NH non resident permit?

Crapola. I sent mine on 1/21 and still haven't seen anything yet. I better get a jump on Maine too.. it's probably just as bad.

I called today and got a recording saying it was taking 10 weeks for the permit.
NH may be a pro-gun state, but they take just as much liberty disregarding their own laws as MA does. RSA 159:6 requires the approve or deny any application within 14 days, not 70.

NH 14-day approval

Rob,

The 14-day "shall issue" requirement is only on resident permits issued by local police departments. The State Police who issue out-of-state permits operate on a completely different set of rules.

Sorry, checked today. Technically the 14-day response time applies to both resident permits by local chiefs of police and the state police with non-resident permits, however I would recommend a more mild tone when dealing with the Coronel of the NH State Police. A polite request is much more likely to obstain a desirable response.

Also, the Office of the Attorney General is not the best place to file a complaint for a delay in recieving non-resistent permit as the AG does not want to get into a pissing contest with the Coronel of the State Police. Rather, send it to the Director of the Department of Safety since he is actually the Coronel's boss.

I wanted to check if they had received my renewal and left a message. A message was left saying that they were processing requests of Jan. 27th and that they would not know if they had received mine until they get to the date I sent it in which was about 3 weeks ago so it looks like a long wait ahead.

About to send in my NH non-res renewal app. It's asking me for what reason, "protection" or "all proper purposes". What should I put?

Also it asks if I have ever been denied a LTC anywhere. When I renewed my MA LTC 2 years ago I was denied, had to annul a charge I wasn't aware was in my record, re-applied and got my 2nd amendment rights restored.

I assume I must check the "yes" box and I have to explain why. Should I simply write "There was a discrepancy in my record I was unaware of when I reapplied in 2007 and I was denied renewal of my MA LTC. The discrepancy has since been annulled and my MA LTC renewed." ?

Although I currently hold a MA Class A LTC unrestricted, will this interfere with my NH non-res renewal?

About to send in my NH non-res renewal app. It's asking me for what reason, "protection" or "all proper purposes". What should I put?

Also it asks if I have ever been denied a LTC anywhere. When I renewed my MA LTC 2 years ago I was denied, had to annul a charge I wasn't aware was in my record, re-applied and got my 2nd amendment rights restored.

I assume I must check the "yes" box and I have to explain why. Should I simply write "There was a discrepancy in my record I was unaware of when I reapplied in 2007 and I was denied renewal of my MA LTC. The discrepancy has since been annulled and my MA LTC renewed." ?

Although I currently hold a MA Class A LTC unrestricted, will this interfere with my NH non-res renewal?

I can't imagine it would for the reasons you mentioned.

I'm filling out my NR application and am wonding what most of you put for the reason(s) for application: PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES ?? Thanks

I'm filling out my NR application and am wonding what most of you put for the reason(s) for application: PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES ?? Thanks

on the back it says "all proper purposes" is one of two acceptable answers. I can't remember what the other one is. I actually wrote "all lawful purposes" before reading the instructions... I get an "F" for reading instructions but I assume that, since it's NH and not MA, I'll be fine.

ETA: haha I'm assuming that "protection" is the other one... I'm quick... I would just put "all proper purposes"

sent in feb 23. issued 06-02 and recived today.

Interesting. I have a co-worker that sent his in on the same day as you. He called yesterday, and they told him they were putting in the envelope right then. He thinks it was because he called, but maybe it was just his time in the cue.

sent my application in 6/1/2009 I'll let people know when i get my license.

Definately please keep us updated. I sent mine in on June 5th, so I will be particularly interested in your wait time. From the rest of the info on this thread, it would appear we will hear something early fall.

I mailed mine 3/16, but I'm moving on 7/1

Do you think I will get my permit before the end of this month?

I should probably call NH to notify them of an address change...

I don't think I should just hope that it will get forwarded with the rest of my junk mail...

^ I would probably give them a call to have them update the system, I sent my application in the second week of March and still have not heard anything so you still have some time to have your address updated, last thing you want is to wait three months only to not get it when it comes in

Back
Top Bottom