• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH non resident permit?

Just got my Non Resident NH license. 4 weeks... Can someone answer me this stupid question. I have a Mass LTC-A with no restrictions, My NH license doesn't say anything as to me being able to carry a gun conceled,, I put for all lawful purpose,, It just has Non resident, Pistol / revolver License. Permit #.. Is that all it has to say,,,

Thanks,
Joe

Just got my Non Resident NH license. 4 weeks... Can someone answer me this stupid question. I have a Mass LTC-A with no restrictions, My NH license doesn't say anything as to me being able to carry a gun conceled,, I put for all lawful purpose,, It just has Non resident, Pistol / revolver License. Permit #.. Is that all it has to say,,,

Thanks,
Joe

No worries. The NH permit allows concealed carry and you can carry a loaded gun while driving.

The ONLY reason that license exists is for concealed carry.

NH, like the majority of other states does not have a license to own or possess firearms.

I just received my (first) NH pistol/revolver license today,

but I didn't read this noob question anywhere on NES:

Is the white stripe for my signature? (There's no "signature of applicant" nor "signature of licensee" note as on my MA LTC and PA LTC) Is it for nothing?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I just received my (first) NH pistol/revolver permit today,

but I didn't read this noob question anywhere on NES:

Is the white stripe for my signature? (There's no "signature of applicant" nor "signature of licensee" note as on my MA LTC and PA LTC) Is it for nothing?

Thanks.

Unless they changed the card since 2007, mine says "Invalid without signature" on the back, under the NH SP address. That space is where you sign it. Suggest using Ultra Fine Point Sharpie as ballpoint pen signatures on these (and credit cards) will not last.

Unless they changed the card since 2007, mine says "Invalid without signature" on the back, under the NH SP address. That space is where you sign it.

They must've changed it, then!

"If found please return to:
New Hampshire State Police
Permits and License Unit
33 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03305"

...is all it says, then the stripe. Nothing else on the back.

Suggest using Ultra Fine Point Sharpie as ballpoint pen signatures on these (and credit cards) will not last.

Yeah, that's what I'll use.

Thanks alot, Len. I appreciate it. You know how anal we (have to) get in MA...

2 week turn around time on mine also. Really fast and simple. I signed mine in the white strip. seemed only logical.

My NH non-res application returned as denied today. The reason was 'unsuitable' because some uncertain transgressions I committed in 1982 and 1990 in Arkansas (descriptions looked rather cryptic). It must have been a case of mistaken identity as I didn't set foot first time on the States until several years later.

The letter gave no specific instructions on appeal. Do I simply send the appeal to the same address as the application address? I plan on sending copies of my old foreign passport, the port of entry record and naturalization certificate, as these would establish my identity, timeline of arrival to the US and the history thereafter. I wonder if these are enough evidence for them to correct the error?

Last edited:
My NH non-res application returned as denied today. The reason was 'unsuitable' because some uncertain transgressions I committed in 1982 and 1990 in Arkansas (descriptions looked rather cryptic). It must have been a case of mistaken identity as I didn't set foot first time on the States until several years later.

The letter gave no specific instructions on appeal. Do I simply send the appeal to the same address as the application address? I plan on sending copies of my old foreign passport, the port of entry record and naturalization certificate, as these would establish my identity, timeline of arrival to the US and the history thereafter. I wonder if these are enough evidence for them to correct the error?

IANAL, but it appears one must petition the court within 30 days...

RSA 159:6 said:
...if such application is denied, the reason for such denial shall be stated in writing, the original of which such writing shall be delivered to the applicant, and a copy kept in the office of the person to whom the application was made...

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XII/159/159-6.htm

RSA 159:6c said:
Any person whose application for a license to carry a loaded pistol or revolver has been denied pursuant to RSA 159:6 or whose license to carry a loaded pistol or revolver has been suspended or revoked pursuant to RSA 159:6-b may within 30 days thereafter, petition the district or municipal court in the jurisdiction in which such person resides to determine whether the petitioner is entitled to a license. The court shall conduct a hearing within 14 days after receipt of the petition. During this hearing the burden shall be upon the issuing authority to demonstrate by clear and convincing proof why any denial, suspension, or revocation was justified, failing which the court shall enter an order directing the issuing authority to grant or reinstate the petitioner's license. The court shall issue its decision not later than 14 days after the hearing on whether the petitioner is entitled to a license.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XII/159/159-6-c.htm

Last edited:

Call the NH Attorney General and ask

I see from the more recent posts here that turnaround time is a couple weeks for the non-res. I sent in my application on 3-24, and on 4-9 the check was cashed, but I have not seen anything since. Is there any where to get a status update?

Update: I called NH SP licensing unit this morning and was informed it was an outstanding warrant in Arkansas dated in mid-90's (I was there for one summer). It took me six or seven calls to go from dept to dept to find out it was a speeding ticket which I didn't show up for court (already left the AR address when the notice arrived). The officer in the Sheriff's office called the district court to have the warrant dismissed and sent a written notice in the mail.

The NH SP lady told me all I had to do was to re-apply once I get the dismissal paperwork. No need to file an appeal.

I guess there is no escape from my younger and restless years. [grin]

Update: the NH non-res permit came in the mail yesterday. I mailed the 2nd app on Sat Apr 30th. Less than two weeks turnaround.

I heard that NH law recently changed in several ways.

Is the fee for a non-resident LTC still $100.00?

The pdf online still shows $100.00, but I wonder if changes are in process. I heard it went back to $20.00.

Back
Top Bottom