) would turn out to be my Christmas present. It arrive today all shiny and new. Just 5 mths and 19 days after being mailed or 43 days after being issued......

Hope everyone else that spent the $20 back in June has theirs now too.

Very happy to see renewals will be quicker now for the extra $80. At least we are getting better service for the increase in license fees. That rarely happens in Gov.

But yet, they are still in violation of the law. [rolleyes]

No, the 14 day must issue is for residents.

No it is not. The RSA's do not state nor imply that.

159:6 License to Carry. –
I. The selectmen of a town or the mayor or chief of police of a city or some full-time police officer designated by them respectively, upon application of any resident of such town or city, or the director of state police, or some person designated by such director, upon application of a nonresident, shall issue a license to such applicant authorizing the applicant to carry a loaded pistol or revolver in this state for not less than 4 years from the date of issue, if it appears that the applicant has good reason to fear injury to the applicant's person or property or has any proper purpose, and that the applicant is a suitable person to be licensed. Hunting, target shooting, or self-defense shall be considered a proper purpose. The license shall be valid for all allowable purposes regardless of the purpose for which it was originally issued. The license shall be in duplicate and shall bear the name, address, description, and signature of the licensee. The original shall be delivered to the licensee and the duplicate shall be preserved by the people issuing the same for 4 years. When required, license renewal shall take place within the month of the fourth anniversary of the license holder's date of birth following the date of issuance. The license shall be issued within 14 days after application, and, if such application is denied, the reason for such denial shall be stated in writing, the original of which such writing shall be delivered to the applicant, and a copy kept in the office of the person to whom the application was made. The fee for licenses issued to residents of the state shall be $10, which fee shall be for the use of the law enforcement department of the town or city granting said licenses; the fee for licenses granted to out-of-state residents shall be $100, which fee shall be for the use of the state. The director of state police is hereby authorized and directed to prepare forms for the licenses required under this chapter and forms for the application for such licenses and to supply the same to officials of the cities and towns authorized to issue the licenses. No other forms shall be used by officials of cities and towns. The cost of the forms shall be paid out of the fees received from nonresident licenses.
II. No photograph or fingerprint shall be required or used as a basis to grant, deny, or renew a license to carry for a resident or nonresident, unless requested by the applicant.

Racenet is right. It actually took them 15 days for my in-state but I was not going to put up a fuss about that. As for the two week turn around, it is for non-res license as well, although sometime unrealisitc given the time it takes to mail something to some places.

As long as the license is issued within 14 days after application, they are within the law. The date of issue is on the permit. That does not include mail time, as that is out of their control.

Making an application for a license and having an issue date 5 months later is not acceptable and illegal. No excuse allows the state to ignore the law.

Got mine today. Mailed to them 12/29. Nice!

Now, I noticed it doesn't say LTC like my MA one does. It is still a lic to carry concealed though, right?

Now, I noticed it doesn't say LTC like my MA one does. It is still a lic to carry concealed though, right?

NH issues a pistol and revolver permit, yes it is what's needed to carry concealed. A P&R is the only permit issued in NH, there are two versions, resident and non-resident.

Yes.... it also allows you to have a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle in NH, as well. Folks often forget this part.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom