NH non resident permit?

Application sent 3/10

Check cashed 6/26

License received 7/8

two days shy of four months...

OK... now I have MA, NH and ME. Now for CT and C&R.

Aww, man, I sent them my renewal app in the beginning of May. When do you think I'll finally get it?

Aww, man, I sent them my renewal app in the beginning of May. When do you think I'll finally get it?

I sent mine in the beginning of April and still no license. The check has not even been cashed yet.
The way things are going expect around 4 months.

W.T.F.

Is it still legal for someone to CC (in NH) with an expired non-resident pistol permit as long as they did their part and sent in the paper work within a reasonable amount of time (one month) before the permit expired?

W.T.F.

Is it still legal for someone to CC (in NH) with an expired non-resident pistol permit as long as they did their part and sent in the paper work within a reasonable amount of time (one month) before the permit expired?

Absolutely NOT LEGAL!

I asked that exact question of NH Licensing and that was the answer that I received.

W.T.F.

Unfortunatly there is no grace period.

When did the price increase go into effect? If I sent my application the end of May with the $20 fee, but have not received the license yet (and don't expect it for a couple more months), is there any way they will ask for more $$$?

Relocating to NH

How do I or what do I need to do so that I will NOT have a lapse in my right to carry. Plan on moving up here (NH) soon. I do have a Fl CCW and do not like leaving the house w/o my buddy by my side.

How do I or what do I need to do so that I will NOT have a lapse in my right to carry. Plan on moving up here (NH) soon. I do have a Fl CCW and do not like leaving the house w/o my buddy by my side.

A FL resident permit is accepted in NH. As for obtaining a NH permit, once you become a resident of NH your local PD will have it to you within a week. Some towns are even quicker. The town I live in I was able to get a resident permit the same day I submitted the application.

A FL resident permit is accepted in NH. As for obtaining a NH permit, once you become a resident of NH your local PD will have it to you within a week. Some towns are even quicker. The town I live in I was able to get a resident permit the same day I submitted the application.

From CCRKBA:: CCW Reciprocity Guide:
http://www.ccrkba.org/reciprocity.html

"Colorado (CO), Michigan (MI), South Carolina (SC), New Hampshire (NH), Florida (FL), Kansas (KS) and West Virginia (WV) only honor permits from residents of the issuing states."

From CCRKBA:: CCW Reciprocity Guide:
http://www.ccrkba.org/reciprocity.html

"Colorado (CO), Michigan (MI), South Carolina (SC), New Hampshire (NH), Florida (FL), Kansas (KS) and West Virginia (WV) only honor permits from residents of the issuing states."

Right NH doesn't recognize FL NONRES, but the person asking the question has his location listed as Florida, and I believe said that he has FL RES, which A-OK in NH.

Right NH doesn't recognize FL NONRES, but the person asking the question has his location listed as Florida, and I believe said that he has FL RES, which A-OK in NH.

Correct, and that is why I posted this.....

How do I or what do I need to do so that I will NOT have a lapse in my right to carry. Plan on moving up here (NH) soon. I do have a FL CCW and do not like leaving the house w/o my buddy by my side.

I believe you cannot avoid at least a 14 day lapse for concealed carry. As soon as you move from FL, your FL resident license will become invalid.
One of the first things you should do is contact the COP in your new city/town regarding your pistol permit. You might be able to convert a NH NonRes to a resident permit rather quickly.
Until you acquire your NH Pistol Permit, you may still open carry, if you are so inclined, just remember to unload before you get into a vehicle.

The longest it's ever taken for my resident P&R License (initial application or renewal) is 4 days. Many, many others have reported similar times. You won't be running bareback long.

Thank you all. you have been very informative. I think I will get my NH non res. and convert it at all costs. Thanks again.

I wouldn't bother.......I'd just get the resident permit once you arrive. The non-res now cost $100 and has a wait of about 3 months. The resident permit will cost you $10 and will take less than a week.

This ain't FL......NH was rated the safest state. You'd be fine for a few days. As was said you can open carry without a permit, just don't have it loaded and in a vehicle.

I wouldn't bother.......I'd just get the resident permit once you arrive. The non-res now cost $100 and has a wait of about 3 months. The resident permit will cost you $10 and will take less than a week.

Valid point. I was unaware of the nonres wait period and thought every one paid the $100. Thanks again. You guys are great!

Valid point. I was unaware of the nonres wait period and thought every one paid the $100. Thanks again. You guys are great!

The non-res permit was recently went from $20 to $100. Even though is suppose to take less than 14 days, it is taking about 3 months. This is issued through the State PD

The resident permit remains untouched at $10. It can take up to 14 days, most receive it quicker. It is issued by the local PD, however some towns may have the selectmen issue it. The wait time can vary depending on the town. In my town it was issued the same day I submitted the application.

It is taking around 4 months now although there are some people that have gotten lucky and gotten theirs sooner.

I figured it's better to post this here than to start another non-resident thread...

Can someone educate me on the process for getting a replacement non-resident LTC. I lost my wallet.

Who do I call? Is there another fee? How long does it typically take?

Non Res LTC NH

I sent mine in last week. The check was cashed 4 days later. I hope I am one of the lucky ones.

A sidenote. I just received my PA Non Res LTC.....11 days from send in to receiving the license. That is service.

I figured it's better to post this here than to start another non-resident thread...

Can someone educate me on the process for getting a replacement non-resident LTC. I lost my wallet.

Who do I call? Is there another fee? How long does it typically take?

Since you posted this in a thread titled "NH NR Permit", I can only assume that you mean that you lost your NH NR Permit, not your LTC.

Contact the Licensing Unit at NH SP and they will tell you what is necessary. Contact info is on their website and should be on the papers that you sent in initially, you kept a copy didn't you? If not, look for a sticky in this forum with the URL to the state's webpage on permits.

Will do.

Called today and left message...waiting for a call back.

EDIT: Two messages left, no response yet. Their recording says they'll respond by the end of the day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom